Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

That's not true at all. Snead and McDuffie are better than any of 9ers corners out there. Andy Reid also coached circles around Shanahan again in the clutch.

Agreed. Also the 49ers OL is Trent Williams and trash. KC’s OL is significantly better than the 49ers.

Agreed. Also the 49ers OL is Trent Williams and trash. KC’s OL is significantly better than the 49ers.

Ya and that was without their best OL in Joe Thuney.

Granted those OTs are garbage and the refs allowed them to skate by. It’s a travesty that great players like Nick Bosa are disregarded in that manner.

Niners OL is the reason they lost.

Ya and that was without their best OL in Joe Thuney.

Granted those OTs are garbage and the refs allowed them to skate by. It’s a travesty that great players like Nick Bosa are disregarded in that manner.

Niners OL is the reason they lost.
KC's OLine was a hot mess this year. During the Chiefs down period in December, Mahomes was running for his life for half the game.

They got it together late, maybe Andy Reid stepped in and helped them, but I remember reading multiple articles on how their OLine was costing them the season.

KC's OLine was a hot mess this year. During the Chiefs down period in December, Mahomes was running for his life for half the game.

They got it together late, maybe Andy Reid stepped in and helped them, but I remember reading multiple articles on how their OLine was costing them the season.

Ya it was the OTs.

Their interior OL is one of the best. Smith and Taylor are stiffs. They can’t do anything but hold and should’ve been called even more penalties than the staggering amount already called on them.

Chiefs will be looking at OTs long and hard, especially early. If they want to move up to 21 I’m willing to listen.

That's not true at all. Snead and McDuffie are better than any of 9ers corners out there. Andy Reid also coached circles around Shanahan again in the clutch.
To that point, I thought McDuffie was the second best player on the field during the super bowl. If there was a defensive MVP, he was it.

My biggest takeaway is that we were doomed for having Bellicheat and Brady on our division and on the AFC. It was almost impossible to compete with them. Now we are doomed again because the best QB and the best coach since Brady and Bellicheat also play on the AFC. Chiefs are the new Pats and their dominance is a fact. Finalists of four of the last 5 Super Bowls winning three of them. We are dreaming of winning a single one since the early 70s and that freaking team just won three of them the last 5 years. By the way, their team is YOUNG, specially those WRs. They are cheap and they will only get better.
It's a copy cat league, but there's only one Patrick Mahomes. He is head and shoulders the best quarterback in football and he's paired with the best head coach and maybe the best defensive coordinator.

Simply put, you are spot on. This is a difficult task.

So, how do you compete? It's tough, with the rules on defense, to be really physical. The league has tried to take special teams out of the equation, at least those dynamic kick returners. Personally, I hate the current kickoff rules. That was always an exciting play, especially if you had a talented kick returner.

So besides injuries and luck, it seems like adding offense is the way to go???

Need better trench play on both sides of the ball and better tacklers on defense. And even that may not be enough to beat Mahomes
Look, I’m all about Mahomes and his greatness, but the truth is the 49ers blew it. They should’ve won that game but, they blew it. Their defense held Mahomes to nothing until that fumbled punt return which however unlikely hit that blockers foot. And then Shanahan doesn’t call a single run spanning 8 plays to start the second half and of course they go 3 and out three times, their normally spot on kicker who was booming 55 yard field goals missed a chip shot extra point, and then it appears Shanahan didn’t realize the overtime tules
We’re different in the Super Bowl. Neither did I, but then again, im not The head coach of The 49ers.

Mähomes can be beat, but if you give him opportunities or let him stay close, you are going to lose. He stepped up and made plays for sure when he needed to, but the 49ers blew it, and definitely could’ve won.

Back
Top Bottom