**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times) | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times)

Who can blame someone for not wanting to play for a team that is clearly tanking? Any self-respecting player shouldn't want to. Grier thought he could steal an asset early, but what he doesn't realize is everyone knows what he's doing and nobody wants to be a part of the process until it reaps rewards (a clear franchise QB).

There is no agenda. I still think about Ryan Clark how he said he almost made a mistake of coming to Miami as a free agent.
Dude, that was like 2010 and 5 regimes ago. Clowney said he didn't want to go to a rebuilding team, we are a rebuilding team.

Can we leave it at that?

Heck, he might only want to play for three more seasons, who knows?

Dude, that was like 2010 and 5 regimes ago. Clowney said he didn't want to go to a rebuilding team, we are a rebuilding team.

Can we leave it at that?

Heck, he might only want to play for three more seasons, who knows?
Show me a quote that shows Clowney saying :” I don’t won’t to play for the dolphins because they’re rebuilding or aren’t contenders.”

What a mess this thing turned out to be. Not only did they divert from their intelligent plan, they did so for a player who expressed no interest in being here.

Meanwhile they dangled a possible all time great dolphin out for bait, while telling him they would be resigning him. I imagine our future negotiations got much more expensive and I understand.

Hope Flores/grier learn that they have a long road ahead of them and they are not a clowney or an away right now from building a solid contender

I believe the reporting is that we were bargain bin shopping and asked about Clowney.

The Texans became interested in Tunsil. We said we weren't interested in trading Tunsil.

They offered Clowney and a first round pick for Tunsil. We replied, sorry, that isn't nearly enough.

All the while Clowney has expressed he doesn't want to join a rebuilding team.

Sounds like we handled it about as well as you would like?

Show me a quote that shows Clowney saying :” I don’t won’t to play for the dolphins because they’re rebuilding or aren’t contenders.”

Jay Glazer references it here. I don't know if those words were ever directly attributed as a quote from him. But it's been widely reported he doesn't want to go to a team that is rebuilding (Dolphins or otherwise).

"Obviously, Jadeveon Clowney is a guy we all know is on the trade block. I said it last week on our FOX broadcast down in Miami, that the Dolphins made the best offer to Houston but it’s up to Clowney to come and sign the actual tender. He has to to agree to go somewhere and sign his tender before he goes anywhere else and he’s not agreeing to do that at this point. I think he views Miami as a team that’s rebuilding and I don’t think he wants to go to a rebuilding team. The Texans have to convince him to take the trade that they want but he holds the power here or they could sit tight and he could at some point come in and play for the team. I think in the end, they end up trading him."

Back
Top Bottom