**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times) | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times)

Jay Glazer references it here. I don't know if those words were ever directly attributed as a quote from him. But it's been widely reported he doesn't want to go to a team that is rebuilding (Dolphins or otherwise).

"Obviously, Jadeveon Clowney is a guy we all know is on the trade block. I said it last week on our FOX broadcast down in Miami, that the Dolphins made the best offer to Houston but it’s up to Clowney to come and sign the actual tender. He has to to agree to go somewhere and sign his tender before he goes anywhere else and he’s not agreeing to do that at this point. I think he views Miami as a team that’s rebuilding and I don’t think he wants to go to a rebuilding team. The Texans have to convince him to take the trade that they want but he holds the power here or they could sit tight and he could at some point come in and play for the team. I think in the end, they end up trading him."
Im not being argumentative. Because yeah he says he wants to play for the eagles and Seahawks too but I’m not seeing him say because he views them as contenders. I’m just saying.. yes obviously Miami is rebuilding and that’s part of it but I still think players still view Miami as a dysfunctional franchise to play for regardless if they’re actually contenders or not.

Im not being argumentative. Because yeah he says he wants to play for the eagles and Seahawks too but I’m not seeing him say because he views them as contenders. I’m just saying.. yes obviously Miami is rebuilding and that’s part of it but I still think players still view Miami as a dysfunctional franchise to play for regardless if they’re actually contenders or not.
I really don't think that's the case anymore. What is dysfunctional about the current team? No T-Bum. Flores (supposedly) widely respected. Grier (supposedly) widely respected. All the clowns have gone back to the circus.

Stop with the dysfunctional. That has ended.

Ross is still the owner.
I have no problem with Ross as owner in team matters. I had no problem with Ross in his non-football related matters until this offseason. This offseason made me question him in the non-football area. But, as long as it doesn't effect his spending, desire to win, or the product on the field, I'm going to let his political shenanigans go.

I really don't think that's the case anymore. What is dysfunctional about the current team? No T-Bum. Flores (supposedly) widely respected. Grier (supposedly) widely respected. All the clowns have gone back to the circus.
That’s just it. I don’t think the team is dysfunctional anymore ,But you know it’s hard to shake that “reputation” from players minds outside the organization. I mean the browns are supposedly loaded with talent, but I gotta see it to believe it, I still see them as a losing franchise.

ring ring...''hello Miami dolphins, this is chris grier.''

texans, ''yes Chris, this is dewey decimal, active temp GM for the texans..We would like to inquire about your left tackle Laremy Tunsil?''

Grier...''Tunsil is not for sale..''

Texans..''wait, wait, what about this..........''

Grier...''Im listening...

media sensationalism and fake news insues..

I heard Clowney wanted Rosen to start and that was the major hold up, once Fitzpatrick was named the starter he was upset.

Last edited:
I love this “Clowney has the leverage” bs..

The Texans CANNOT trade him until he signs a tender. So it’s not like a trade can be finalized with the league, then he signs.

The Texans, in a total dick move could “assure” him that they have a trade in place with the Seahawks. And maybe they do. Then he signs, and they trade him to the cardinals. He can’t do anything about it.

Basically, he can sit a year, or not. He can give up $16m and hope his career extends a year to make it up.

Now - that doesn’t mean I want him in any trade for tunsil. I don’t.

I’m just saying. His leverage is not so great. He can stop a trade by not signing. But he can’t dictate a trade partner. He can only hope the Texans don’t do him dirty

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom