**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times) | Page 66 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times)

I believe the reporting is that we were bargain bin shopping and asked about Clowney.

The Texans became interested in Tunsil. We said we weren't interested in trading Tunsil.

They offered Clowney and a first round pick for Tunsil. We replied, sorry, that isn't nearly enough.

All the while Clowney has expressed he doesn't want to join a rebuilding team.

Sounds like we handled it about as well as you would like?
They got too cute is what happened. Once Houston tried creating a rift between us and LT we should have made our intentions not to trade him public. The leaking to the media for sure had not come from our end.

They should have bailed out after clowney said he didn't want to play here. their ego told them they could convince him and all they needed to do was get him here.

I appreciate they did their due diligence. But they stuck around too long and let Houston try to flip the whole script on them. It's a dirty move and I assume that won't go over well in the future between us and them.

They got too cute is what happened. Once Houston tried creating a rift between us and LT we should have made our intentions not to trade him public. The leaking to the media for sure had not come from our end.

They should have bailed out after clowney said he didn't want to play here. their ego told them they could convince him and all they needed to do was get him here.

I appreciate they did their due diligence. But they stuck around too long and let Houston try to flip the whole script on them. It's a dirty move and I assume that won't go over well in the future between us and them.
Yeah, I don't know.

Personally, if a team offers me Clowney and a first for Tunsil and I say no, I'm sending everyone a strong message.

You'd have to be an idiot not to stick around and see how high they would go to make the deal happen, and I think every player and employee in the league understands that.

Too early to say with any certainty, but the 2020 OG's appear to be less impressive than the 2018 and 2019 groups. If Miami's thrift OL doesn't work out, they may have to buy their pieces in FA. Lindstrom then McCoy would have gone a long way toward solidifying the unit. Of course, I would have also considered Dillard, but I understand those who see him as LT only.

The Wilkins pick is similar to the idea of the Clowney trade - pouring premium assets into the DL when the rest of the team isn't good enough for it to matter.

After QB, OL, WR/TE, and DB make the most sense as building blocks for a bad team. As Slimm mentioned months ago, DL helps put you over the top when you're good in the other areas. Miami is building in a very awkward way imo.
2019 Draft lined up perfectly to build the OL. 2020 Draft have your line ready to protect your QB Tua etc. The Fitzpatrick and Rosen deals made no sense. Play Ruddock, build OL, shed contracts. It was a simple course and 3 year build. This organization remains clueless.

I really don't think that's the case anymore. What is dysfunctional about the current team? No T-Bum. Flores (supposedly) widely respected. Grier (supposedly) widely respected. All the clowns have gone back to the circus.
Gase was well-respected too, he was hired as a head coach again like a week after we fired him. Philbin as well, how else did he parlay an offensive coordinator role where he didn’t even call the plays into a head coaching job. Hell even Dennis Hickey was well-respected, that term is virtually meaningless in this business.

So Clowney off to the Seahawks for Ifedi and a 2nd rd pick.

2019 Draft lined up perfectly to build the OL. 2020 Draft have your line ready to protect your QB Tua etc. The Fitzpatrick and Rosen deals made no sense. Play Ruddock, build OL, shed contracts. It was a simple course and 3 year build. This organization remains clueless.

Obviously they saw something in Tosen

I don't think any of this is a surprise to any NFL player that is a good player like Tunsil. The fact is the trade didn't happen and the reports, at least the ones I know of made it clear the Dolphins weren't going to let him go for anything but for a king's ransom. I think a good case could be made Tunsil should/could be more flattered than upset.

I don't think any of this is a surprise to any NFL player that is a good player like Tunsil. The fact is the trade didn't happen and the reports, at least the ones I know of made it clear the Dolphins weren't going to let him go for anything but for a king's ransom. I think a good case could be made Tunsil should/could be more flattered than upset.
Everyone is different so we'll see how he takes it. Tunsil should know the team wasn't trying to get rid of him but rather, they were listening to offers and it'd have to be an offer they couldn't refused.

Do any of you really believe that Tunsil now has hurt feelings over this? That is hysterical.
I actually see this as a huge win for Miami. They played it perfectly. Teams knew we were interested in dumping vets. We didn't 'announced who. Texas called and asked for Tunsil. We said it take everything plus your sister. And it didn't happen. Anybody trying to bring feelings into this or think Miami was used...ugh

Back
Top Bottom