Superbowl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Superbowl

catapano said:
WHO IS YOUR TEAM I FIGURED THE PATS SINCE YOU KEEP BRAGING ABOUT HOW GREAT THEY ARE
I'm a Bills fan

btw, when you see a team decimated with injuries go 14-2, win the superbowl, then improve in the offseason, you give them the proper respect

CirclingWagons said:
they went 14-2 last year and won the superbowl with more injuries than any team in the NFL. This year they are even more dangerous:

1. I thought the downfall of the Pats was going to be losing Teddy W....but look who they draft, the perfect replacement, Wilfork.

2. Roosevelt Colvin is now back, just another great defensive player Billy gets to work with(great blitzing LB).

3. David Patten is back, very vital part to their receiving corps.

4. Got a potentially very good TE in the draft, and the Pats use their TE's more than anybody in the offense.

5. They got a steal in the 3rd or 4th round getting Marquise Hill at DE from LSU.

6. Corey Dillon, Corey Dillon, Corey Dillon

No, an injury to Brady is the only thing, all other are expendable.

oh yeah, one more thing, it's Belichick's mind vs:

1. Edwards
2. Mularkey
3. Wanny

it'll take an act of god for them to not to win the division and more
It'll be freaky if they don't run the table in the division. This is truly a VERY WEAK division. The Jets are a mess, the Bills are the Bills (and it ain't pretty), and the poor Fins; talented but mentally weak. All they need to do is win four nonconference games and that should secure the division for them. The other games they play are for conference and home field honors.

CirclingWagons said:
yes, it was Bledsoe and the offenses fault that Gilbride called passing plays to no end, let me give you a few examples of the Bills season since you don't seem to grasp the fact that coaching is important in this league:

Week 1: 28 pass attempts, 32 RA....dominant win
Week 2: 27 PA, 29 RA....dominant win
Week 3: 26 PA, 14 RA....loss
Week 4: 43 PA, 10 RA...yes you read that right...loss
Week 5: 35 PA, 26 RA...overtime win, Henry toughed it out with torn rib cartilage
Week 6: 40 PA, 18 RA...guess what the outcome of that game was?
Week 7: 26 PA, 35 RA...whaddaya know?...running actually works!..dominant win.
Week 8: 38 PA, 25 RA...also, half of Henry's carries came when the Chiefs already had a 25-30 point lead..lol
Week 10: 34 PA, 25 RA...loss
Week 11: 26 PA, 27 RA...Henry had a great game, was averaged 6.5 a carry...why the hell did we even pass the ball 20 times?..lost 10-12 to HOU.
Week 13: 34 PA, 34 RA...win
Week 14: 15 PA, 38 RA...of course you know we won that game.
Week 15: 30 PA, 20 RA...ho-hum, loss.
Week 16: 28 PA, 24 RA..loss, why the hell would Gilbride still have Buffalo passing when Bledsoe's getting sacked left and right?..Newsflash moron!...don't pass!..hell, a bledsoe interception ended the game.
Week 17: 43 PA, 19 RA...with that ratio we were lucky it was only 31-0.

Anybody with half a brain can see what Gilbride did. look at those ratios, and STILL Henry had over 1300...imagine if this offense was run somewhat competently.

but, that was last year and there's nothing anyone can do about it...Gilbride is gone, all is good in the world. Mularkey's first year as OC in Pitt he had the #1 rushing offense with 2 crappy RB's..imagine what he can do with OH Henry :cool:

You proudly present these stats as if they prove something. In the games where the Bills had a fairly even pass-run ration, the Bills were 5-5. What the hell does that prove?

The games that were heavily pass, the Bills were 0-4. The games that were heavily run, the Bills were 2-0.

Could it be that the team fell behind in the games that were heavily pass and were forced to play catch up? Could it be that in the games that they ran alot, the Bills were ahead or the score was close? Could it be that the games they ran were played against teams that had a poor run defense?

Look, I never said coaching had nothing to do with it. I merely contested your claim that it was ALL COACHING PROBLEMS. If your actually believe that all of the Bills problems are solved by changing coaches, you are fooling yourself.

I watch Bills games, I saw Bledsoe look horrible even when he had time and receivers were open. I saw an OL that could not pass block, even though they had the threat of the run to keep the defense honest. I saw their 2nd WR (Josh Reed) look lost.

IMO, the Bills should have been an 8-8 team last year. They are a tough team to read because they appeared to underperform so badly. This year they have the chance to add 1 or 2 wins to that total. I can see them contending to make the playoffs, if coaching really played that big of a role. We will not know for sure until the games get played.

Bills fans should be very concerned about Bledsoe and the OL. If they come around, the team will be fine. If not, it will be a long year.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You proudly present these stats as if they prove something. In the games where the Bills had a fairly even pass-run ration, the Bills were 5-5. What the hell does that prove?

The games that were heavily pass, the Bills were 0-4. The games that were heavily run, the Bills were 2-0.

Could it be that the team fell behind in the games that were heavily pass and were forced to play catch up? Could it be that in the games that they ran alot, the Bills were ahead or the score was close? Could it be that the games they ran were played against teams that had a poor run defense?

Look, I never said coaching had nothing to do with it. I merely contested your claim that it was ALL COACHING PROBLEMS. If your actually believe that all of the Bills problems are solved by changing coaches, you are fooling yourself.

I watch Bills games, I saw Bledsoe look horrible even when he had time and receivers were open. I saw an OL that could not pass block, even though they had the threat of the run to keep the defense honest. I saw their 2nd WR (Josh Reed) look lost.

IMO, the Bills should have been an 8-8 team last year. They are a tough team to read because they appeared to underperform so badly. This year they have the chance to add 1 or 2 wins to that total. I can see them contending to make the playoffs, if coaching really played that big of a role. We will not know for sure until the games get played.

Bills fans should be very concerned about Bledsoe and the OL. If they come around, the team will be fine. If not, it will be a long year.

I think we overlooking one very important think here. No matter what happens, the fact still remains.............. :billsbite :D

pigskinguy said:
I think we overlooking one very important think here. No matter what happens, the fact still remains.............. :billsbite :D
A Canadian should be a CFL fan and you are an NFL fan. You also chose a team that has a tropical climate (considering where you're from) and is down south . You also don't know where the smack forum is............ thank the heavens for mapquest. I hope nobody has ever asked you for directions on how to get to Niagara falls. If anyone did...... well Mexico doesn't have one of the great wonders of the world but they have great burritos :D.

Justasportsfan said:
A Canadian should be a CFL fan and you are an NFL fan. You also chose a team that has a tropical climate (considering where you're from) and is down south . You also don't know where the smack forum is............ thank the heavens for mapquest. If I ever asked you for directions to get to Toronto I could end up in mexico.

The CFL is only good for passing time until September. And Justa, that wasn't smack.......that was fact. :D
BTW, someone a couple of weeks ago asked about Brad Banks and where w he was (I can't find the thread). Banks is in TC with the Ottawa Renegades of the CFL. He battling for back-up QB spot.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
NE is a good, but not great team. The parity in the NFL should be enough to convince anyone that all teams have a chance and quite a few have a good chance.

To those who think NE can't be stopped, I suggest looking at 2002. Same coaching staff, same core group of players, 9-7.

The difference between 9-7 teams and 14-2 teams is smaller than it has ever been. NE deserves to be the favorite, but not the prohibitive favorite.

VERY GOOD POINT!!!! :cool:

NE is good, but not an unbeatable dynasty.....

Back
Top Bottom