Supplamental draft - Bears draft Unga | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplamental draft - Bears draft Unga

It already took place, each team e-mailed their picks (if any) about 11 a.m. I believe. I looked up last years supplemental draft, the first results article I saw posted was at around 2:00 on the day of the draft.

I don't think it's a one-shot process like you're describing. They go round by round. I believe it's currently still going on, and the results are usually known almost immediately. PFT is the best place to keep checking.

Although Twitter has gotten so popular that honestly we may hear the results on Twitter even before PFT.

I hope we pick up Unga. Although I know there are many other teams vying for him, I'm interested to see where he lands.

I thought it was kind of a silent auction with a team submitting the round they'd take a player in if he was still available. Maybe they do draw it out round by round. That would allow a team to jump in late if a guy was starting to fall into value territory for them.

At any rate, although PFT said it began this morning, Jason LaCanfora said on NFL.com that it begins at 1pm, and that he should have the results on his twitter as they come in.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

Ah ok so PFT thought it started at 11am, it actually starts at 1pm.

But La Canfora confirmed what I was saying, that it goes round by round and that results are generally disseminated immediately.

I don't think it's a one-shot process like you're describing. They go round by round. I believe it's currently still going on, and the results are usually known almost immediately. PFT is the best place to keep checking.

"Also, it unfolds not with a slow walk to a podium but via e-mail, with teams submitting a list of players they'd like to pick and the round in which they want to pick them. The players are awarded based on a priority ranking driven largely by the manner in which the team's finished in the prior season." That's what PFT says, so who knows? They seem to be just throwing poo at the wall lately to see if it sticks.....

Right. I wasn't sure if they'd make us wait till close of business or not, so it's good to know we'll have the info pretty quickly after it goes down.

"Also, it unfolds not with a slow walk to a podium but via e-mail, with teams submitting a list of players they'd like to pick and the round in which they want to pick them. The players are awarded based on a priority ranking driven largely by the manner in which the team's finished in the prior season." That's what PFT says, so who knows? They seem to be just throwing poo at the wall lately to see if it sticks.....

Either PFT is not quite implying what you think they are implying, or they are wrong, either way it is done round by round.

That's how I remembered it from a few years ago--that it was an "instant" process because each player (and there are never very many) goes to the team that submitted the highest pick, hence, no need to go round by round. But I got this info second hand, and wouldn't stake my life on it.

I remember last year or the year before that we were actually getting the results round by round. As in, the 1st round would pass and PFT would put an update up that says "The 1st round is done and nobody has submitted any picks." and then the 2nd round would pass, etc. Jason La Canfora just confirmed that it is done round by round.

Back
Top Bottom