Supplamental draft - Bears draft Unga | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplamental draft - Bears draft Unga

One big reason not to do it would be Lex Hilliard. There's no way you carry both Lex Hilliard and Harvey Unga in 2010. I think Unga is a better prospect than Hilliard but is he enough better to make up for the uncertainty factor? Hilliard has taken NFL carries and has multiple years in an NFL training program. Just saying.

I would love to be able to have some way to keep both guys around the team until the 18 game season and expanded roster, and when Miami will lose probably Ronnie Brown next year...but how do you keep both? Hilliard can't go on the practice squad. If you draft Unga in the 5th, he probably can't either.

5th round done, nobody taken. Down to 6th and 7th rounds. If Unga goes UDFA then he's a practice squad candidate.

Price-Brent could also come off the board somewhere around here of the 6th round.

If he lasted until the 7th and we grabbed him, it would give us an extra year to work with him as he soaks up Nolan's defense. We don't need him to start. Depends what they see as to his potential, though.

One big reason not to do it would be Lex Hilliard. There's no way you carry both Lex Hilliard and Harvey Unga in 2010. I think Unga is a better prospect than Hilliard but is he enough better to make up for the uncertainty factor? Hilliard has taken NFL carries and has multiple years in an NFL training program. Just saying.

I would love to be able to have some way to keep both guys around the team until the 18 game season and expanded roster, and when Miami will lose probably Ronnie Brown next year...but how do you keep both? Hilliard can't go on the practice squad. If you draft Unga in the 5th, he probably can't either.

Make Cobbs your fifth WR, just saying he was awesome in 08 at WR.

You know..if teams are not willling to give up a 5th rounder for him..they must not be that impressed

Price Brent is not very strong and had very ordinary 40 yard dash times. Even his numbers on the field aren't real impressive and he has character issues on top of it

Back
Top Bottom