Supplamental draft - Bears draft Unga | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplamental draft - Bears draft Unga

harveys draft value has gone unga way unga...

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

And in the 7th round of the Supplemental Draft, Jeff Ireland has selected.....A4. Hostess Cherry Pie. $1.25.

ha ha...that's awesome

Were we so interested that we don't even want to give a 7th?

Technically speaking the Bears picked one slot ahead of the Dolphins so we don't know if the Dolphins submitted a pick for Unga in the 7th.

But I doubt they did.

Well, that's it for this year's Supplemental Draft. You've been a great audience, please tip your waitresses, and have a great rest of your day!

Were we so interested that we don't even want to give a 7th?
Bears picked #12 and the Dolphins picked #13. If Miami wanted him in the 7th, there was no way they could have got him. It is possible Miami put a claim in and lost out by just one spot.

I think the really hard question is whether Unga is better than the squad of halfbacks we already have. If we already know he is not physically superior to any of our current guys, then why bother burning a draft pick on him? If he had gone undrafted, I could see testing him out.

Evidently, he was not going to displace anyone.

On to the business at hand... continue building a team that can demolish the rest of the AFC East.

Well technically there's no business at hand and they just sent a signal that they think they've already built what they need to build.

Well technically there's no business at hand and they just sent a signal that they think they've already built what they need to build.

at least at HB

oh god chris clemons I hope you're the answer at FS...

I'd put our defense in the category of "under construction." New players, new coordinator, old players shown the door one way or the other. That whole thing has to gel by September or we're going to look like the '86 Dolphins again. On the plus side I take from our non-participation in the draft today a positive sign towards how they feel about our RB depth.

Don't sleep on Tyrone Culver. Very solid DB for us last year. By no means was he a reason we gave up big plays.

Don't sleep on Tyrone Culver. Very solid DB for us last year. By no means was he a reason we gave up big plays.

Good point - I always forget about him. But personally I feel much more comfortable with him back there compared to Clemons. At this point. We'll see how much Clemons has improved come training camp. Those camp reports can't get here soon enough...almost gives me a reason to wake up every morning! :)

I really didn't figure we'd give up any of our picks for the only two prospects out there. We're pretty set with players at both RB and WR. They'd be nothing more than prospects at this point and possibly practice squad guys. They may have hoped for them to go undrafted to take a chance on, but not to give up draft picks for when there's no huge need at either spot.

Back
Top Bottom