Sure Fire Fix For The Offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sure Fire Fix For The Offense

Most mocks that I'm seeing have 4 QBs going in the top 10. I've stated that we should get a QB in round 1 for many reasons. If the QB we like is gone I would love to see the FO get as serious about the offense as they were about the defense last year. We can turn this around and turn a weakness into a strength.

Rond 1-Q. Nelson, G, Notre Dame. Finally, a hulking killer at LG, right next to Tunsil. The left side would would be a force. Forget finesse, let's knock people on their *****!
Round 2-C/G Billy Price, Ohio State- I was begging for Pat Elflien last year but for some reason the FO thought they could win with journey men on the 0-line. That didn;t work out at all. This kid is a plug and play RG and Pouncey's replacement when he's finally finished, with that hip, it could happen any time.
Round 3- TE-T. Fumagalli, Wis- We need a TE who can move the chains, be a safety blanket for RT, block and be a legit seam threat. I love watching this kid play. I see a Whitten kind of athlete who catches literally everything thrown in his direction. In my book, this is a big piece of what the offense lacked last season. The question is, will he be gone, I hope not, watch the Pats draft the kid!!!!!!!!!!!
Round 4-N. Chubb-RB, Georgia-a great steal in the 4th imo. This kid is a perfect complimentary back to pair with Drake.
Round 5-D Goedert-TE, S. Dakota St.-That's right!!!, double up on TE, that's how important the position is, just ask the Pats. 2 star rookie TEs inserted into this line up will be a game changer. We can do all kinds of 2 TE sets etc
In 6 and 7 get a QB, maybe Jake Browning, he had a big career and finished 6th in the Heisman voting. Maybe Gase could groom this kid into a quality back up or who knows.
There's a kid on UCLA, LBer Kenny Young, he's a good player on a crummy defense, he has leadership qualities.

So how does all this better our offense? I'm glad you asked.

QB-R Tannehill/ J Browing
RB-Drake, Chubb, Williams
WR-Landry, Stills, Parker
TE-T Fumagalli, D Goedert, Fasano
LT-Tunsil
LG-Q. Nelson
C-Pouncey
RG-B. Price
RT-J. James or J. Davis

The improvments on the o-line and TE will make this an offense that is tough to stop on the ground. That means we come out in the 1st quarter and assert dominance from the beginning. We power it with Drake and Chubb and then it's play action time! This team is starving for talent on the o-line and TE. I believe that a draft something like this turns those weaknesses into a strength. I'd trade all our picks for Fumagelli, Nelson and Price, these 3 guys make us a much more potent offense, exciting to watch and hard to stop.

The D is pretty stacked with young talent and some real quality young talent coming back from injury. Let's stock the offense the same way and at the same time, keep RT healthy. Our Coach has mad skills on the offensive side of things. Let's build a potent offense for him. Then let's see how he does as a play caller. I suspect he'll kick **!
Yes that would help the offense but I highly doubt you can get al those guys in those rounds. Nelson might not even make it past 9. Price I've seen on mocks going late first round or early 2nd. But he could still be there at 42 I suppose. Fumagalli could be there at 73 but Goedert is going in the 2nd round at the lastest.
Chubb should go no later than the 3rd round so it looks nice but wishful thinking imo

Ozzy rules!!

Billy Price is not making it to the second round. I hope you’re right though.

Nothing is sure fire in the NFL. We have a habit of boxing ourselves into a corner. Reaching for James, and overpaying for freeagent, our own or other teams.

Yes. Too many exceptions. We butcher the big picture long term upside when we rely on exceptions: "Ju'Waun James may not be ideal first round value but he's a nice player at a position of need so let's take him."

Can't do that. I remember posting at the time that we are losing ground to the league with that type of choice.

Recently we over value our own guys in free agency. That needs to halt. I remember when I flew out to USC I quickly didn't care anymore about Miami girls. The ones out here look okay also.

Yes. Too many exceptions. We butcher the big picture long term upside when we rely on exceptions: "Ju'Waun James may not be ideal first round value but he's a nice player at a position of need so let's take him."

Can't do that. I remember posting at the time that we are losing ground to the league with that type of choice.

Recently we over value our own guys in free agency. That needs to halt. I remember when I flew out to USC I quickly didn't care anymore about Miami girls. The ones out here look okay also.
Agree here give me the BPA, now that mean Nelson depending on the board, but I have 4-5 definite defenders before O Brownor Q Nelson.

Browning is a junior and given he is likely a low pick, probably coming back for his senior year.

I'd like to see LB, DE, TE, RB, and S (no order) with the first five picks in the first four rounds.

The OL improved quite a bit down the stretch last season. I'm good with adding a couple of mid tier vets and hoping for progression. Fix the defense. Teams with **** offenses and elite defenses are still playing.

They've been doing that for the past couple of decades.

Time to put a 1st or 2nd in the OG column. I'm tired of the OL crippling this team.

The offense is what killed the Dolphins last season. We all know RT went down but even with the return of RT the interior of the o-line needs new parts that can match up with the AFC East. Ted Larsen should be first guy off the bench, not the starter. The Tight End position is killing the Dolphins. We never have a TE worth a crap and we're facing Gronk, Whitten and all the great TEs on other teams. FIND A STUD TE and FIND SOMEONE THAT CAN COVER THE OTHER TEAMS TE. Until we repair the o-line with guys that can play and find a TE we will continue to go backwards.

I appreciate the thought behind this scenario, but I'm all in on the best defensive talent on the board in round one.

Second round, if there's a plug and play starter that you think has All-Pro future potential there at C or G? Yeah, get him. Cole or Price are very highly regarded, I'm OK with going after one of these players in the second round.

But if Derwin James is on the board at 11 and we draft corn, we're all going to lose our minds here. Honestly, even though I think Roquan Smith showed some deficiencies in the championship game, I'd still much rather have him at 11 than another OL.
I'd take Brown over Smith...exactly what this line needs. A big lineman who can actually move ppl.

Billy Price is not making it to the second round. I hope you’re right though.
Your not wrong, cause if he does I don't think he'll make it out the top 10 picks in the second anyway. Good linemen are always taken higher. Always.

I also was begging for elflein last year and I also really want billy price. Sadly I think elflein was the better prospect but I'm no O-line expert.

That would be an amazing draft.

Defense was unnecessarily compromised by our offense's inability to at least buy the defense some recuperation time.

I don't see it as likely, but we can dream.

Fix the D all you want but if we only average 16 points a game we’re still treading water.

Back
Top Bottom