Sydney Rice: Potential UFA and WR Upgrade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sydney Rice: Potential UFA and WR Upgrade

That addition of Rice would make this a real good WR group. I would be very happy with that mock draft that the OP said. It would provide this team a real good starting lineup.

Marshall ran like a 4.7 on his pro day, Rice runs a 4.5. That's a bit faster than Hartline if I'm remembering right.

From what I've seen of Rice, he is a good player but seems like a lesser version of Brandon Marshall. We definitely need speed and Sidney rice does not qualify as a speedster.

Draft J. Jernigan of Troy in Round 3, then we will have our speedy WR, Punt and Kickoff Returner.

I think what we need is a speed guy (one that can catch and run routes though....i.e not a Ginn) rather than another physical type WR. Rice is a great player, but I do not see the point in throwing that kind of money at a position that is not really an area of need. If we are going to spend big in FA it should be on an interior lineman or two and maybe even a QB to compete with Henne.

i would rather pick one up in the draft with 3.3 speed and good return skills.save allot of cash
i would target o line and te in fa .then draft heavy offense

i would rather pick one up in the draft with 3.3 speed and good return skills.save allot of cash
i would target o line and te in fa .then draft heavy offense

wow 3.3 speed draft him now the fastest man in the world

Marshall ran like a 4.7 on his pro day, Rice runs a 4.5. That's a bit faster than Hartline if I'm remembering right.

After running a 4.52 at the Combine, Marshall didn't run the 40 at his pro day. He only ran the 20-yard shuttle and 3-cone drills.

Wanted to draft the guy, instead we used a top 10 pick on Ted Ginn in the same draft. Glad that worked out well.

i take it you guys have forgotten that the vikes are gonna lose brett favres $15 mil salary this offseason...in other words they can tag greenway while they work out a long term contract and still have money to sign sidney rice long term...

i wouldn't be surprised if pat williams hung em up either and his money came off the vikes payroll...

i take it you guys have forgotten that the vikes are gonna lose brett favres $15 mil salary this offseason...in other words they can tag greenway while they work out a long term contract and still have money to sign sidney rice long term...

i wouldn't be surprised if pat williams hung em up either and his money came off the vikes payroll...

That is true but they have alot of FA's this year, they are already expected to lose Tavaris Jackson, Ray Edwards and Ben Leber with the possibility of losing Ryan Longwell and other backups who get plenty of playing time. They will also need to sign some big names next year, just of the top of my head are Adrian Peterson, EJ Henderson and Visanthe Shiencoe.

I am guessing their FO is hoping for the same outcome of the CBA that our is with Soliai and that is being that they have only played in the NFL for 4 years they will still be considered RFA's.

That is true but they have alot of FA's this year, they are already expected to lose Tavaris Jackson, Ray Edwards and Ben Leber with the possibility of losing Ryan Longwell and other backups who get plenty of playing time. They will also need to sign some big names next year, just of the top of my head are Adrian Peterson, EJ Henderson and Visanthe Shiencoe.

I am guessing their FO is hoping for the same outcome of the CBA that our is with Soliai and that is being that they have only played in the NFL for 4 years they will still be considered RFA's.

that would be my guess...henderson though i don't see being a priority for them...kid stays hurt and i'm talking major injuries...too much risk to give him big money

Back
Top Bottom