T.J. McDonald signs 4 year extension | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.J. McDonald signs 4 year extension

I love it. Physical and a tone setter and that contract seem almost Patriot-like. Great value IMHO.

As far as a 4-2-5 base defense, I'm a big advocate of that if you've got the right personnel. I don't think Miami is going that way, though.

I don't believe in pay before play...just my philosophy!

I wonder how Roger Goodell feels about this lol. He doesn't get this contract if he's not suspended. He's supposed to be punished for his DUI and yet?LOL

I'm not following. If he's not suspended he would have signed for a much better than the one year deal he got during free agency and likely more than what he got from the extension. It seems like 4 years $24 is below market value for a safety of his caliber.

I love it. Physical and a tone setter and that contract seem almost Patriot-like. Great value IMHO.

As far as a 4-2-5 base defense, I'm a big advocate of that if you've got the right personnel. I don't think Miami is going that way, though.

Having charted our defensive personnel last year I can assure you we are b/c it's based off of what offenses dictate.

For example wk1 vs Seattle we played nickel 73% of the time. Wk 2 vs NE we played nickel 60% and even going into wk 14 vs Arizona with a depleted back 7 we still played nickel 72% of the time.

FYI. Most of the league does not play three safeties with a husky or hybrid most of the time. It'd be a unique look. Nickel and dime packages are a completely different animal, and not at all what's been proposed.

I'm not following. If he's not suspended he would have signed for a much better than the one year deal he got during free agency and likely more than what he got from the extension. It seems like 4 years $24 is below market value for a safety of his caliber.

I didn't realize he was an UFA I thought the Rams had cut him but still nobody knows what he would have gotten -- to be honest. He still got a 4 year extension while being suspended you don't follow how that could annoy Goodell? Okay then

Back
Top Bottom