Tackles in the Draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tackles in the Draft?

A couple more OT's to consider:
Greg Robinson, Auburn (underclassman)
Morgan Moses, Virginia
Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M (underclassman)
Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State

Those guys are more late 1st-2nd round consideration tho, but if we went TE in the first some may be available. I think if Robinson declares he'll climb into the top 15.

Erving from FSU is a great fit.

Small school player to keep an eye on also is NDSU OT Billy Turner. Projects to be more a day three guy at the moment but I think he'll do very well at the combine and could end up being picked on day two. At least, IMO.

Erving from FSU is a great fit.

Small school player to keep an eye on also is NDSU OT Billy Turner. Projects to be more a day three guy at the moment but I think he'll do very well at the combine and could end up being picked on day two. At least, IMO.

Ya I referenced turner as a guy who's being overlooked, big fan. Definitely gonna do some more research on Erving cause he's a very realistic option.

Lewan's a player, but I'm not high on him because of character concerns.

no question about it. We have our franchise QB, unless we want him ending up like David Carr, we must get him protected. Carr was sacked 50+ times and now is out of the NFL, but being tried out by the Cowboys. Yes we need some playmakers, but with Gibson coming back I think our WR corps is just fine. We need to protect Tannehill, and we need the OL to do it. Definitely gotta draft an OT and OG pretty early in this draft unless we make a move for Albert or the OG from the Saints.

:bobdole: Probably because not all of us panic just because a FA signing played WAY below what anybody expected and a 2nd year player (who you were probably happy we used a high pick on) apparently had mental issues. What's funny is that despite the sacks, we're still playing far better than we did for the vast majority of the time Capt. Cornfed was here. Why? Playmakers. I'll take more of those please!
just think how this offense would look if we still had reggie and keller didnt get hurt :)

yeah i want to fix the line and I think we need a 1st round lineman, but i would still be looking for a trade or FA (once again I dont think we need to pay any OLineman more than 5 mil...), I think we need to know what kind of olineman we want...do we want road graters or do we want faster athletic linemen that can pull and "zone block"...I also think we need to move pouncy to guard where his pulling ability would be maximized and we could get an actual center who doesnt have to look before he snaps the ball.

The biggest thing we need to figure out is what do we want the line to look and act like...

James Hurst of UNC had a serious leg injury in his bowl game. He broke his leg. Tough news for the kid who's run up to the draft will be ruined. Plus teams will likely be scared of the effect on him. Hurst was a 5 star recruit out of the Indianapolis area who had offers from all over and went to Carolina. He started all along, beginning as a freshman for the Tar Heels.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-updates-on-north-carolina-ots-leg-and-return

James Hurst of UNC had a serious leg injury in his bowl game. He broke his leg. Tough news for the kid who's run up to the draft will be ruined. Plus teams will likely be scared of the effect on him. Hurst was a 5 star recruit out of the Indianapolis area who had offers from all over and went to Carolina. He started all along, beginning as a freshman for the Tar Heels.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-updates-on-north-carolina-ots-leg-and-return

Would be a great guy to grab in the 5-7 rounds, if he falls that far over injury. Nice player.

I think the depth in this draft is good for Tackle's based on what I am seeing so far. I think its possible we could resign Mckinney, get a stud TE first, and then T/G. Some Good G's might fall to 2nd round where we pick.

Any thoughts on Steen Slim?

I read he rarely makes mistakes and seems reall solid in that supposed ZBS in Bama.
Jeff Ireland draft a stud mismatch TE? Surely you jest......

Anyone that watched the Sugar Bowl tonight should be able to see why I say that I wouldn't take Kouandjio with a top 20 pick, and why I believe Auburn's Greg Robinson is a better player.

Kouandjio looked a lot more like a 3-Star frosh tonight than a 1st round pick. He's not ready for the NFL.

Anyone that watched the Sugar Bowl tonight should be able to see why I say that I wouldn't take Kouandjio with a top 20 pick, and why I believe Auburn's Greg Robinson is a better player.

Kouandjio looked a lot more like a 3-Star frosh tonight than a 1st round pick. He's not ready for the NFL.

Oklahoma was making a fool of that entire line.

Back
Top Bottom