Tankersley... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankersley...

How could you possibly be surprised?? Have you considered the source?

giphy.gif

I've maintained from the get-go that I don't think Tankersley is a viable NFL starter. Has nothing to do with negativity. It has to do with my initial evaluation of him as a prospect.

Last edited:
FWIW...

CB Cordrea Tankersley, Miami Dolphins – 88.8 overall grade – snaps: 55
Tankersley made it onto the field to start the second quarter and played the rest of the game, leading all cornerbacks with 55 snaps this week. During those 55 snaps, the Clemson product compiled the second highest overall grade among corners last week (trailing just Brandon Williams from Arizona who graded at 90.0) to go with an equally as impressive 88.6 coverage grade. Tankersley was targeted in coverage three times and he allowed just one reception – for a total of five yards – while picking off a pass.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-non-first-round-rookie-review-preseason-week-2

Brandon Williams is the worst corner on that zona roster so take these in perspective.

That said tanks looked solid vs 2s

He was great in college, great in HS, so his chances are pretty good to be great in the NFL.

Yeah....ummmm......many times that's not the way it works. The NFL scrapyard is full of supposedly "can't miss" great college players who missed.

Last edited:
Honestly we might as well just trade Maxwell for a 7th or a swap in the 7th who cares, just get his $8.5M cap number off the roster and start Tankersley...see how much promise this kid has and we'll get a good idea whether he can man the other side opposite Howard going forward or if we need to spend money or a high pick on a corner in 2018.

Honestly we might as well just trade Maxwell for a 7th or a swap in the 7th who cares, just get his $8.5M cap number off the roster and start Tankersley...see how much promise this kid has and we'll get a good idea whether he can man the other side opposite Howard going forward or if we need to spend money or a high pick on a corner in 2018.

I agree to the extent of getting rid of Maxwell, but I've always seen Tankersley as a developmental CB and not sure we'll know who is after one season despite being thrust into action.

I would definitely keep Maxwell this year. I will wait maybe 2 or 3 "REGULAR Season" games before calling for his head!

He was a 6 year career to evaluate. Not like he's hiding any potential.

He started slow last year, was able to shut down Antonio Brown and played at a very high level before he got injured. In Seattle he was very good. Don't even give me that Richard Sherman excuse. Maybe he has some type of Eagles curse. He is very bad playing for the Eagles and against the Eagles. :-)

Tank has been solid, he really looks the part of a press corner. That being said, no way in hell would I even think about cutting Maxwell this year.

He started slow last year, was able to shut down Antonio Brown and played at a very high level before he got injured. In Seattle he was very good. Don't even give me that Richard Sherman excuse. Maybe he has some type of Eagles curse. He is very bad playing for the Eagles and against the Eagles. :)

He did not shut don't AB nor did he shadow him. Our defensive coverage overall was solid against him but Roethlisbrger was also dinged up pretty well, too.

Very good with the Seahawks? He struggled mightily for the first 3 years and never started for them until his final forth year there and they let him go that following season.

Tank has been solid, he really looks the part of a press corner. That being said, no way in hell would I even think about cutting Maxwell this year.
What about when the Week 1 depth chart comes out showing he's been benched (again) for Verner lol

All the better because someone is bound to get dinged up throughout the year. I like those three and McCain as the 4th. Tank can focus on developing and playing special teams.

Back
Top Bottom