Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

If Philbin benches Tannehill then he just wrote himself a pink slip.

Philbin isn't that stupid

The only way Moore will play is if Tannehill gets injured lol

exactly...provided he actually comes back with that large cap number...i'd take that $5 mil and put it elsewhere in a nanosecond

This is a make or break season for Philbin. He is not going to drag a QB controversy going into the season. Tannehill is our QB for the 2014 season, deal with it. This article is nonsense.

In fact moore I s not starting anywhere unless someone is injured someowhere

In fact moore I s not starting anywhere unless someone is injured someowhere

matt moore is a backup for lifer...anyone who brings him in does so with a short term mindset as a bridge the gap guy if he starts for em...just what he is...he's labeled himself with his play etc...he goes somewhere to start that teams drafting a qb high or having a separate plan that doesnt involve matt moore carrying em...he's not that good to begin with...the one true strength is the vertical accuracy...everything else is pretty much suspect

really just a waste of time to entertain this...i guess it's what you call offseason filler

This is a make or break season for Philbin. He is not going to drag a QB controversy going into the season. Tannehill is our QB for the 2014 season, deal with it. This article is nonsense.

that might be what keeps moore around if he does come back...unless philbin feels devlin can handle things in the event of a tannehill injury...philbins got to win this year...not that moore could really help that...he's just not a complete unknown like devlin is...and philbins a stickler for what he's familiar with...will say a lot to me if they do cut moore about how they feel devlin can handle things if called upon

Lol. I saw this on twitter just now. I had to log in to see the homers go crazy. Then I see the pretend personell guy who has no clue at all about tannehills play has the second post! Classic!

On another note, why the hell would failbin play Moore?? If tannehill doesn't improve, he is not going to pretend Moore is his franchise qb is he??

matt moore is a backup for lifer...anyone who brings him in does so with a short term mindset as a bridge the gap guy if he starts for em...just what he is...he's labeled himself with his play etc...he goes somewhere to start that teams drafting a qb high or having a separate plan that doesnt involve matt moore carrying em...he's not that good to begin with...the one true strength is the vertical accuracy...everything else is pretty much suspect

really just a waste of time to entertain this...i guess it's what you call offseason filler

Your description of Moore is really fair and it points to why I think he would be a better fit as our starter than Tannehill. If we get a real rushing attack by drafting and signing some good players at OL and RB, Moore starting would benefit this team more than Tannehill. If we base our offense on running the ball and play action, Moore throws a much better deep ball and can take advantage of having Mike Wallace out there. If my team is running the ball well and getting some good play action looks, Id rather they pay off in the form of 50 yard bombs to Wallace and Hartline as opposed to 12 yard outs to the WRs and 8 yard hook ups to the TE.

What a load of crap. Typical JLC hatchet job. The more likely scenario is the training wheels come off next year. Phibin hitched his wagon to Tannehill the moment he named him the starter in both of their rookie seasons. He now knows that he probably needs to make the playoffs in 2014 to keep his job and he will either earn an extension or go out on his sword. New OC is a great start, now get the kid some protection, some sort of rushing attack and let him play. If he succeeds then we can all enjoy it. If he ****s the bed then it's time to move on and those invested in his failure can all say "look at me, I told you so." I think with even a modest fix of the O-line and better play calling Tannehill lights it up in 2014.

What a load of crap. Typical JLC hatchet job. The more likely scenario is the training wheels come off next year. Phibin hitched his wagon to Tannehill the moment he named him the starter in both of their rookie seasons. He now knows that he probably needs to make the playoffs in 2014 to keep his job and he will either earn an extension or go out on his sword. New OC is a great start, now get the kid some protection, some sort of rushing attack and let him play. If he succeeds then we can all enjoy it. If he ****s the bed then it's time to move on and those invested in his failure can all say "look at me, I told you so." I think with even a modest fix of the O-line and better play calling Tannehill lights it up in 2014.
Funny you should use those words:

http://www.finheaven.com/poll.php?pollid=5159&do=showresults

I think people are too obsessed with the QB position. Not every team is going to have a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady. Look at the Seahawks. Wilson is good, but he's far from elite, yet they basically dominated all year. Why? Because they draft well, and they have a great defense and running game. Do we have that? No. But people still want to be overly concerned with Tannehill, and even Moore. This whole article is stupid, which is why I can't stand La Canfora is dumb ****ing assumptions and opinions that always end up untrue. This team is bottom in the league in key spots like run defense, running the ball, passing, turnovers, and yet we want to keep focusing on a position where we have a good young QB, a solid back up QB in Moore (who we take for granted), and Devlin who isn't the worst 3rd string QB in the world.

Back
Top Bottom