Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

you guys abandoned the run game way too quickly. you could run it. Your main RB averaged 4.0 YPC which is good. You just abandoned the run game way too quickly. If you ran more I think you make the playoffs.
And while that may be true, there is no evidence that Ryan Tannehill played any better when the running game was used more, nor when it performed better.

You made a thread about a month ago that, based on your stats, our OL was significantly below average and correlated with our poor performances. Don't ask me to reference the thread cause you make so many, but I just remember everyone sarcastically telling you "wow you finally understand what we've all been saying all season long".
You're talking, I think, about the thread in which I posted PFF's attribution of blame for the team's sacks to the line or to the QB.

However, the reliability of that data is questionable, in my opinion, because it involves PFF's going beyond the descriptive and into the realm of the explanatory. Their data is best used when it stays at the descriptive level in my opinion, i.e., how often a quarterback was pressured, or how many times he threw downfield 20+ yards, for example. When they start trying to explain who was to blame for what, I think we run into the question of whether they have sufficient information and/or expertise to make that call.

Do you also have an explanation for our lack of running game? You know, like maybe, an ineffective OL?

the #'s will never suggest this but 7 man fronts like we faced and mike wallace on the field should be field days for running games...unless the oline sucks

don't even get me into short yardage loaded boxes where we went back in the backfield to the back with the ball...that was like hitting a stone wall...again the oline play being the elephant in the room...and this doesnt account for the 58 sacks to lead the damn league

our situational oline play was pretty much terrible for most of the season...

the #'s will never suggest this but 7 man fronts like we faced and mike wallace on the field should be field days for running games...unless the oline sucks

don't even get me into short yardage loaded boxes where we went back in the backfield to the back with the ball...that was like hitting a stone wall...again the oline play being the elephant in the room...and this doesnt account for the 58 sacks to lead the damn league

Not to mention the quick pass pressure from only 4 rushers...... things the stats weenies will never understand.

so we led the league in sacks given up, but but but... we were average in per attempt sacks? hmmm. an average line should've produced an average running and passing game. Guess If we had mark buttfumble our defense could've gotten us to the championship game.

Not to mention the quick pass pressure from only 4 rushers...... things the stats weenies will never understand.

shoot...you can find quick edge rush pressure from bringing 3 and dropping 8 with our front if you look...and that's never suppose to happen

shoot...you can find quick edge rush pressure from bringing 3 and dropping 8 with our front if you look...and that's never suppose to happen
They did a 3 rush with us going max protect and still got a sack. un****ing believable how bad this line was at even max protect levels.

so we led the league in sacks given up, but but but... we were average in per attempt sacks? hmmm. an average line should've produced an average running and passing game. Guess If we had mark buttfumble our defense could've gotten us to the championship game.

Mark on Miami and you are a playoff team. Your OL troubles were vastly overrated, w/ the D you had and the weapons on O there's no reason you shouldn't have made the playoffs.

They did a 3 rush with us going max protect and still got a sack. un****ing believable how bad this line was at even max protect levels.

yeah clabo barely got out of his stance on one of those vs the falcons as i recall...and it wasn't the only one...teams want to get home with 4 and drop 7 and we had plenty of problems with that even but if you can rush 3 and drop 8 well you as an offense are screwed

and the example provided here also shows that you couldn't allow for routes to develop down the field off anything other than max protect play action...we tried a 3 step catcn the d getting nosy on the under route and on the qb drop throw a vertical on the double move and we couldn't even set up to throw the ball off the first move...and that was one of the games we actually won...story of our season

eye sore oline play...pass pro run game you name it...and the staff knows it...thus the complete overhaul talk from all the candidates who interviewed for the gm gig ...

Moronic is more like it.

Moronic is touting a website where you think they are bashing the OL when in reality they tore apart that excuse then ignoring it.

for me I don't need PFF or any site to tell me Miami's OL was not bad but you need that, they say it was mid of the pack and you continue to ignore while falsely proclaiming they bashed your OL.

Mark on Miami and you are a playoff team. Your OL troubles were vastly overrated, w/ the D you had and the weapons on O there's no reason you shouldn't have made the playoffs.

mark wouldnt have even picked up on the clean edge rush blitzers and accounted for em let alone been allowed to be let down by the accounted for protection player blowing the assignment...

:lol:

mark wouldnt have even picked up on the clean edge rush blitzers and accounted for em let alone been allowed to be let down by the accounted for protection player blowing the assignment...

:lol:

it's amazing how Ryan gets no blame

Back
Top Bottom