Tannehill on the sidelines | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on the sidelines

Gase didn't let cutler play in the first half. He called that half like he didn't want the qb to beat us. Frankly.

Safe throws safe calls.

With Ajayi setting the run tone 1 on 1s were there to be had and we came out in the second half and went after them.

We played it conservative on the last fg drive too. Gase doesn't want cutler to beat him. Seems pretty obvious.

Next week should be able to do some more things

I thought it was a great sign for the team to have him on the sidelines. Speaks volumes to Tannehill's character and culture of franchise too.
Character?

Miami is paying him over $1.1 million a game. Not only should he be on the sidelines during games he should be picking up jockstraps and mopping the locker room floor after the game.

I thought Tannehill was more impressive last year than what we saw from Cutler today. I know it's just one game, but Cutler wasn't wowing me with his play. He played solid, but it certainly wasn't like the game Tanehill had last year vs the Chargers where he was throwing absolute lasers down the field under heavy pressure.

Not fair to Cutler to compare a career Dolphin to him after one week on the road.

Character?

Miami is paying him over $1.1 million a game. Not only should he be on the sidelines during games he should be picking up jockstraps and mopping the locker room floor after the game.

a0551259065_10.jpg

For now, this is still RTs team, but if Cutler reels off 10 wins with this schedule, there will be some discussions.

Tannehill can't take a hint, dude has to put himself in the middle of everything.

I can't wait to see his stupid mug on another team's sideline. Is there a more unnatural person? Everything he does looks awkward, that includes running.

We just need Ross to wise up and let go of his pet.

Tannehill can't take a hint, dude has to put himself in the middle of everything.

I can't wait to see his stupid mug on another team's sideline. Is there a more unnatural person? Everything he does looks awkward, that includes running.

Hey junc, long time no see! You good?

I hope he is noticing how Cutler moves in the pocket and how effective pushing the ball deep is working to open up the run game. Sometimes a guy who is always the starter can benefit from a little time watching.

Wait... the run game wasnt open last year? Did you not watch Ajayi? Tannehill was like top 3 in the league in deep balls last year wasnt he? He is just more efficent than throwing an "eff it 50/50 ball"

When those throws start to become int's people will turn on cutler.

Cutler played fine and the first half we could have been in the Double Wing, it was so conservative. However, I saw nothing that made me think, wow I wish Tannehill would do that. The TD to Stills was a really nice play with him adjusting in the pocket and making a good throw. I don't understand the "learn from that Tannehill" thought though...

At some point people are going to have to understand they play differently.

Both QB's will get you similar production, but will go about and achieve that production differently through their style of play.

Nothing Jay did yesterday came anything close to Tannehill's TD to Stills against the Chargers last year. That pass was as an elite of pass as you will ever see in the NFL.

Nothing Jay did yesterday came anything close to Tannehill's TD to Stills against the Chargers last year. That pass was as an elite of pass as you will ever see in the NFL.
You can find thos types of passes for every quarterback.

Lmao you know, I've kind of missed the trolls. But then again, no I haven't.

You can find thos types of passes for every quarterback.

I'll disagree with that one. The list of quarterbacks who have the arm talent to make that specific throw is rare. Maybe five or six guys playing right now in the NFL can make that throw. Sixty yards in the air across the field, while rolling out to his right and throwing back to his left? You think you're going to find that for every quarterback? What games are you watching?

That's why even when Tannehill was struggling badly in 2013 a lot of us said it would be foolish to give up on him without a good plan. You don't find guys with talent like that just anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom