Tannehill on the sidelines | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on the sidelines

Tannehill can't take a hint, dude has to put himself in the middle of everything.

I can't wait to see his stupid mug on another team's sideline. Is there a more unnatural person? Everything he does looks awkward, that includes running.

We just need Ross to wise up and let go of his pet.

Get real WV

And considering it was our first game against a team who already had their first regular season game. Beginning next week the offense will pick it up.

Maybe. The Jets defense is still their best asset. I assume they'll be fired up to play a home game so the pressure is on Cutler and crew to start well.

I'll disagree with that one. The list of quarterbacks who have the arm talent to make that specific throw is rare. Maybe five or six guys playing right now in the NFL can make that throw. Sixty yards in the air across the field, while rolling out to his right and throwing back to his left? You think you're going to find that for every quarterback? What games are you watching?

That's why even when Tannehill was struggling badly in 2013 a lot of us said it would be foolish to give up on him without a good plan. You don't find guys with talent like that just anywhere.

My point is it's not like he was making that specific throw every week. That was one of the best throws he ever made but it was also not a throw he tries and/or hits a lot. An NFL quarterback can occasionally make a throw like that. Many have. My point is that saying "Jay didn't make a single throw like that in the game against San Diego" is a poor argument because it's comparing the best throw of Tannehill's career (arguably) to a single Cutler game in Miami.

Hell, Trevor Siemian had a throw yesterday where I thought to myself "damn, that's impressive" but it doesn't make him a great quarterback for making that throw.

Back
Top Bottom