Tannehill, others trying to get Matt Moore to stay in Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, others trying to get Matt Moore to stay in Miami

wow, what a kick in the pants to weeden. so they must be talking backup? I thought the point was to start somewhere. then again, new regime in cleveland.
cleveland seems to be talking about all qbs

If Miami is offering a decent contract to be a back up, he should stay here. The guy is not a good starter, but a great back up. If he goes elsewhere and tries to start and flops....he could be out of the league because of how it is. If he decides now that he can have a longer career as a back up, he will do well.

Someone will give him a legit chance to compete for a starting spot. He will go. So would any competitive NFL player or almost any of us under the same situation. We would love to have him here as a backup, and if the game of musical chairs doesn't work out and his options are to be a backup somewhere, I'd say we have a good chance to keep him, but it is highly doubtful that nobody lets him compete to be a starter. Moore has been classy andI wish him the best.

Ideally we would have Moore or another good teaching veteran as a backup who also helps Tannehill develop. Unfortunately, those types of veterans don't appear to be on the market this year. The veterans are either looking for a starting spot or not the cerebral mentoring types. So, I think we'll end up going with Devlin as the backup and rely even more heavily on the coaching staff to help both of them progress.

Ryan seems blindy loyal to Sanchez, he will be the starter... Moore would be much more effective though.

Watch for the Jets to move on him.

Since Matt's a FA, it would take two to tango.. can't see him going to a team to compete when the clueless HC has a permanent tattoo of his wife in a Sanchez jersey and where most any other HC would have sat even a decent QB down for a game or two somewhere in the middle of Buttchez's futility tour. Matt's already been through a stacked deck with Sparano and Henne in TC (which IMO, cost us at least a .500 season); can't see him voluntarily putting himself into that kind of situation again, unless they pay him a King$ Ran$som, which they cannot do with their cap circumstances. And I'm glad he'll likely be out of our division as he's a QB with a winning percentage as a starter and has been more successful when under center than the individual teams he's been on when not.

Ryan seems blindy loyal to Sanchez, he will be the starter... Moore would be much more effective though.

I believe Rex's job is directly tied to Sanchez...no way in hell anyone would be given the chance to compete with the Taco!

The Jets offer the best opportunity to start and they will be making a move at QB. They have to come up with a bridge to the future and Moore is the best available QB to do that.

It's become pretty obvious that Rex had minimal input and that he was stuck with Sanchez. Idzik knows he needs to upgrade at QB which is why Moore, who is already a part of a WCO, makes the most sense. I am sure Rex doesn't want to bet his bleak head coaching future on Sanchez.

Matt Moore has got to know that wherever he goes, the team will probably have, or will soon have a high draft pick rookie pushing him with a F.O. looking to start that rookie sooner than later. No team is just gonna say 'Matt Moore is our franchise QB'. So, knowing that, he might as well stay where he's kinda loved.

Well, if he's half is good as half of you think he should fetch us a decent compensation pick in next year's draft. That's his value to me. We can get equal value as a free agent or seventh round pick and it will cost a lot less. The guy fumbles way too much (probably because his hands are too small) he's a terrible practice quarterback, and he only comes through 50% of the time. Just what we don't need.

Well, if he's half is good as half of you think he should fetch us a decent compensation pick in next year's draft. That's his value to me. We can get equal value as a free agent or seventh round pick and it will cost a lot less. The guy fumbles way too much (probably because his hands are too small) he's a terrible practice quarterback, and he only comes through 50% of the time. Just what we don't need.

We may not get much compensation since we have so much cap space. Moore unless he starts or gets a big contract probably wont fetch us much and we will be spending alot of money overall

Back
Top Bottom