Tannehill restructured his contract | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill restructured his contract

Here's the thing:

The only person he really has to prove things to is Adam Gase. And guess who one of Tannehill's biggest fans is? As far as excuses, please find me one time that Tannehill has made an excuse or blamed someone else about ANYTHING.

In other words...who are you saying he has to prove stuff to, what's going to happen if he doesn't , and who the heck are you talking to about making excuses?

Wha???

I'm talkin' 'bout us!

The fans!

Call me maladaptically adapted.

Call me medially moronic.

Call me w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r.

But the game is for US!

The fans.

Thill has a LOT to prove to US!!!

So does Gase!!!

Most of all >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ross!!!!!!!!!!!

They are not necessarily married to Tannehill. It would be a Suh like cut if they were to part ways after this season. Saves 13 million in 2019 and 20 million in 2020.

The one issue with taking the guaranteed money up front is it puts a lot of pressure on the player to perform very well in the last years of the contract due to the large cap hit. Dead money is minimal in 2020 so it essentially it is 2 years guaranteed for Ryan.

Doesn't really rule out taking a QB early in the draft this year IMO. Ryan obviously the starter for 2018. Expensive out in 2019 if we do find a younger QB in draft. Or even have Ryan as expensive backup 19. Cap savings in 2019 would have to go for backup anyway.

I’m counting on Ryan to handle that pressure and hopefully make it thru the 2020 contract. But many other have failed in these similar contract situations.

Wha???

I'm talkin' 'bout us!

The fans!

Call me w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r.

But the game is for US!

The fans.

So does Gase!!!

I'm sorry you can't see that he has already proven all he needs to prove. Surviving the truly "offensive" line for 4 years while putting up numbers that should have been good enough for pretty decent records, then having a very good 2016 with an all new coaching staff (some would say his first professional coaching staff). What remains to be proven is if the front office has had the head-ectomy. That is all this team needs. The constant chant to replace the best offensive player is insane.

Wha???

I'm talkin' 'bout us!

The fans!

Call me w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r.

But the game is for US!

The fans.

So does Gase!!!

I wouldn’t call you that, and that’s a legit response. The difficulty is that we as fans aren’t judge, jury and executioner. We are, at best, the jury. And the jury is still mixed.

Can we say, “We’re not going to go to games or buy team apparel in protest?” Sure.

But the point is that Tannehill still has the Judge (Gase), half the jury (fans) and the executioner (Ross) in his corner.

Even if I didn’t support Tannehill, I’d at least realize that he’s proven quite a bit to the decision makers in Miami.

I have been a huge Tannehill fan since before we drafted him, but a QB with the hits he has taken (most in NFL during his tenure) coming off 2 back to back knee injuries and now a cap hits of $26.6 and $25 million I have to call BS.

I have been a huge Tannehill fan since before we drafted him, but a QB with the hits he has taken (most in NFL during his tenure) coming off 2 back to back knee injuries and now a cap hits of $26.6 and $25 million I have to call BS.
It's the same injury, not two different ones.

Help me out here guys, a little confused on this restructure thing.
We restructured Jones and now Tannehill....We turned a large portion of their salary into a bonus this year (at least Jones) how does that make it more difficult to cut them or cost more in the future against the cap? They get the same money but part of it is a bonus, how does this affect the cap?

finman

The money bonused/guaranteed is now spread out over the remaining years of the contract and counts toward any "dead money" if the player is cut.

Back
Top Bottom