Tannehill restructured his contract | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill restructured his contract

Regardless what we think of Tannehill, we can't afford the draft pick capital it would take to move from 11 to 5. If there's one QB left at say #5, you can throw the compensation chart out. It would cost next year's 1st, the #11 and more.

Yes it wouldn't be cheap but a future 1 is a small price to pay if you feel you can get your franchise QB for the next 15 seasons.

Tannehill is a great guy and a team guy. Good for him.

Aren’t all these restructures and the cutting / eating of suh’s contract just proof that T-Dumb sucks at his job?

Again, I want to say that calling Tannehill a team guy for this is really funny. I think he actually is a team guy, but come on!

Dolphins: "Hey Ryan, we'd like you to restructure your contract. We are going to give you more money in your bank account right now, and because of the accounting, this means that we will be committed to you for at least two more years. We are going to use that accounting shuffle to free up short term cap space and go bring in a big name free agent guard who is great in pass protection, and hopefully sign him."

Ryan: "Uh, sure, coach. I mean, if it's for the team..."

Good lord . . . 3 years left and now we added 5.5 million in cap to each year.

I hate the way this is all being handled. They are in “save their neck” mode.

Again, I want to say that calling Tannehill a team guy for this is really funny. I think he actually is a team guy, but come on!

Dolphins: "Hey Ryan, we'd like you to restructure your contract. We are going to give you more money in your bank account right now, and because of the accounting, this means that we will be committed to you for at least two more years. We are going to use that accounting shuffle to free up short term cap space and go bring in a big name free agent guard who is great in pass protection, and hopefully sign him."

Ryan: "Uh, sure, coach. I mean, if it's for the team..."
That's hilarious. Actually laughed out loud. Sad part is that probably exactly what went down.

Ross just handed Ryan what? a 15 milliom dollar cheque?

Safe to say we can stop any talk of drafting a qb

We can give Branch the boot next year and save some cap. hopefully harris isn't a bust.

Is it bad that I thought of a few posters who were saying "Just wait, Tannehill is going to be cut this preseason" and made this face?

giphy.gif

Ross just handed Ryan what? a 15 milliom dollar cheque?

Safe to say we can stop any talk of drafting a qb

One has nothing to do with the other. The consensus was that only Rosen was ready to assume a starting job his rookie yr.
The rest would be best served sitting for a year.

One has nothing to do with the other. The consensus was that only Rosen was ready to assume a starting job his rookie yr.
The rest would be best served sitting for a year.

Certainly didn't see any consensus linking Rosen with Miami. Mayfield? sure.

Certainly didn't see any consensus linking Rosen with Miami. Mayfield? sure.

There were a couple of rumor mill folks suggesting Rosen to Miami was a possibility, but what he's saying is that the QB we were linked to - Mayfield - is a guy many people feel will need to sit for a year.

There were a couple of rumor mill folks suggesting Rosen to Miami was a possibility, but what he's saying is that the QB we were linked to - Mayfield - is a guy many people feel will need to sit for a year.

perhaps I read it wrong then @jlfin, my bad

Still doubt they use a pile of picks to trade up after increasing Tannehill's long term cap hit

Don't really get the need for these restructures. There's not enough talent out there to be big spending in free agency this year. Guess were going to plug up with the roster with more mid level garbage.

You must not remember how much Tannenbaum likes to restructure contracts and kick the cap kill downstream...

Back
Top Bottom