Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor

This is a possibility if Gase and the Dolphins are high on both Rosen and Mayfield because at least one of them will be there at 5!

If this happens it will be a rebuild, so I could see Suh going to Denver as well. Vance loves Suh. Suh loves Vance!
Broncos know their pass rush was better when Malik Jackson was there collapsing the pocket so they would love to get Suh.
Dolphins eat the guaranteed money and Suh restructures to get under Denvers cap.

Tannehill and Suh to move up to 5?......James and CJ in the mix as well?....a pick or two involved?.... Anything is possible!

As has been said everywhere, all the quarterbacks have major concerns. I’d say the one with the most fake concerns is.....Josh Rosen. He’d be a great pickup for Miami. Why do scouts complain? He’s had a couple of concussions. That’s a real concern. People say he’s rich, bright, and parties. That is not a real concern. I gather the kid is competitive, works hard, and won’t get arrested. He’s a big talent and I see a good NFL starting career unless the concussions persist. He’s a steal if he doesn’t go number one over all because that’s what he profiles as — a number one overall pick type. If the concussions don’t get him, worst case scenario is Matt Ryan but I think Rosen is more dynamic.

My next guy would be Josh Allen. Ridiculous arm strength. People are down on his accuracy. But he had no talent around him. His accuracy will probably improve with coaching compared to what he saw at Wyoming. He’s going to make the big play, slicing bullets through heavy wind and cold. You’d want a good running game to go with him, because I see more of a Roethlisberger and not a ball control guy who gets it out quick and with high volume to control the ball.

Picking the third guy is tough. I’m torn between Darnold and Mayfield. Darnold is an athlete and competitive. Ball security is a risk and I don’t think a coincidence. I don’t see the same talent that Rosen has, but to each his own.

Now I go Mayfield. At the end of the day, unless somebody is stupid, I’m not sure you have to trade up to get him. He’s 6’0 215 and doesn’t run well. He’s overrated because the reality is he lacks competitive composure and reacts emotionally but it’s dubbed moxie. In football, fans love it. They see a 6’0 guy and start screaming Russell or Brees. But, he could just as easily profile as Cade McNown. He’s a little guy with an ok arm who’s not athletic, but loves to tell everybody how competitive he is. It’s an all timer for marketing. He was schemed to throw in wide open windows. When you see him have to make a throw without wide open windows, it can get ugly fast. Look at that pick late in the end zone in the playoff game. Terrible throw and a red flag as to who he is as far as arm and having to make a play against tight coverage without the gigantic windows. I like the kid as a college player so I consider him a viable guy, but he’s unbelievably risky. He could be Brees if he adjusts. He could also be Cade McNown, a guy with similar size and who also lacked athleticism. He was purported to be fiery but he didn’t translate. It’s a complete crap shoot with Mayfield. I like him and hope he succeeds but the bust potential is extreme. You’re taking a leap of faith here.

Lamar Jackson also has flags but don’t be shocked if he ends up the 2nd or 3rd best guy based on his NFL play. I think he’s underrated and would be a pain to deal with on another team.

Last edited:
Best floor

1. Rosen
2. Darnold
3. Allen
4. Jackson

Best ceiling
1. Rosen
2. Allen
3. Mayfield
4. Darnold
5. Jackson

Biggest bust potential
1. Mayfield
2. Jackson

Every QB comes with questions. None is perfect but if the team has a chance to draft Mayfield he will be the pick and Tannehill will be traded.And this coming from a Tannehill supporter. I like Tannehill but EVERYONE can be replaced and if we can do better at the most important position then we should do it.

As far as us trading with Denver, I just don't see that happening but you just never know

Ozzy rules!!

Keep Tannehill as the starting QB and trade for A.J.McCarron of the Bengals as the back up. Time to dump Moore, Cutler and find a suitable back up plan.

I think the Fins would be in a much better position overall with Tannehill as the starter with Baker Mayfield baking him up than having Mayfield starting with no one backing him up...

Best floor

1. Rosen
2. Darnold
3. Allen
4. Jackson

Best ceiling
1. Rosen
2. Allen
3. Mayfield
4. Darnold
5. Jackson

Biggest bust potential
1. Mayfield
2. Jackson

You question Mayfield’s accuracy because he threw an interception in the college playoff game, and label him as the biggest bust candidate, but also say Allen is one of the safest QBs in the draft...

Allen has a power arm, and one way or another he will be a starting QB in my view. So I gave him a decent floor. I’m concerned about the accuracy but he has prototypical tools. I think he’s an NFL starting QB.

Mayfield, who I am rooting for, is an emotional favorite but he’s a question mark scheme wise and he lacks prototypical everything. It’s possible he doesn’t end up a starting qb.

Just my opinions.

If this happens, then I'm all for blowing up the entire team right down to the sod at Hard Rock Stadium and begin all over again. I'll take 3 years of utter sorrow and straight up losing while playing rookies and FA's. All in the hope of re-shaping the team into one in which coach Gase will be happy. If that doesn't work bring in another coach to see what he can do. Hey, it's not like we have been close to anything resembling a title anyways.

I like your ideas but the problem is that still leaves the fools making personnel decisions - namely Tannebaum and Grier!!

Look, I like Ryan Tannehill and I think that a lot of the criticism that he receives on this forum is unfair. The dude spent the first few years on his back because his O-Line was awful on tragic levels. He finally was starting to find his groove in Gase's system when the injury bug that he had managed to avoid early in his career caught up with him. The kid has had a string of unfortunate luck lately. With that being said, I have seen a good enough sample size of his play to realize that he is a good (not great) quarterback with obvious limitations. Tannehill is not talented enough to get this team to the big game without an abundance of talent around him. In other words, Ryan Tannehill is more of a Joe Flacco than he is a Brady, Manning, or Rodgers. With the recent Jarvis Landry trade the talent pool on offense has been diminished rather than improved so with that in mind I am quite open to the idea of this trade IF the rumors are true. I am not saying that a guy like Baker Mayfield can be a true franchise qb either, but IMO we have to keep trying until we land that type of qb. It is the only way that we will ever compete for Super Bowl titles again.

Allen has a power arm, and one way or another he will be a starting QB in my view. So I gave him a decent floor. I’m concerned about the accuracy but he has prototypical tools. I think he’s an NFL starting QB.

Mayfield, who I am rooting for, is an emotional favorite but he’s a question mark scheme wise and he lacks prototypical everything. It’s possible he doesn’t end up a starting qb.

Just my opinions.

Prototypical everything? He's got accuracy and arm strength, those are pretty "prototypical" when it comes to QBs. Also had one of the best passer ratings in the nation when it came to getting pressured.

Prototypical everything? He's got accuracy and arm strength, those are pretty "prototypical" when it comes to QBs. Also had one of the best passer ratings in the nation when it came to getting pressured.

He’s six foot, 215, has an average arm and hasn’t passed with regularity into tight windows. There is a ton of risk there. Just because he’s excitable doesn’t mean he is a lock. I’m rooting for the kid, but you have to question the risk. The same things were said about Cade McNown twenty years ago and he went eleventh overall. I’m not saying he will suck. I’m saying he’s not a lock.

Josh Allen is 6’5 240 and can rip it. To answer your question, that’s prototype. Mayfield is small, unathletic with a decent but not great arm. That’s not prototype. I’m not sure anybody in the league would say he’s prototype.

Back
Top Bottom