Targets at #18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at #18

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming Miami doesn't use the #18 pick to move up, here are some potential targets.

Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia
Likely a top 15. Probably doesn't make it past the Jets. He's a player I'd move up for at the right price.

Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina
I've seen him mocked mostly in the top 15. Would be a nice defensive addition.

K'Lavon Chaisson, DL/LB LSU
Another player who is usually mocked in the top 15.

Xavier McKinney, S Alabama
Need, plus fit. Good odds. I think he'll be there, maybe at #26 as well.

Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State
Could be there. Would be an interesting pick.

Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Based on rankings, he could be there. But, I think he goes closer to top 10 with so many qb needy teams.

Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
Great fit, but an area of relative strength for Miami.

Austin Jackson LT, USC
A bit of a reach, but if the top four are gone (likely), the Dolphins could take him.

Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
If Al Davis was still alive, he'd be a Raider at #12. Speed to burn and more possible if Miami drafts Tua.

Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Could be there at #26?

I suspect that if we get Tua at 5, they will do what it takes to ensure an OT. Especially if 3 of them go top 11-12ish.

San Fran at 13 could be a great spot to trade up to.

Cowboys at 17 are taking a defensive player at 17, outside of that hard to know what anyone ahead of us is thinking.

Im praying Arizona goes defense as well.

Conklin going to Cleveland helps a little there.

Tampa and NYJ scream OT to me right now.

Back to football. Thanks, op.

The 2nd first rounder can go many ways. I'm happy with an OT or edge rusher if the right one falls. If they go QB with the first pick, I want them to package #26 plus whatever else they can negotiate to move up to #7 (Carolina) to grab Isaiah Simmons if he's available.

Indianapolis will likely go QB at #6. Carolina is rebuilding and should be open to acquiring picks if they're gonna do their best Dolphins rebuild impersonation. :)

I suspect that if we get Tua at 5, they will do what it takes to ensure an OT. Especially if 3 of them go top 11-12ish.

San Fran at 13 could be a great spot to trade up to.

Cowboys at 17 are taking a defensive player at 17, outside of that hard to know what anyone ahead of us is thinking.

Im praying Arizona goes defense as well.

Conklin going to Cleveland helps a little there.

Tampa and NYJ scream OT to me right now.
Ideally, I think the pick would be an offensive tackle as well. If Miami doesn't have to trade up for a quarterback, I could definitely see them moving up for a tackle with pick #18. Tua plus Thomas would be a great start.

Back to football. Thanks, op.

The 2nd first rounder can go many ways. I'm happy with an OT or edge rusher if the right one falls. If they go QB with the first pick, I want them to package #26 plus whatever else they can negotiate to move up to #7 (Carolina) to grab Isaiah Simmons if he's available.

Indianapolis will likely go QB at #6. Carolina is rebuilding and should be open to acquiring picks if they're gonna do their best Dolphins rebuild impersonation. :)
I would love to get Simmons or Brown. I wonder if that's part of the reason Miami brought in Love.

Perhaps Love is a trade up option after taking Simmons or Brown? Doesn't seem likely, but thought I'd throw that out there.

If Thomas doesn't fall, I'd probably just draft Reagor or Jefferson and look up OT at 26. I don't particularly like any of the defensive players projected in that range (save for CJ Henderson, but I think he goes earlier, and Miami probably waits on CB). Don't go for a lesser talent for the sake of addressing need.

If Thomas doesn't fall, I'd probably just draft Reagor or Jefferson and look up OT at 26. I don't particularly like any of the defensive players projected in that range (save for CJ Henderson, but I think he goes earlier, and Miami probably waits on CB). Don't go for a lesser talent for the sake of addressing need.
I'm a huge fan of Jefferson. Agree with you on Henderson. Honestly, despite signing Jones I'd strongly consider Henderson if he drops to #18. Don't see that happening, though.

I would expect they will be hoping to land a Tackle at 18 or move up a little to do do.

Otherwise you go BPA(Kinlaw/McKinney/Chaisson) or trade down for more picks.

I have been going OT/BPA at 18 and then grabbing Reagor/Shenault at 26 lately. I would like to add a fast/RAC WR to what they have now. Might be able to get one of them(or Aiyuk)with #39.

Such a great draft for wide receivers. Talent could go as deep as round four or five.

Which is where we should be looking at them when we need 2 OTs, 2 Safeties, a Center, a RB and obviously a QB.

Luxury picks aren’t in the cards for this squad with a dominant No.1 WR in the mix already and Preston Williams coming back.

I am on board with another CB at any point though.

I am leaning Austin Jackson, just because I think he is the only LT worth drafting high and there won't be any left tackles worth drafting later.

Back
Top Bottom