Targets at #18 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at #18

Which is where we should be looking at them when we need 2 OTs, 2 Safeties, a Center, a RB and obviously a QB.

Luxury picks aren’t in the cards for this squad with a dominant No.1 WR in the mix already and Preston Williams coming back.

I am on board with another CB at any point though.
In general, I like the group of wide receivers Miami has if they can stay healthy. But what if Jeudy was there at #18?

I realize that's not likely, but as a GM you've got to be flexible and follow the talent.

I am leaning Austin Jackson, just because I think he is the only LT worth drafting high and there won't be any left tackles worth drafting later.
I really like him. Also, I'm not sure he makes it to #26. If the top four tackles are gone, that could be a strong option.

In general, I like the group of wide receivers Miami has if they can stay healthy. But what if Jeudy was there at #18?

I realize that's not likely, but as a GM you've got to be flexible and follow the talent.

I would be fielding a lot of phone calls trying to see who’s got the best offer to move up.

Jeudy is a fantastic player for sure so he will be long gone like you said, if he isn’t, I’d be really concerned as to why.

I’d only be upset if we passed on a player at a more premium position, which most positions are. I’d be ok with having on my team. However if you take him at 5 I’m going to freak the F out.

For people who are fine with Miami's WR's, it's interesting that KC's target share is essentially even between the WR positions. Watkins had one more than Hill in 2019 (90 vs 89), and the combination of Robinson and Hardman totaled 96 (55 and 41). I lump them together, because I believe they rarely played at the same time (will look to back that up).

Kelce led the team with 136, and Hill would have had about 119 targets of he played 16 games, but that's still a pretty even target share.

In addition to a dominant receiver over the middle in Kelce, they have 3 WR's with deep speed - and the ability to track the deep ball. Hill and Hardman are two of the fastest receivers in the NFL.

Miami has Parker, Williams, and Gesicki. Miami isn't competing in 2020, and we're still at a point where the long term is much more important than the short term. A DT doesn't move the needle. Developing a talented, diverse group of weapons for your new QB is so much more important than anything Miami can do on defense. Fixing the OL should be priority #1. Building the best group of weapons possible is priority #1a.

If we stay @5 and take a QB like most expect, I only have two targets @18 (or a bit higher in a trade up).

Chaisson...
Or the best OT on the board...

There's no way I take a WR here... we have two flankers already and slot types are a available later...

I would be fielding a lot of phone calls trying to see who’s got the best offer to move up.

Jeudy is a fantastic player for sure so he will be long gone like you said, if he isn’t, I’d be really concerned as to why.

I’d only be upset if we passed on a player at a more premium position, which most positions are. I’d be ok with having on my team. However if you take him at 5 I’m going to freak the F out.
Could get a nice package of picks if Jeudy or Lamb are there. In a rebuilding stage, getting more picks wouldn't surprise me.

There's no way I take a WR here... we have two flankers already and slot types are a available later...

Parker's future is uncertain, and that slot type that will be available early is Henry Ruggs, that's a Ferrari.

I would not take Thomas at 18, he has 36"+ arms. That's weird. The shoe-ins imo at tackle are Wirfs RT, Wills RT, and Jackson LT. And I agree, If they are to take risks at tackle, they better take them later in the draft.

I would not take Thomas at 18, he has 36"+ arms. That's weird. The shoe-ins imo at tackle are Wirfs RT, Wills RT, and Jackson LT. And I agree, If they are to take risks at tackle, they better take them later in the draft.

I would run the card up for Thomas at 18 and then celebrate for absolutely stealing.

Long arms are such a benefit for tackles, allowing them to always punch first and stall the defender. If he was weak and didn't use him arms/hands well, then maybe i could see the problem. But the guy is good.

I would run the card up for Thomas at 18 and then celebrate for absolutely stealing.

Long arms are such a benefit for tackles, allowing them to always punch first and stall the defender. If he was weak and didn't use him arms/hands well, then maybe i could see the problem. But the guy is good.

Not imo, it's not worth it, they are Oline players. They have to be clean as whistle, no risks, not even a slightest hint of a risk, everything has to be perfect, just beasts, for first round.

Back
Top Bottom