Targets at #18 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at #18

Could get a nice package of picks if Jeudy or Lamb are there. In a rebuilding stage, getting more picks wouldn't surprise me.

Im always down to acquire more picks.

I’m just as concerned about next years draft as I am this year.

I want to dominate the NFL like no one has before. We are in a position that, with a little patience, we can have extra premium picks for quite awhile.

I suspect that if we get Tua at 5, they will do what it takes to ensure an OT. Especially if 3 of them go top 11-12ish.

San Fran at 13 could be a great spot to trade up to.

Cowboys at 17 are taking a defensive player at 17, outside of that hard to know what anyone ahead of us is thinking.

Im praying Arizona goes defense as well.

Conklin going to Cleveland helps a little there.

Tampa and NYJ scream OT to me right now.
I think they have choose between josh jones at 18 and one of 4 OTs with trade up (cost might be lower 2nd)

For people who are fine with Miami's WR's, it's interesting that KC's target share is essentially even between the WR positions. Watkins had one more than Hill in 2019 (90 vs 89), and the combination of Robinson and Hardman totaled 96 (55 and 41). I lump them together, because I believe they rarely played at the same time (will look to back that up).

Kelce led the team with 136, and Hill would have had about 119 targets of he played 16 games, but that's still a pretty even target share.

In addition to a dominant receiver over the middle in Kelce, they have 3 WR's with deep speed - and the ability to track the deep ball. Hill and Hardman are two of the fastest receivers in the NFL.

Miami has Parker, Williams, and Gesicki. Miami isn't competing in 2020, and we're still at a point where the long term is much more important than the short term. A DT doesn't move the needle. Developing a talented, diverse group of weapons for your new QB is so much more important than anything Miami can do on defense. Fixing the OL should be priority #1. Building the best group of weapons possible is priority #1a.
Yup, miami need speed at WR.
I actually hope dolphins pick Rugg if he available at 18, but i definitely go with Thomas or Kinlaw if they also at 18.

In general, I like the group of wide receivers Miami has if they can stay healthy. But what if Jeudy was there at #18?

I realize that's not likely, but as a GM you've got to be flexible and follow the talent.

If Jeudy (or Lamb for that matter) is on the board at 18, then I am turning the card in immediately unless Andrew Thomas is there as well. In that scenario I'd go with Austin Jackson or Joshua Jones at 26.

If Jeudy (or Lamb for that matter) is on the board at 18, then I am turning the card in immediately unless Andrew Thomas is there as well. In that scenario I'd go with Austin Jackson or Joshua Jones at 26.
I don't expect any of those three to reach #18, but would have to take any one of them if they did.

Miami's at a point where they have to go with the talent on the board.

I think 4 tackles go top 10: Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, and Becton.
2 QBs: Burrow and Herbert
3 defensive players: Young, Simmons and Okudah.

I think after that there will be a run on wideouts and potentially running backs as well.

I think after that there will be a run on wideouts and potentially running backs as well.

I think you are pretty close here... I might nitpick a bit, but you are plenty close.

I could see four tackles going top 10. I would add Tua, although that's not a guarantee. Agree with the three defenders, plus probably Brown.

18 has got to be a LT imo. But ideally we don’t stay at 18. If the opportunity presents itself to trade up and acquire a top 4 OT with giving up fair compensation to a team looking to stockpile draft picks (possibly Jax at 9) then great. If we can’t move up hopefully we are able to trade back a few spots and pick up a mid round pick and then take Josh Jones or Austin Jackson. Worst case scenario we have to reach on Jackson or Jones at 18, but either way I think we have to land a top 6 OT in the draft.

Based on the mocks and prospects it looks like we will be in the sweet spot for the WR run. So trading back may be very realistic

Those edge names look hideous. After Chase Young there's simply too big of a drop off to consider mid first round. I may not like Young's test scores but logically he's going to make plays given his guile, and production rate with the Buckeyes after being a premier recruit.

With those two later first round picks I think offensive tackle and wide receiver make the most sense, given the layout of this draft. Maybe skip receiver at 26 if Winfield is still there. He could add smarts and toughness.

I would be thrilled with Tua and then Love but I realize that isn't going to happen. We're probably a decade away from multiple high round quarterbacks being accepted as proper strategy.

Too many reaches from some of you. Your telling me if Kinlaw is sitting there you take a WR in the deepest WR draft in years? No way. Obviously we want a OT to fall, depending on what we gave up to get our QB I go up a few slots. A CB? After what we already have and a servicable player in Needham? No way. You target OT first then BPA. I would take Delpit or McKinney over a CB. The real question if we dont trade up is Jones or Jackson vs BPA.

Yup... and I'd leave him right there on the board.
If the main OTs are gone at 18, and Ruggs is there, I wouldn't mind if Miami drafted him and looked for Jones or Jackson at 26. I think Ruggs would be an excellent addition to Williams and Parker. Did you see how often he was wide open on slants and then took it to the house?

If Jones and Jackson are taken between 19 and 25, Niang and Cleveland could be targets late 2nd or early 3rd. I'm hoping C with the early second.

Those edge names look hideous. After Chase Young there's simply too big of a drop off to consider mid first round. I may not like Young's test scores but logically he's going to make plays given his guile, and production rate with the Buckeyes after being a premier recruit.

With those two later first round picks I think offensive tackle and wide receiver make the most sense, given the layout of this draft. Maybe skip receiver at 26 if Winfield is still there. He could add smarts and toughness.

I would be thrilled with Tua and then Love but I realize that isn't going to happen. We're probably a decade away from multiple high round quarterbacks being accepted as proper strategy.
I agree about the edge guys. Epenesa late, or if Gross-Matos makes it to the second, depending on what was drafted already.

I'm hoping you're wrong about the QBs. If there was ever a time to take multiple QBs, it's now. Just cut Fitzpatrick and start Rosen or whichever rookie picks it up the quickest. In ten years, I'm hoping Miami is only picking at the end of the round with their picks.

Back
Top Bottom