Targets at #18 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at #18

I could see four tackles going top 10. I would add Tua, although that's not a guarantee. Agree with the three defenders, plus probably Brown.

I think Giants, Chargers, Cards, and Browns take a T. And Skins may take a T at 2 as well considering the Trent Williams situation. I have doubts about the Skins taking Chase Young considering they have Kerrigan, and Jonathan Allen and they drafted Montez Sweat just last year.

The Skins have a new regime and I think they may take Herbert at that spot.

Then the Lions will take Chase Young. And Gettleman will take Becton or Thomas. I doubt NYG go Simmons, but could happen.
I think the Phins take Simmons at 5 and put him at SS.
Chargers will take a LT to replace Pipkins.
Panthers take Okudah, they need corners.
Cardinals take Jedrick Wills
Jags may take a wideout, and Browns at 10 take Whirfs.

After that, Jets at 11 and Buccs at 14 who just got Brady are desperate for a T. I just do not see anyway one of the top 4 rated tackles makes it to 18.

If the main OTs are gone at 18, and Ruggs is there, I wouldn't mind if Miami drafted him and looked for Jones or Jackson at 26. I think Ruggs would be an excellent addition to Williams and Parker. Did you see how often he was wide open on slants and then took it to the house?

If Jones and Jackson are taken between 19 and 25, Niang and Cleveland could be targets late 2nd or early 3rd. I'm hoping C with the early second.

Oh, I understand the theory... but taking a slot receiver in the first round does not fit with my vision of player position ranking.

We had a number of threads about the value of one position vs. another over the past few months... and I just dont find slot WRs to be all that hard to find... or worth as much as other positions.

Parker was a top receiver last year and he was being outplayed by Williams until he was injured. I really think we have two excellent receivers for the long haul there...
This doesn't even include the fact that we still have Wilson under a manageable contract.

I'll add one more thing... in a deep group of WRs... I'm gonna bet that a good one drops...

Narrowing it down at 18:
Definite:Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Okudah Young, Simmons, Brown.
Figure that’s a consensus - would bet the farm.
So for Miami- the Pick should be one of:

Wirfs, Willis, Becton, Thomas, Jones, Ruiz
Lamb, Jeudy Ruggs
Kinlaw Chaisson Henderson McKinney
Rounds out my top 18-20

I think Giants, Chargers, Cards, and Browns take a T. And Skins may take a T at 2 as well considering the Trent Williams situation. I have doubts about the Skins taking Chase Young considering they have Kerrigan, and Jonathan Allen and they drafted Montez Sweat just last year.

The Skins have a new regime and I think they may take Herbert at that spot.

Then the Lions will take Chase Young. And Gettleman will take Becton or Thomas. I doubt NYG go Simmons, but could happen.
I think the Phins take Simmons at 5 and put him at SS.
Chargers will take a LT to replace Pipkins.
Panthers take Okudah, they need corners.
Cardinals take Jedrick Wills
Jags may take a wideout, and Browns at 10 take Whirfs.

After that, Jets at 11 and Buccs at 14 who just got Brady are desperate for a T. I just do not see anyway one of the top 4 rated tackles makes it to 18.

I'll be shocked if the Chargers dont go QB. They need one worse than we do... they are trying to build a fanbase in fickle los Angeles.

I suspect that if we get Tua at 5, they will do what it takes to ensure an OT. Especially if 3 of them go top 11-12ish.

San Fran at 13 could be a great spot to trade up to.

Cowboys at 17 are taking a defensive player at 17, outside of that hard to know what anyone ahead of us is thinking.

Im praying Arizona goes defense as well.

Conklin going to Cleveland helps a little there.

Tampa and NYJ scream OT to me right now.
Tampa is screwed if they don’t get a running back they have nobody....even after free agency

And Ronald Jones blows which I always felt was way overrated coming out.

Too many reaches from some of you. Your telling me if Kinlaw is sitting there you take a WR in the deepest WR draft in years? No way. Obviously we want a OT to fall, depending on what we gave up to get our QB I go up a few slots. A CB? After what we already have and a servicable player in Needham? No way. You target OT first then BPA. I would take Delpit or McKinney over a CB. The real question if we dont trade up is Jones or Jackson vs BPA.

Kinlaw might be the most overrated player in the draft. From a Top 20 pick, you should want more flashes, and Kinlaw has only flashed. There are 9 WR's I'd take before even considering Kinlaw.

Yup, miami need speed at WR.
I actually hope dolphins pick Rugg if he available at 18, but i definitely go with Thomas or Kinlaw if they also at 18.

I wouldn't mind Ruggs at 18, but I do think Reagor is a much better prospect. Reagor was the higher rated prospect coming out of HS, broke out as a true freshman, and was dominant as a sophomore. He's much thicker and more explosive. He's not as fast in a straight line, but people expected him to run in the low 4.3's, because he plays super fast, and his 4.47 is not a red flag at all - particularly given that his BMI is higher than DK Metcalf's. I do think he got a little too thick for the Combine, and he should probably play around 200 instead of 206. Watch the 2018 game vs Ohio State, and you'll see a guy you can't cover - even with the best CB's in college football.

I also like that his dad was an NFL player, as it should make him more prepared for the jump.

Jefferson is the other WR that makes a lot of sense. More of a late bloomer - not a star recruit - but he did produce as a sophomore, and he's probably the craftiest WR in the class. He also has some of the best hands in the class and regularly makes tough catches. I have him lower than Reagor, because he's not as dynamic outside, so I'd want to keep him in the slot most of the time. Reagor can play inside, but he played most of his time outside at TCU, where he really knows how to get on top of CB's (this is an area where Reagor is also much better than Ruggs). So, Reagor would provide more versatility. If you wanted to kick Parker inside to exploit a matchup, you're not losing anything by putting Reagor out there.

I just want value. I want a good OT as much as anyone but I don't want to reach for one either. We were talking about this on chat the other night. Would you rather have the 2nd best WR at 18 or the 5th best OT? Those are the type of questions you need to ask yourself.

I just want value. I want a good OT as much as anyone but I don't want to reach for one either. We were talking about this on chat the other night. Would you rather have the 2nd best WR at 18 or the 5th best OT? Those are the type of questions you need to ask yourself.

Agree with the line of thought and the conclusion, but if there was a 5th OT that belonged in Tier 1, I think it'd change the optics. Tiers help a lot, because you can say, "OK, there are 4 OT's I'd feel good about drafting Top 20 and 3 WR's. If only one is available, I'll draft him. If more than one is available, then we can have a discussion." This is why I wouldn't draft Jackson over Reagor at 18 - unless I knew Reagor would be there at 26, which is, of course, impossible to know.

Agree with the line of thought and the conclusion, but if there was a 5th OT that belonged in Tier 1, I think it'd change the optics. Tiers help a lot, because you can say, "OK, there are 4 OT's I'd feel good about drafting Top 20 and 3 WR's. If only one is available, I'll draft him. If more than one is available, then we can have a discussion." This is why I wouldn't draft Jackson over Reagor at 18 - unless I knew Reagor would be there at 26, which is, of course, impossible to know.
yeah I see both sides of the coin. I understand people wanting to wait on a WR because this is such a deep class and you can get a good one later. Again, I want value. For example, I believe we're gonna need a safety at some point and this class doesn't seem deep to me as far as safeties so could McKinney be in play at 18 if the top 4 OT's are gone? Would he be a target at 26 if he's still there? After the top 4 OT's. how much of a drop off does out FO sees from the 5th OT to the 8th OT who they could possible get at 39?

So many questions and we won't know till draft week.

I'm with you - you rebuild a roster with the best players and by getting the best value (after you have your QB)....otherwise you end up where you started, over-drafting Juwan James because you have a tackle problem, over-drafting Charles Harris because you have a rush problem.

I want high valued positions that you cannot find in many drafts and free agency, like OT, but i do not want to take guys a full 0.5-1 round ahead of where they should be slotted. Move around....trade up for more elite talent, trade back for value if the talent isn't there. We should control parts of this draft with the ammo and flexibility we have.

Kinlaw might be the most overrated player in the draft. From a Top 20 pick, you should want more flashes, and Kinlaw has only flashed. There are 9 WR's I'd take before even considering Kinlaw.

You're killing me J. 9 WRs??? Ouch.

I really like Kinlaw. I think he's a bit raw and needs to work on his pad level and technique/hands a little more but that guy is explosive and disruptive inside. He faced a ton of double teams playing in the A gap, which hurt his stats, but put him next to another good DT or out at DE in a 3-4 and watch him do his thing.

I like Blacklock for the same reasons above. My issue with Blacklock is he's strictly an upfield 3-teach and can't handle doubles well, while Kinlaw has shown he can at times.

yeah I see both sides of the coin. I understand people wanting to wait on a WR because this is such a deep class and you can get a good one later. Again, I want value. For example, I believe we're gonna need a safety at some point and this class doesn't seem deep to me as far as safeties so could McKinney be in play at 18 if the top 4 OT's are gone? Would he be a target at 26 if he's still there? After the top 4 OT's. how much of a drop off does out FO sees from the 5th OT to the 8th OT who they could possible get at 39?

So many questions and we won't know till draft week.

Not a McKinney fan. He's fine, but I'm pretty sure someone would like him more than me, so I don't seriously consider him. 56 is probably the earliest I would take him, and there would likely be other players I like more. I'd prefer either Winfield Jr or Delpit, and 26 is the earliest I'd consider either.

I also don't see the wisdom in passing top receiving options in a stacked class for a Safety. WR is the much more valuable position, and the talent at the top is much better at WR. If a quality receiver falls, draft him, but that doesn't mean I'm passing on the better player at the more valuable position just because I might be able to get a good player at the same position later.

Back
Top Bottom