Tebow already dividing the locker room | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tebow already dividing the locker room

Gee I sure remember Steve Grogan thumping up on the Jets Pretty good in the 70's

NY Jets vs. Patriots w/ Tom Brady as starting QB: 5-15
NY Jets vs. Patriots w/ all other QBs: 46-36-1

Steve grogan had ZERO career postseason wins which is 4 less than Mark sanchez has had in his brief career.

Sanchez had as many TDs (3)in one game(at NE div rd 2010) as Grogan had in his postseason career
in 2 less games(and 3 less starts) grogan threw 7 INTs while Sanchez only has 3

Sanchez will never be Tom Brady but at least he's not down there w/ Steve grogan:lol:

NY Jets vs. Patriots w/ Tom Brady as starting QB: 5-15
NY Jets vs. Patriots w/ all other QBs: 46-36-1

Steve grogan had ZERO career postseason wins which is 4 less than Mark sanchez has had in his brief career.

Sanchez had as many TDs (3)in one game(at NE div rd 2010) as Grogan had in his postseason career
in 2 less games(and 3 less starts) grogan threw 7 INTs while Sanchez only has 3

Sanchez will never be Tom Brady but at least he's not down there w/ Steve grogan:lol:

Well Grogan was 12-5 against the Jests in his starts and he never even had the advantage of a top 5 defense like the Dirty Taco. Then again the Jests don't have that defense anymore either so looks like Taco boy is on a fast trak to being a back up QB. :lol:

Well Grogan was 12-5 against the Jests in his starts and he never even had the advantage of a top 5 defense like the Dirty Taco. Then again the Jests don't have that defense anymore either so looks like Taco boy is on a fast trak to being a back up QB. :lol:

grogan was 12-8 against the Jets and in years the Jets had winning records Grogan was 2-4 against the Jets and that doesn't include '82 when they didn't play in strike shortened season. He was 1-4 against the Jets in years the Jets made the playoffs, Sanchez is 3-4 against NE w/ 2 of those 3 years NE having the best record in the AFC and one of those times leading his team to a win over the Pats when they had the best record in the league.

grogan was 12-8 against the Jets and in years the Jets had winning records Grogan was 2-4 against the Jets and that doesn't include '82 when they didn't play in strike shortened season. He was 1-4 against the Jets in years the Jets made the playoffs, Sanchez is 3-4 against NE w/ 2 of those 3 years NE having the best record in the AFC and one of those times leading his team to a win over the Pats when they had the best record in the league.

It's clear just how much you love Taco Boy, we will see just how long you can hold on to that crush. :chuckle:

It's clear just how much you love Taco Boy, we will see just how long you can hold on to that crush. :chuckle:

a guy who is talking up Steve "I never won a playoff game" Grogan and has him as his username is talking about crushes? come on, seriously?:lol:

a guy who is talking up Steve "I never won a playoff game" Grogan and has him as his username is talking about crushes? come on, seriously?:lol:

Well most real football fans remember Grogan as a very talented QB that played his a$$ off for very bad teams and managed to stay in the league for over a decade. Taco Boy will be a back up QB within two years and out of the league in a hadfull more. Then we will see how much man-love your going to have left for him. :chuckle:

Well most real football fans remember Grogan as a very talented QB that played his a$$ off for very bad teams and managed to stay in the league for over a decade. Taco Boy will be a back up QB within two years and out of the league in a hadfull more. Then we will see how much man-love your going to have left for him. :chuckle:

The Pats had some very talented teams in the 70s and 80s, Grogan was a decent QB who couldn't get it done when it mattered most. Sanchez will have a better, not longer, career than grogan- he has already been much better after 3 seasons.

Steve had 5 consecutive 20+ INT seasons, I wonder what you would say about sanchez if he even had 2 of those?

The Pats had some very talented teams in the 70s and 80s, Grogan was a decent QB who couldn't get it done when it mattered most. Sanchez will have a better, not longer, career than grogan- he has already been much better after 3 seasons.

:lol: Really? In 2011 he was the 23rd rated QB; in 2010 he was rated the 27th QB; and as a rookie in 2009, he was #28. So, if he's moving up at the rate of 5 spots every 3 years, he should hit the top ten in 2020!!!! :up: YEE HAW!!!!!

Steve had 5 consecutive 20+ INT seasons, I wonder what you would say about sanchez if he even had 2 of those?

You are comparing apples and oranges. QBs in the 1970s and 1980s made more long pass attempts than they do today, resulting in lower completion % and more TDs. That was also in the heyday of the "bump and run" pass defense when DBs regularly smacked WRs all over the field and DLers trampled QBs with impunity.

Remember what the Ravens did to El Guapo on national TV last season? Well, that's what he'd have faced almost every game, and we all saw that he handled that pressure sooooo well! Your boy El Guapo would go running for his Mama if had to face what Grogan and the other QBs of that day faced every Sunday.

:lol: Really? In 2011 he was the 23rd rated QB; in 2010 he was rated the 27th QB; and as a rookie in 2009, he was #28. So, if he's moving up at the rate of 5 spots every 3 years, he should hit the top ten in 2020!!!! :up: YEE HAW!!!!!

You are comparing apples and oranges. QBs in the 1970s and 1980s made more long pass attempts than they do today, resulting in lower completion % and more TDs. That was also in the heyday of the "bump and run" pass defense when DBs regularly smacked WRs all over the field and DLers trampled QBs with impunity.

Remember what the Ravens did to El Guapo on national TV last season? Well, that's what he'd have faced almost every game, and we all saw that he handled that pressure sooooo well! Your boy El Guapo would go running for his Mama if had to face what Grogan and the other QBs of that day faced every Sunday.

It's a good thing we know this game well enough where we don't evaluate based on QB rating.

obviously the game was different but show a good QB in his era w/ 5 consecutive 20+ INT seasons?

so D's in the 70s and 80s were as good as the Ravens D was this year? interesting, I didn't realize this. How did offenses perform? I guess that is why all the best QBs threw 20 INts a season and never won playoff games?

It's a good thing we know this game well enough where we don't evaluate based on QB rating.

obviously the game was different but show a good QB in his era w/ 5 consecutive 20+ INT seasons?

so D's in the 70s and 80s were as good as the Ravens D was this year? interesting, I didn't realize this. How did offenses perform? I guess that is why all the best QBs threw 20 INts a season and never won playoff games?

Namath has more INT's than Grogan, and also has 5 20+ INT seasons, albeit not in a row. Somehow, you'll spin that into a positive, but I'm fully expecting your homer response......

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrogSt00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

Namath has more INT's than Grogan, and also has 5 20+ INT seasons, albeit not in a row. Somehow, you'll spin that into a positive, but I'm fully expecting your homer response......

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrogSt00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

Actually I think Joe Namath is the most overrated player in the history of the game but he was obviously much better than Steve grogan. Namath's career was derailed by injuries but he did win a SB, right? and he did set records and he was great until his career was cut short due to injuries.

I don't spin, I post facts.

Stop pretending to be so ignorant ... unless you really are as dumb as some of the crap that you post in which case I suppose you can't help yourself.

Offenses and defenses were different in the 1970s and 1980s, at least partially because there were many fewer rules to protect players, especially offensive players, which meant that defenses had could be far more disruptive than they are today. Even mediocre defenses could raise havoc even with good offenses, and NE back then wasn't all that great a team.

QBR doesn't count, but cherry picking other stats to "prove" your points is okay? :lol: By whatever standard you want to use, Steve Grogan was a better NFL QB than Mark Sanchez. Sanchez will be lucky to remain the Jests' starter. You can swallow that cago about Tebow being the backup and the wildcat QB but I think he was brought in to placate the fans when Sanchez proves to be his usual mediocre self.

Stop pretending to be so ignorant ... unless you really are as dumb as some of the crap that you post in which case I suppose you can't help yourself.

Offenses and defenses were different in the 1970s and 1980s, at least partially because there were many fewer rules to protect players, especially offensive players, which meant that defenses had could be far more disruptive than they are today. Even mediocre defenses could raise havoc even with good offenses, and NE back then wasn't all that great a team.

QBR doesn't count, but cherry picking other stats to "prove" your points is okay? :lol: By whatever standard you want to use, Steve Grogan was a better NFL QB than Mark Sanchez. Sanchez will be lucky to remain the Jests' starter. You can swallow that cago about Tebow being the backup and the wildcat QB but I think he was brought in to placate the fans when Sanchez proves to be his usual mediocre self.

So let me undersatnd, defenses could be far more disruptive back in the 70s/80s than they can be today? so why doesn't sanchez get any credit for winning today? I can't wait for the excuses on that one.

If you don't have #s and you don't win how am I supposed to say a QB was better than sanchez? I saw most of grogan's career(I did miss the 70s part), mark sanchez is w/o a doubt a better QB than Steve grogan.

tebow was brought in to palcate the fans? the fan base hates Tebow at the moment

You're wasting your time with him, he will still have the Sanchez posters all over his bedroom walls long after he becomes another Jets draft day failuer.

You're wasting your time with him, he will still have the Sanchez posters all over his bedroom walls long after he becomes another Jets draft day failuer.

so says the guy who named himself after a player, a player w/ ZERO career playoff wins.

Back
Top Bottom