Ted Ginn =Bethel Johnson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn =Bethel Johnson

satz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Am i the only one who is seeing his weird rehash of the bethel johnson saga repeat with ted ginn.

the comparision is so close both very fast in their class , both PR,KR who had success .Bethel was a better WR coming out of the draft then Ted but heck the concindence is scary.Both started injured too....:sidelol:

satz

haha how was Bethel a better WR coming out? Ginn was the number 1 WR on the number 1 team in the country... Bethel was the number 2 WR on a ****ty Texas A&M team... Bethel was never on the pre-season Heisman and Biletnikoff watch lists, etc... just because OSU didn't ask Ginn to run a lot of different routes doesn't mean he cant, or that hes not a good WR...

with his change of direction abilities, fluid hips, and quickness hes going to develop into a sick route runner... just going to take time and reps, just like it does for any rookie WR coming into the NFL

haha how was Bethel a better WR coming out? Ginn was the number 1 WR on the number 1 team in the country
Actually No he was not the #1 WR in his team.

Actually No he was not the #1 WR in his team.

actually his junior year yes he was... he was ahead of anthony gonzalez... when i say a guy was number 1 obviously not all through the college career... they have to start at the bottom, he was a number 3/4 his freshman year, the number 2 behind eventual first round pick Santonio Holmes his soph year and the number 1 last year...

Am i the only one who is seeing his weird rehash of the bethel johnson saga repeat with ted ginn.

the comparision is so close both very fast in their class , both PR,KR who had success .Bethel was a better WR coming out of the draft then Ted but heck the concindence is scary.Both started injured too....:sidelol:

satz

I agree, at least the Pats took Bethal in the second round. To me the Phins are taking a heck of a chance here with a developmental WR at #9 overall. I don't think Phin fans truly get the fact that their teams future for the next 5 years or so has been gambled on 3 things.

1. That Brady Quinn is not a franchise QB????
2. That Ted Ginn is an all world NFL WR????
3. That John Beck can be the QB of the future as good or better than Quinn???

To me Ted Ginn makes almost ZERO sense even if he turns out great. Considering how many more needs this Phin team has, it's like buying desert when you only have enough money for dinner.

There are a number of ways this could turn out

:lol: nice to have a "new" person come in and give their opinion...

but there was no extreme gamble taken with the Dolphins... why would you have wanted them to reach for Quinn? maybe trade down and take him, but hes a player who was taken in the 20s and you wanted to take him top 10? no thanks, im tired of reaching for players...

every draft pick is a gamble, Ginn is no different, they feel hes an impact player... and he will be, great pick by the team and then we get the QB rated pretty close to Quinn in the 2nd round and pay him 2nd round money, our draft went amazing... i give so much credit to the FO for pulling it off

but there was no extreme gamble taken with the Dolphins... why would you have wanted them to reach for Quinn? maybe trade down and take him, but hes a player who was taken in the 20s and you wanted to take him top 10? no thanks, im tired of reaching for players...

every draft pick is a gamble, Ginn is no different, they feel hes an impact player... and he will be, great pick by the team and then we get the QB rated pretty close to Quinn in the 2nd round and pay him 2nd round money, our draft went amazing... i give so much credit to the FO for pulling it off

We wanted offensive help and wanted to add playmakers to that offense, we did that with Ginn. He's no more a gamble than most draft picks.

actually his junior year yes he was... he was ahead of anthony gonzalez... when i say a guy was number 1 obviously not all through the college career... they have to start at the bottom, he was a number 3/4 his freshman year, the number 2 behind eventual first round pick Santonio Holmes his soph year and the number 1 last year...
So he led the team in catches last year ?.

I agree, at least the Pats took Bethal in the second round. To me the Phins are taking a heck of a chance here with a developmental WR at #9 overall. I don't think Phin fans truly get the fact that their teams future for the next 5 years or so has been gambled on 3 things.

1. That Brady Quinn is not a franchise QB????
2. That Ted Ginn is an all world NFL WR????
3. That John Beck can be the QB of the future as good or better than Quinn???

To me Ted Ginn makes almost ZERO sense even if he turns out great. Considering how many more needs this Phin team has, it's like buying desert when you only have enough money for dinner.

There are a number of ways this could turn out

Okay, and the relevence of where a player is picked why?

The relevence of how Brady Quinn does is what?

I am not crazy about the Ginn pick either, but to call him out as a failure so quickly is assinine...IMO of course

So he led the team in catches last year ?.

Ginn? yes and rec yards and rec tds... and thats with the game he missed in the national championship game because of the inj on the kick return...

but even if he didn't he was still the number 1 receiver... Chambers was our number 1, he faced the top corners on the other team, he had more plays designed to him, etc, but he didn't lead us in any receiving stat...

but all the talk of Ginn now is pointless... just wait till hes on the field playing... i mean even in his first time doing any kind of football activity this last mini-camp he was making plays and impressing, and he was JUST cleared... wait for training camp and the season, you'll see what Ginn is all about...

Okay, and the relevence of where a player is picked why?

The relevence of how Brady Quinn does is what?

I am not crazy about the Ginn pick either, but to call him out as a failure so quickly is assinine...IMO of course

Who called him a failure??? Maybe you should re-read my post, I said nothing of the sort.

Ginn? yes and rec yards and rec tds... and thats with the game he missed in the national championship game because of the inj on the kick return...

but even if he didn't he was still the number 1 receiver... Chambers was our number 1, he faced the top corners on the other team, he had more plays designed to him, etc, but he didn't lead us in any receiving stat...

but all the talk of Ginn now is pointless... just wait till hes on the field playing... i mean even in his first time doing any kind of football activity this last mini-camp he was making plays and impressing, and he was JUST cleared... wait for training camp and the season, you'll see what Ginn is all about...

He had more rsuhing yards than any other WR on our team though. :wink:

I'm not entirely positive, but just off the top of my head I'm pretty sure Marty Booker led the team in TD receptions last year.

And I love the Ginn pick. He's a weapon.. not many teams have a guy that can change the game everytime he touches the ball, which is exactly what Ginn brings to Miami. If Beck develops into the QB that Candy thinks he will, this could have been one of the all-time great drafts in Miami history.

Wow your post proves my point.

1. The fact that you buy the "idea" that Quinn was a reach is part of the gamble. Most belive he is a franchise QB, and the Phins passing on him makes it a huge gamble.
2.You say your tired of "reaching" for players??? :unsure: What do you think Ginn is??? He's the reach of the Draft at #9.
3. Yes every draft pick is a gamble, the Phins combined the gamble by tying their picks into 1.hoping Quinn isn't a franchise QB, 2. Hoping Ginn is a top flight Wr, and 3. That John Beck is better or as good as Quinn. The odds of the Phins getting all three of these tings to happen is very unlikely.
4. "You give so much credit to the FO for pulling it off????? Are you joking? Pulling what off? Now in order for the Phins draft to pan out, they don't need just a 1st round QB to pan out, instead they need a project Wr to to become a great player, they need the QB they passed on to fail, and to top it all off they need the second round QB they picked to be as good, or better than the QB they passed on because if not, it's not going to matter if Ginn pans out or not, because they won't have a QB to throw him the ball anyway. :tantrum: Sorry but the Phins are talking a huge gamble here, much more than if they had just taken Quinn at #9. Now maybe they win, and maybe they don't, but anyone that can't see how much more risk they are taking here just doesn't understand football.

Back
Top Bottom