Ted Ginn =Bethel Johnson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn =Bethel Johnson

Am i the only one who is seeing his weird rehash of the bethel johnson saga repeat with ted ginn.

the comparision is so close both very fast in their class , both PR,KR who had success .Bethel was a better WR coming out of the draft then Ted but heck the concindence is scary.Both started injured too....:sidelol:

satz

Bro, why don't you wait until Ginn gets a season under his belt before you start making faulty comparisons. :rolleyes2

Of course, you're assuming that John Beck becomes a career back-up or a bust even.

Not really, what I'm saying is real simple, instead of just one risk by drafting Quinn, the Phins rolled three dice and tripled the risk, and the the number of ways they can lose. To say that Ginn was the better fit is just SPIN, no one knows how this will turn out, yet for this pick to make any sense Quinn needs to be a bust. A WR, even a great one isn't worth what a great QB is, that's a simple fact. So of course the Phins need Quinn to fail to make their selection make any sense, by not taking Quinn thats exactly what they said, "we don't think Quinn is a franchise QB", because if they did think he was, they would have taken him. By picking Beck in the second round they said it again, "We belive Beck is as good or better than Quinn". So as I've said, the only way the Phins can win this gamble is if Ginn becomes a top fight WR, Beck becomes as good or better than Quinn, or Quinn just out and out sucks.

[mod] Smack / personal attacks not permitted here. [/mod]

while I agree its dumb to compare players before they've actually played, you still see a lot of dolphin fans calling him the next (insert pro bowl reciever here).

Not really, what I'm saying is real simple, instead of just one risk by drafting Quinn, the Phins rolled three dice and tripled the risk, and the the number of ways they can lose. To say that Ginn was the better fit is just SPIN, no one knows how this will turn out, yet for this pick to make any sense Quinn needs to be a bust. A WR, even a great one isn't worth what a great QB is, that's a simple fact. So of course the Phins need Quinn to fail to make their selection make any sense, by not taking Quinn thats exactly what they said, "we don't think Quinn is a franchise QB", because if they did think he was, they would have taken him. By picking Beck in the second round they said it again, "We belive Beck is as good or better than Quinn". So as I've said, the only way the Phins can win this gamble is if Ginn becomes a top fight WR, Beck becomes as good or better than Quinn, or Quinn just out and out sucks.

That's complete bull****. If Quinn was on the board and we drafted Beck then that would be sayig we thought Beck was going to turn out just as good or better than Quinn. But considering it never came down to an option between Beck and Quinn you can't say that, it's just hearsay.

The only thing the Dolphins rolled the dice on was thier perception that Ginn was a better fit for this team, both short and long term, than Quinn would be. Period.

I mean, by your ****ing logic, the Eagles chose Kolb over Quinn and the Lions picked Stanton over Quinn, so in order for thier pick to make sense Quinn has to be a bust. That's absolutely retarded.

while I agree its dumb to compare players before they've actually played, you still see a lot of dolphin fans calling him the next (insert pro bowl reciever here).

I might say I hope he can turn out like 'so and so' but I never will say he will be or is like 'so and so.'

And it'll be a while before Ginn has a chance even to make it to the pro-bowl as a WR. That's my opinion at least.

Okay, lets work on YOUR logic for a second..

We have had a "Franchise QB". In fact, one of the best of all times...painfull to us, but he has ZERO titles.

Now then, how much of a "Franchise QB" is Trent Dilfer?:wink:

Again ,beck has more chance to be dilfer than anything.I am not talking about titles here.I am not even talking about franchise qb,a term some idiot sports writer cooked up.I am talking about the investement it takes from a team prespective to develop a qb.Would invest in some who might give you 3-4 good yrs compared to 7-8 good yrs barring injury.

It seems like a lot of phin fans have changed their attitudes since draft day.

Wasn't it phin fans who booed Cameron UNMERCIFULLY when he came to the podium on draft day?

Wasn't it phins fans that ripped Cam apart for that pick? Wasn't it phin fans that asked WTF?! we picked a hurt WR/PR with the 9th pick in the draft? WTF ARE THEY THINKING!!!!???

What Cam done between then and now that is making a lot of phin fans defend the pick? Could it be because a lot of phin fans are wishing, hoping that Cam is right and Dolphins won't get laughed at like the Texans did for not selecting Bush (I am in now way comparing Quinn to Bush)?

Wasn't it Phion fans that thought Quinn was going to be their savior at qb and those same fand now call him a scrub?

It seems like a lot of phin fans have changed their attitudes since draft day.

Wasn't it phin fans who booed Cameron UNMERCIFULLY when he came to the podium on draft day?

Wasn't it phins fans that ripped Cam apart for that pick? Wasn't it phin fans that asked WTF?! we picked a hurt WR/PR with the 9th pick in the draft? WTF ARE THEY THINKING!!!!???

What Cam done between then and now that is making a lot of phin fans defend the pick? Could it be because a lot of phin fans are wishing, hoping that Cam is right and Dolphins won't get laughed at like the Texans did for not selecting Bush (I am in now way comparing Quinn to Bush)?

Wasn't it Phion fans that thought Quinn was going to be their savior at qb and those same fand now call him a scrub?

why are you grouping phin fans one one big generalization? i was always happy with the Ginn pick, i loved the pick... pre-draft ginn was the guy i wanted all along...

Wow your post proves my point.

1. The fact that you buy the "idea" that Quinn was a reach is part of the gamble. Most belive he is a franchise QB, and the Phins passing on him makes it a huge gamble.
2.You say your tired of "reaching" for players??? :unsure: What do you think Ginn is??? He's the reach of the Draft at #9.
3. Yes every draft pick is a gamble, the Phins combined the gamble by tying their picks into 1.hoping Quinn isn't a franchise QB, 2. Hoping Ginn is a top flight Wr, and 3. That John Beck is better or as good as Quinn. The odds of the Phins getting all three of these tings to happen is very unlikely.
4. "You give so much credit to the FO for pulling it off????? Are you joking? Pulling what off? Now in order for the Phins draft to pan out, they don't need just a 1st round QB to pan out, instead they need a project Wr to to become a great player, they need the QB they passed on to fail, and to top it all off they need the second round QB they picked to be as good, or better than the QB they passed on because if not, it's not going to matter if Ginn pans out or not, because they won't have a QB to throw him the ball anyway. :tantrum: Sorry but the Phins are talking a huge gamble here, much more than if they had just taken Quinn at #9. Now maybe they win, and maybe they don't, but anyone that can't see how much more risk they are taking here just doesn't understand football.

Brady Quinn had no bearing on the Fins. He wasn't drafted by the Fins. Very, very little has been written about any other team that passed on Quinn getting their draft graded on how well Quinn does. Why would you single out the Fins. Why not the Vikings, Cowboys, Lions, etc, etc?

The Fins need Ginn and Beck to work out. Every team needs their picks to work out.

Again ,beck has more chance to be dilfer than anything.I am not talking about titles here.I am not even talking about franchise qb,a term some idiot sports writer cooked up.I am talking about the investement it takes from a team prespective to develop a qb.Would invest in some who might give you 3-4 good yrs compared to 7-8 good yrs barring injury.

1). Based on what?

2). For a term some idiot sports writer cooked up, you loving pointing out that we SO CALLED missed our FRANCHISE quarterback.

1). Based on what?

2). For a term some idiot sports writer cooked up, you loving pointing out that we SO CALLED missed our FRANCHISE quarterback.

can you list all the quaterbacks who had success in the league from the 1st year of starting.Even though brady won in 2001 he was very shaky and the team and coaching carried him.peyton took a few years to become succesfull.same can be said for every qb who has started for a season.It takes a few full season of starting.Palmer is another one.

Now you are telling me all this is wrong and beck is somehow going to start and break the tread.No way he will be a good qb if the team and management does not take their time.But i do not think they will wait for him to be 31-32 to be good.They will push him and make another harrington out of him.

I am not a supporter of Quinn either , he might be good but with a #9 pick i believe you should get someone who will be on the field most of the snaps in offense or defence immediately with low risk [qb is a high rish position unless you find a palmer] say a DL,LB,OL who can contribute a full game on one side not 2-3 snaps a game.

One more point right after bethel was draft bb said "you cannot teach speed" and this has been mentioned a few times here by other fans.

satz

why are you grouping phin fans one one big generalization? i was always happy with the Ginn pick, i loved the pick... pre-draft ginn was the guy i wanted all along...

By saying "a lot" that doesn't mean "all." I wasn't generalizing all phin fans, just the ones that bashed this pick when it happened and booed Cam when he made his announcement to the fans.

Now I am hearing from a lot of these same fans (who wanted Quinn) that Ginn is going to be an all-pro and pro-bowl receiver/KR that is going to do wonders for Miami's O and Brady Quinn isn't going to do squat. Those are the fans that I am talking about.

can you list all the quaterbacks who had success in the league from the 1st year of starting.Even though brady won in 2001 he was very shaky and the team and coaching carried him.peyton took a few years to become succesfull.same can be said for every qb who has started for a season.It takes a few full season of starting.Palmer is another one.Now you are telling me all this wrong and beck is somehow going to start and break the tread.No way he will be a good qb if the team and management take their time.But i do not think they will wait for him to be 31-32 to be good.They will push him and make another harrington out of him.

I am not a supporter of Quinn either , he might be good but with a #9 pick i believe you should get someone who will be on the field most of the snaps in offense or defence immediately with low risk [qb is a high rish position unless you find a palmer] say a DL,LB,OL who can contribute a full game on one side not 2-3 snaps a game.

One more point right after bethel was draft bb said "you cannot teach speed" and this has been mentioned a few times here by other fans.

satz

So you're assuming Ginn will only play 2-3 snaps a game.

And your whole first paragraph makes little sense(I realize this is a message board too, but try using the space bar between sentences).

"No way he will be a good qb if the team and management take their time.But i do not think they will wait for him to be 31-32 to be good.They will push him and make another harrington out of him."

So you don't think he'll be good if the team takes thier time with Beck, yet you go on to say the team won't wait until he is 31 to be good in your opinion. Well since waiting it out wouldn't help Beck, like you are saying, why should they take thier time with him?

By saying "a lot" that doesn't mean "all." I wasn't generalizing all phin fans, just the ones that bashed this pick when it happened and booed Cam when he made his announcement to the fans.

Now I am hearing from a lot of these same fans (who wanted Quinn) that Ginn is going to be an all-pro and pro-bowl receiver/KR that is going to do wonders for Miami's O and Brady Quinn isn't going to do squat. Those are the fans that I am talking about.

Well when you post generalities about fin fans on a message board who the majority of posters weren't at the dolphins complex for the draft, they tend to take exception.

Back
Top Bottom