Ted Ginn =Bethel Johnson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn =Bethel Johnson

"No way he will be a good qb if the team and management take their time.But i do not think they will wait for him to be 31-32 to be good.They will push him and make another harrington out of him."

So you don't think he'll be good if the team takes thier time with Beck, yet you go on to say the team won't wait until he is 31 to be good in your opinion. Well since waiting it out wouldn't help Beck, like you are saying, why should they take thier time with him?

Sorry about the little sentence mess up .....

No way he will be a good qb if the team and management does not take their time

Sorry about the little sentence mess up .....

No way he will be a good qb if the team and management does not take their time

That's pretty much the case with an QB though, and also the case with a lot of rookies in general.

1). Based on what?

2). For a term some idiot sports writer cooked up, you loving pointing out that we SO CALLED missed our FRANCHISE quarterback.

That's the whole point, the Phins just may very well have missed out on their franchise QB. Are you going to sit there and pretend there's not a chance that passing on Quinn was a huge mistake? Like-wise, of course the the picks the phins did make in Ginn and Beck will be judged in the same light that Quinn is. To retend the picks have no baring on on another is just foolish, the Phins passed on a major need because they didn't like the player. Now we get to find out if they where right or not. :rolleyes2

Well when you post generalities about fin fans on a message board who the majority of posters weren't at the dolphins complex for the draft, they tend to take exception.

:shakeno:

You see you are being specific again.
Booing can happen anywhere, not just at the complex during the draft. I know a few phin fans that I work with who told me how they reacted (booed, swore, and a couple of them hit the tv) to the pick when it happened and now all of them have changed their tune.
I know a few dolphin fans doesn't account for the masses but it does give me valid proof as to what I am saying.

That's the whole point, the Phins just may very well have missed out on their franchise QB. Are you going to sit there and pretend there's not a chance that passing on Quinn was a huge mistake? Like-wise, of course the the picks the phins did make in Ginn and Beck will be judged in the same light that Quinn is. To retend the picks have no baring on on another is just foolish, the Phins passed on a major need because they didn't like the player. Now we get to find out if they where right or not. :rolleyes2

Where was it ever said that the Dolphins didn't like Quinn?

That's pretty much the case with an QB though, and also the case with a lot of rookies in general.
Yep but with green if he goes down i think beck will be pushed in .

Where was it ever said that the Dolphins didn't like Quinn?

The fact that they passed on him for a kick returner/ "project WR" with the #9 pick is a pretty good indication they didn't like him. Look you can spinn it all you like, the fact is the Phins have gambled more by not taking Quinn then they would have with him. To me it was one of the dumbest things I've seen in the daft in a very long time, but who knows, I could be wrong. :rolleyes2

The fact that they passed on him for a kick returner/ "project WR" with the #9 pick is a pretty good indication they didn't like him. Look you can spinn it all you like, the fact is the Phins have gambled more by not taking Quinn then they would have with him. To me it was one of the dumbest things I've seen in the daft in a very long time, but who knows, I could be wrong. :rolleyes2

No, all that means is they liked Ginn more, not that they didn't like Quinn. You can keep spinning this any way you want, the FO chose the guy they wanted and thought was a better fit.

Ginn is more of a playmaker than Bethel Johnson was.

Johnson's speed was absolutely incredible (I think I heard he ran a 4.1 or something at his pro day) but his problems were route running, intelligence, injuries and toughness. Johnson is proof that speed means squat if you don't have the rest of the things it takes to be a wide reciever.

I think Ginn was definitely a reach at 9, and while the two do have the speed thing in common, I think it would be wise to give him some time to actually play before we declare him as much of a failure as Bethel Johnson.

Johnson's speed was absolutely incredible (I think I heard he ran a 4.1 or something at his pro day) but his problems were route running, intelligence, injuries and toughness. Johnson is proof that speed means squat if you don't have the rest of the things it takes to be a wide reciever.

I think Ginn was definitely a reach at 9, and while the two do have the speed thing in common, I think it would be wise to give him some time to actually play before we declare him as much of a failure as Bethel Johnson.

:clap:

:goodpost:

To retend the picks have no baring on on another is just foolish, the Phins passed on a major need because they didn't like the player. Now we get to find out if they where right or not.

Last time I checked, they filled the need with a QB that they had rated higher. How does that mean the passed on a major need?

The QBs drafted this year will be compared to each other just the way other the QBs in other QB heavy drafts are compared.

Last time I checked, they filled the need with a QB that they had rated higher. How does that mean the passed on a major need?

The QBs drafted this year will be compared to each other just the way other the QBs in other QB heavy drafts are compared.

Where was it ever said by any coach or FO worker that we had Beck rated higher?

Thats the gamble, but many of your fellow phin fans seem to think passing on Quinn was no gamble at all. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom