The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 166 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Be honest Red Sox fans, how many of you thought you would be in third place on September 26th before the season started?

I don't think any of us did eventhough most of the experts picked them to first 3rd.

But honestly I could care less what place they first. If they don't make the playoffs its a terrible year.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Be honest Red Sox fans, how many of you thought you would be in third place on September 26th before the season started?

I thought we would take the division...it's disappointing.

Looks like Matt Clement's Red Sox days are over. His shoulder is apparently really messed up and he had surgery today. No word on what was exactly wrong though.

Also I hope Theo and the FO is watching tonight's game and specifically Nixon. The guy crashed to balls yet couldn't even reach the warning track with the fly ball outs. The guy is cooked. Wily Mo might not be the answer but I'll take him over Nixon.

Ray Finkle said:
Looks like Matt Clement's Red Sox days are over. His shoulder is apparently really messed up and he had surgery today. No word on what was exactly wrong though.

Also I hope Theo and the FO is watching tonight's game and specifically Nixon. The guy crashed to balls yet couldn't even reach the warning track with the fly ball outs. The guy is cooked. Wily Mo might not be the answer but I'll take him over Nixon.

Clement isn't even worth talking about.. The Carl Pavano of the redsox that can't pitch.. Nixon is much to injury prone, and I too will go with Willy Mo, who I hope isn't gonna get hurt every 10-15 games..

Well the season is officially over today, nice little win today too. A very disappointing season at that but it was great talking Sox ball once again with you guys: Green Monster, Patsy, Rocky, Press Coverage, RI, and whoever else I forgot I apologize. I can't wait for the offseason to start so we can continue the Sox talk. April can't come soon enough.

Ray Finkle said:
Well the season is officially over today, nice little win today too. A very disappointing season at that but it was great talking Sox ball once again with you guys: Green Monster, Patsy, Rocky, Press Coverage, RI, and whoever else I forgot I apologize. I can't wait for the offseason to start so we can continue the Sox talk. April can't come soon enough.

it was a tough season but we have a bright future with some great young arms. Can't wait to see what happens in the off-season.

Red Sox GM Theo Epstein confirmed Sunday that Jonathan Papelbon would enter spring training as a starting pitcher.

Rotation of Schilling, Beckett, Papelbon and Wakefield look good on paper. Hopefully Lester will be back but you can't count on him yet (but hopefully he's fighting the cancer and winning).

Interesting thing I heard today, how about signing Kerry Wood as a possible closer? Yeah he's never healthy but if the Sox can't land Gagne or Lidle I'd take a chance on him considering the other options which aren't many.

I am willing to give an live arm a chance in the Bullpen, Gagne, Wood, bring em on.. We just need anyone that can get outs in the pen, we were that bad.. I like the rotation although Schilling will not be a #1 next year and I am not sure Beckett is ready.. Lets go Paps..

GreenMonster said:
I am willing to give an live arm a chance in the Bullpen, Gagne, Wood, bring em on.. We just need anyone that can get outs in the pen, we were that bad.. I like the rotation although Schilling will not be a #1 next year and I am not sure Beckett is ready.. Lets go Paps..

Hey I say sign everyone they can to build up that pen. Gagne, Wood, Baez, Lidge, etc.

allow me to be the first person to kick up my feet, put my hands behind my head and say with utter satisfaction...

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh"

PressCoverage said:
allow me to be the first person to kick up my feet, put my hands behind my head and say with utter satisfaction...

:lol:

We have a long winter ahead of us, we shouldn't get too comfortable.

PressCoverage said:

Look who returns to this thread, where have you been the last few months?

it's football season... what more needs to be said? your team choked, my team choked...

regardless, if you miss me, i'm all around the PoFo ...

Back
Top Bottom