The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 167 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Red Sox hired a new pitching coach, here's the news per roto world:

pixel-1.gif

Red Sox named John Farrell pitching coach.

The 44-year-old Farrell could ultimately be a general manager, but for now he'll replace Dave Wallace in Boston. Farrell was 36-46 in an eight-year major league career that ended in 1996. He had spent the past five seasons as the Indians' director of player development.

I'm actually excited about this one because he's not only highly reguarded but it puts pressure on Theo. If he doesn't get the job done, bring on Farrell.

Also there's a lot of rumblings that the Sox plan to sign Mark Mulder this offseason. He hasn't been good since he was traded to St. Louis but many feel it's because he was hurt. He had the same surgery Chris Carpenter had so the Sox are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Personally I'd be a little cautious of this move but I'd rather have Mulder be the 4th or 5th start over Wakefield or Taveras. Plus there's no guarantee that Lester will be ready for Opening Day.

Ray Finkle said:
Red Sox hired a new pitching coach, here's the news per roto world:

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
Red Sox named John Farrell pitching coach.

The 44-year-old Farrell could ultimately be a general manager, but for now he'll replace Dave Wallace in Boston. Farrell was 36-46 in an eight-year major league career that ended in 1996. He had spent the past five seasons as the Indians' director of player development.

I'm actually excited about this one because he's not only highly reguarded but it puts pressure on Theo. If he doesn't get the job done, bring on Farrell.

Also there's a lot of rumblings that the Sox plan to sign Mark Mulder this offseason. He hasn't been good since he was traded to St. Louis but many feel it's because he was hurt. He had the same surgery Chris Carpenter had so the Sox are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Personally I'd be a little cautious of this move but I'd rather have Mulder be the 4th or 5th start over Wakefield or Taveras. Plus there's no guarantee that Lester will be ready for Opening Day.

I am 100% sure Mulder will get 2x more than I would be willing to give him.. Given the small pool of decent starters, the Sox will most certainly be in the mix.. I would rather still spend any money we have on the Bullpen, to me this is much worse a problem..

GreenMonster said:
I am 100% sure Mulder will get 2x more than I would be willing to give him.. Given the small pool of decent starters, the Sox will most certainly be in the mix.. I would rather still spend any money we have on the Bullpen, to me this is much worse a problem..

Oh I agree completely. Hopefully Farrell can turn Hansen around as well as Delcarmen too. Both of those guys will need to step it up next year.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
off-season scoreboard

Yankees: 0

Red Sox: -1

:lol: :sidelol:

why did they resign timlin? the guy is awful

hopefully he will be their closer

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
off-season scoreboard

Yankees: 0

Red Sox: -1

Until Arod shows up wearing #13 at Legends Field on Feb. 18th.

But you're right this was a terrible move. The only positive is that he took a pay cut.

Ray Finkle said:
Until Arod shows up wearing #13 at Legends Field on Feb. 18th.

But you're right this was a terrible move. The only positive is that he took a pay cut.

I don't get it but OK!

Back
Top Bottom