The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

Ramon Castro baby!!!
Lo Duca can take his time. Really take his time.
Does anyone think Castro becomes the full time catcher next year?
I think he can but hes failed at it before. One thing with Castro is hes lost some weight but he still has to lose more. Hes become more conscious of things happening during the course of the game something he never cared about with other teams. He was a real high draft pick though and I think the ability is there. I think next year though we could see a time share with either lo Duca or Paulino depending on costs.

I think sosa only came out of the pen because yesterday was his day to throw in between starts. I think its going to be a permanent move when pedro comes back as hes a perfect long man and has experience in that role.
I dont think hes going to be there permanently but I wouldnt mind if Pelfrey or Humber got a shot for a month cause sosa hasnt been good as a starter for about 2 months

Ah, I forgot about the throwing day thing :goof:
I don't know what to think of with this guy. The potential is right there. He's just a head case that tries to throw his way out of trouble instead of pitching. Drives me crazy.

:whew: I'm glad everyone decided to put their professional baseball player hats on after the first few innings. They looked drunk in the field for a while.
Nice to see the bats alive.

Looks like I get to see another game on Sunday too :woot:

I think he can but hes failed at it before. One thing with Castro is hes lost some weight but he still has to lose more. Hes become more conscious of things happening during the course of the game something he never cared about with other teams. He was a real high draft pick though and I think the ability is there. I think next year though we could see a time share with either lo Duca or Paulino depending on costs.

I've finally resigned myself into realizing Lo Duca's not going to regain his form. I would prefer to see Castro take the load now that he's older and more mature.

I've finally resigned myself into realizing Lo Duca's not going to regain his form. I would prefer to see Castro take the load now that he's older and more mature.
Actually this is Lo Duca's form. His career hitting wise is a model of inconsistancy. Hes had 4 seasons hes played stellar offensively and 4 or 5 not so great. He is what he is. But hes 34 or 35 now and I wouldnt give him big dollars thats for sure. Id sign him for like 2m if he was willing to time share with castro. That id do in a heartbeat but i doubt hes going to do that. It was effective for the Yanks back in the day when Girardi would catch twice a week to rest Posada or DH only.

Back
Top Bottom