Milledge CF
Wright 3B
Delgado 1B
Easley LF
Castro C
Green RF
Gotay 2B

That's a fearsome lineup. :err:

Thank God we're playing the Pirates and not a real team.

FYI to Willie Randolph: Lastings Milledge leads your team in RBI since the ASB. If you sit him, I will pimp-smack you numerous times.

my sister just called me to tell me that the mets (dont know who though) will be doing the top 10 list on the late show tonite, sorry for you eastcoasters as this already happened.
yeah, im crossing my fingers that the edge keeps it up/gets the playing time.

my sister just called me to tell me that the mets (dont know who though) will be doing the top 10 list on the late show tonite, sorry for you eastcoasters as this already happened.
yeah, im crossing my fingers that the edge keeps it up/gets the playing time.

A bunch of the mets players were around times square b/c they were attending the opening for the new J.Lo and marc anthony movie. Only reason I know this is b/c I picked up someone who had to work the opening. I guess they did some tv spots too tonight then.

Another cheap NY Muts' win. 4 1/2 inning game in the afternoon and the ump calls the game? :confused: There was plenty of time to wait this one out. Ohh, I forgot, the players must be very tired after that day/night doubleheader....we don't don't want them to get too tired out. Funny how the Phils have to play until 3 am to get their games completed. I think this is the 2nd rain shortened game that the umps have called in favor of the Muts in the past couple weeks. I am wondering if Donaghy was calling this game? :lol:

wahhhhh says the philly fan. :)

It worked out wonderfully for fantasy purposes as well: Wright gets some rbi, maine gets credit for a cg/shutout! Bada bing.

Some fun stuff I found/looked up:

Glavine 2006 WHIP by month

April- 1.12
May- 1.07
June- 1.56
July- 1.97
Aug- 1.15
Sept- 1.13

Glavine 07 WHIP by month
April- 1.22
May- 1.37
June- 1.50
July- 1.52

He didn't start as good this year, but he didn't suck as bad either (remarkably). I think that it is fair to expect that we're probably more likely to see the April/May Glavine from here on out, than the June/July version.

Catcher Mike DiFelice will be called up today after Paul Lo Duca's hamstring strain prompted the Mets to change plans from bringing back David Newhan from Triple-A New Orleans.

In a series of moves, the Mets demoted Anderson Hernandez between games of yesterday's doubleheader to clear room for nightcap starter Mike Pelfrey, who then was returned to New Orleans

Some funny stuff: http://milledgefacts.blogspot.com/

Ok Mets fans, its time for a game. Remember how some of you wanted Zito so bad you were willing to give up Milledge + at last years trade deadline? Well guess which 2 pitchers these stats belonged to before friday?

Pitcher A: Pitcher B:
18 games 20 games
98 innings 117 innings
104 hits allowed 113 hits allowed
56 runs allowed 71 runs
12 hr 14 hr
48 BB 54 BB
34 K 78 K
5 win 7 win
7 losses 10 losses
1.55 whip 1.43 whip
2.79 BAA 252 BAA
5.05 ERA 5.00 ERA

Just keep it in mind next time you want a bigtime FA and why Im hesitant to pursue pitchers with hefty longterm contracts. :wink:

Only reason I bring this up is cause Steve Phillips keeps saying we need another starting pitcher when in fact we have maine and ollie with era's under 3 and el duque at 3.02 with Glavine's best still to come and Pedro returning.

Well, there's no doubt the Zito signing didn't work as intended. Personally, I thought the Giants were insane for giving him that many years, but I thought he'd at least be good for the first few.

Teixiera to the Braves, and we're in trouble. Presumably, he replaces the dreadful Scott Thorman at first; that's a massive upgrade. Man, we need a healthy Carlos Beltran in the worst way right now.

oh come on, too good to post that in the mets thread?

oh i see, its all about the fin dollars... i see i see. :)

Back
Top Bottom