The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

I'm liking Gotay at 2nd base, I think we just need an outfield bat, and Lastings, while his average was not great before tonight, has had some big hits.

And Omar loves Gomez and won't trade him
Lastings is starting to heat up...thats 3 straight 2 hit games including tonight and like 6 for his last 13. Go Lastings! Take one of those starting spots! Make Green and Alou fight for playing time. :kick:

Lastings is starting to heat up...thats 3 straight 2 hit games including tonight and like 6 for his last 13. Go Lastings! Take one of those starting spots! Make Green and Alou fight for playing time. :kick:

That's what I would do, let Green play against rightys and Alou against lefties or righties he hits well.

shoot, if alou comes back and hits the way he did down the stretch last year for SF poor green wont have a chance to play. Ya, im not that upset at the thought :)

shoot, if alou comes back and hits the way he did down the stretch last year for SF poor green wont have a chance to play. Ya, im not that upset at the thought :)

That's what I was thinking too. Alou's production is HoF worthy when he's in the lineup. Then again, a platoon might just keep him from spending the next 2 1/2 months on the DL.

So alou hurt himself swinging the bat in his last at bat in rehab.

Mike Francesa on WFAN joked that if he were a horse they would have laid him to rest already LOL...funniest thing fatty has said in years.

So alou hurt himself swinging the bat in his last at bat in rehab.

Mike Francesa on WFAN joked that if he were a horse they would have laid him to rest already LOL...funniest thing fatty has said in years.

Funny, but sad as hell.
I remember thinking we'd be lucky to get 100 games out of him (and that didn't please me). He's not going to sniff 100 now.

Good job by Glavine tonight. ...#299! braves series coming up at shea in early august and only 1 start in between...it sure would be nice if he got #299 against Chipper, Andruw and them boys.

heilman looks to be in his second half swing as usual....i swear hes like jekyl and hyde. A different pitcher in the second half of the year as his plits indicate over the past 3 years.

Juicy tidbit: Grudz possibly heading to shea....
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/07/grudzielanek-le.html

also Milledge another 2/4 with a double and a run up to 282. platoon time for greenie and alou in a corner of spot.

Nice to see Dukie snap out with 2 2 run doules

Good job by Glavine tonight. ...#299! braves series coming up at shea in early august and only 1 start in between...it sure would be nice if he got #299 against Chipper, Andruw and them boys.

heilman looks to be in his second half swing as usual....i swear hes like jekyl and hyde. A different pitcher in the second half of the year as his plits indicate over the past 3 years.

Man, I almost hope he gets it next time out. I don't think Glavine fares so well against Atl. I want the pressure off his shoulders by then. But, it would be sweet.

Grudz? I didn't even think of him, probably because he's been in the league as long as Biggio :rolleyes:
I didn't realize that he was still a very productive hitter. I'm really starting to like Gotay, and I don't want to give up prospects for a 37, or so, year old 2nd baseman.

I never thought I'd see Lastings play like this for the Mets. I completely resigned myself to seeing him tear it up after we traded him. Too many top prospects failed in NY only to prosper elsewhere, and I was convinced Milledge was going to join the list. Being wrong can be so sweet :kick:

Glavine isn't going to be pitching against atlanta when they come to town. They talked about it during the game last night. He is going tuesday against milwaukee, and then sunday night against the cubs.

also Milledge another 2/4 with a double and a run up to 282. platoon time for greenie and alou in a corner of spot.

Nice to see Dukie snap out with 2 2 run doules

Milledge is white-hot. I agree, leave him in the lineup until he cools off. Maybe some extra rest will help Green out. He's worthless against LHP anyway.

I'd much rather have Loretta or Belliard, but Grudz wouldn't be a bad fit, so long as he came cheap. I'm not in love with him as a #2 hitter, which is, I think, part of what the team is looking for. He doesn't take enough walks.

Fun tidbit: Grudz finished 27th in the 2003 NL MVP balloting.

I'd much rather have Loretta or Belliard, but Grudz wouldn't be a bad fit, so long as he came cheap. I'm not in love with him as a #2 hitter, which is, I think, part of what the team is looking for. He doesn't take enough walks.

Fun tidbit: Grudz finished 27th in the 2003 NL MVP balloting.
I get worried when we agree but I agree with you here. However, I guess its got to do with asking price. I heard washington was going to extend belliard though....:lol:

I get worried when we agree but I agree with you here. However, I guess its got to do with asking price. I heard washington was going to extend belliard though....:lol:

Well, if it makes you feel better, it's a very tepid agreement. I'm not thrilled about Grudz. :)

Washington did extend Belliard, but it's only a 2 year extension for $3.5M, and so there's some question whether it would really hold up a trade. Presumably, the Nationals would have to get his permission, but I doubt that would be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom