The 2008 NHL Playoff thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2008 NHL Playoff thread

I'm watching most of the time either way. Crosby is amazing and great but the NHL needs to market Ovechkin as much as possible. Soccer is not my thing and I think most casual American fans feel the same way about the NHL. Though I think if guys like Ronaldhino were on all the time in the US people would watch more. I feel the same way about Ovechkin.

The worst thing about all this is that Malkin is just as good as both of these guys and he gets almost no credit.

Malkin has been a star the frist two games. He's making Sykora look like a 60 goal scorer this playoffs

The worst thing about all this is that Malkin is just as good as both of these guys and he gets almost no credit.

Malkin has been a star the frist two games. He's making Sykora look like a 60 goal scorer this playoffs
I've been saying that all year. Malkin is the secret weapon.

As far as Ovechkin goes, sure he got 65 goals, but he took 446 shots for Gods sake. His shooting percentage is 14.6%. He's the hockey equivalent of the "chucker" in basketball. Shoots every time he touches the puck.

Malkin's was 17.3, and he had 12 more assists than Ovie. And Crosby in 29 less games had 40 less points. I'm sure he would have equaled or passed Ovie had he stayed healthy.

Ovechkin's great, but the NHL is doing the right thing marketing Crosby, and I'm not saying this cause he plays for my team. If they were smart, they'd market Sid and Geno as a tandem.

I agree. Though as great as he's going to be if he's on a team with Crosby he'll be over-shadowed. If Washington didn't make the playoffs I think Malkin should've been MVP. Though if Fleury develops and Staal develops Pittsburgh is going to have some tough decisions in the future.

No disrespect to little people but I got excited watching Gerbe in the frozen four. Though he is a midget. I don't know if anyone in the NHL is 5'5.

WOW what a game in Calgary tonight

I got home from the dome a short while ago and I still have no voice left.

Also the Flames coming back from a 3-0 deficit against teh potent sharks is quite impressive.

Sarich with a monster hit that changed the outcome of the game.

The guy dressed up at the start of the Senators/Penquins game is the most ridiculous thing i've seen.

cant believe the flames even had a chance to win that game last night... they were outshot by what 25 shots or something? insanity...

Sharks will get it back together and win i think... Wings need to stop messing around and win tonight, they dont wanna let the Preds think they are in this series by evening it up...

The Ottawa Senators are a joke, Pittsburgh should be ashamed at anything LESS than a sweep.

I can't stand the Sen's,but they're hardly a joke.They lost 2 of their best players right before the playoffs,Mike Fisher is the heart of that team.The Pens just look like they're that much faster...Can't blame Gerber,he's doin' his part.(Where's Heatley?)

Back
Top Bottom