The 2022 Running Back Debate | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2022 Running Back Debate

Im not a fan of waiting for round 4 to take our RB. Main reason is, everyone knows we need a RB and teams can trade up and swipe him as moving up that late is fairly cheap. Then we end up with no RB.
I'm all for drafting a RB in round 2 and 4.
I agree. Swing earlier. Possibly even at #29, or with a slight trade down. I do like the idea of doubling up, though.

Duke can definitely be a #2 or #3 back

I would love to go into the season with a 2nd round pick, Duke, Lindsay, Gaskin, Ahmed, Laird and even a possible FA pickup compete for 4 spots.

Over rated Pats Defense. Gotcha.
What's your excuse for Duke's 7 ypc vs the Titans? Their D is overrated too?
7 carries for 49 yards in that Titans game, that is hardly a large enough sample to be worth mentioning..He had 330 yards for Miami, 224 were in the Pats and Jets games so I don't know what we are talking about here.

You seem to think i was criticizing Johnson, I don't know why you would think that but I wasn't.

As to the Pat's D, did you see how the played against the few decent offenses they faced?

Hell, in the last game against Miami they gave up tons of rushing yards and Miami was 31st in rushing yards.

So yes, the Pat's d was overrated.

Im not a fan of waiting for round 4 to take our RB. Main reason is, everyone knows we need a RB and teams can trade up and swipe him as moving up that late is fairly cheap. Then we end up with no RB.
I'm all for drafting a RB in round 2 and 4.

There is no way Id spend one of our first two picks on a running back. We have just two picks in top 99 basically. Great wideouts will go ahead of running backs.

I agree. Swing earlier. Possibly even at #29, or with a slight trade down. I do like the idea of doubling up, though.

I think we'd also have to consider who our HC is when this decision is made. If we get Mike Mcdaniel I highly doubt he'd consider taking a RB so early.

I think we'd also have to consider who our HC is when this decision is made. If we get Mike Mcdaniel I highly doubt he'd consider taking a RB so early.
Right. They've had tremendous success in the later rounds with running backs.

There is no way Id spend one of our first two picks on a running back. We have just two picks in top 99 basically. Great wideouts will go ahead of running backs.
You dont have much value on RBs and neither did we for a decade and thats why our running game sucks so badly. I hope Grier doesnt share your view on the subject.

You dont have much value on RBs and neither did we for a decade and thats why our running game sucks so badly. I hope Grier doesnt share your view on the subject.

I dont think so. I think it's because we drafted Gaskins and signed guys like Ahmed. That's not good enough. Alabama would not have those two running the ball. for example.

There is 2 RBs I like a lot that are mid to late round guys and they have complimentary skill sets. Dameon Pierce from Florida, he’s a one cut power back, short stout frame, and is a passionate angry runner. And then James Cook from Georgia. Cook gives me some Alvin Kamara vibes, shifty, quicker than fast, good reviver. I think those 2 guys could give you a nice 1-2 punch. Resign Duke to go with them and let everyone else battle for last spot

There is 2 RBs I like a lot that are mid to late round guys and they have complimentary skill sets. Dameon Pierce from Florida, he’s a one cut power back, short stout frame, and is a passionate angry runner. And then James Cook from Georgia. Cook gives me some Alvin Kamara vibes, shifty, quicker than fast, good reviver. I think those 2 guys could give you a nice 1-2 punch. Resign Duke to go with them and let everyone else battle for last spot

I can't really see 2 RB's added to Duke, Lindsay, Gaskin, Ahmed, Laird, Brown, Doaks plus the inevitability that we add a cheap vet.

If we can add a Walker, Hall, Cook - Duke/Lindsay turn into a top notch 2-3 and the rest fight to see who the best pass blocker/short yard guy is

Back
Top Bottom