The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year.

We will catch up with these teams just wait and see
Why wait?

Oh, we need better players, and we need better coaches, and we need a better GM, and we need a better owner.

It's a miracle we made the playoffs the last two years in a row.
Or maybe not? - LOL

Wilkins 9 sacks

2x vs NE
.5 vs Giants
2x vs Carolina
2.5x vs Jets
1 vs Titans
1 vs Bills

🤷‍♂️
What I see there is 6.5 of his 9 sacks bs teams with horrific offensive lines in 2023.

The window is open. Bite the bullet and find a way to keep the majority of the talent, especially Wilkins.

That opens the door for net gains in the draft and with bargain hunting in free agency.

I might explore moving up for Bowers.
I am starting to think it might be best to let Wilkins leave. Can we really afford to invest over $20M annually on a DT? As good as he is he really is not a game wrecker like Donald in his prime and Jones.

If we can move up for Bowers and somehow keep our 2nd round pick this year and our 1st round pick next year then I would consider that.

I would be surprised if he drops below the mid teens.

Get a competent playcaller. Seems like the Shanahan types do not win the big game. McDaniel needs to relinquish his play calling IMO. Also, if I am DC Weaver, I tell my players that if a QB Scrambles, Kiko Alonso them.

I was talking a co worker and I am tired of seeing QB's fake slide and get more yards. It's not fair and puts the defense in a tough spot. I am all for protecting QB's in the pocket, but if they run, fair game.

Get a competent playcaller. Seems like the Shanahan types do not win the big game. McDaniel needs to relinquish his play calling IMO. Also, if I am DC Weaver, I tell my players that if a QB Scrambles, Kiko Alonso them.

I was talking a co worker and I am tired of seeing QB's fake slide and get more yards. It's not fair and puts the defense in a tough spot. I am all for protecting QB's in the pocket, but if they run, fair game.
News flash. coach ain't be relinquishing anything except those God awful pants he wears during games.

Fan in me says enjoy the offense, maybe we can eek a playoff win to break the drought…. Couch GM in me says trade Tyreek and build through the draft.

I don’t see us winning SB next season when our #22 ranked defense likely loses Wilkins and X, and Phillips & Chubb returning from major injuries.

Tyreek Hill only counted $6M and $12M against cap the past 2 season. He jumps to $30+M for each of the next 2 seasons. He’s individually worth that but fact is we’ll have to jettison good players to accommodate his cap now. That’s why he essentially has 2 years of trade value before he turns 32 in 2026 with a monster $56M cap hit or $45M savings if cut. He’s not making it to the last season of the contract.

best move we could make is to find a different GM

Definitely not.

Some of you seem to be suffering from selective amnesia and forget where this franchise was back in 2019 (and earlier). They had losing records in 10 out of the previous 11 seasons.

The past 4 seasons, however, have all been winning seasons. A 39-28 record. As opposed to 77-99.

Last season was the best record since 2008.

That's a pretty stark contrast and turnaround. And a lot of that has to do with Grier's personnel decisions.

Let's not forget the Tunsil trade which has continued to benefit the Dolphins even to this day. Further, this team arguably has the best offensive weapon the franchise has ever fielded and its best QB since Dan Marino -- who just led the league in passing yards and was top 5 in numerous categories.

Those two players are in Miami due to Grier. So are Jaylen Waddle, Jaelan Phillips, Jevon Holland, Jalen Ramsey, and numerous other impact players that have helped develop the Dolphins into a winning program. Lastly, let's not forget Grier being responsible for the current HC. Someone that has started off with 2 winning seasons and 2 postseason appearances thus far and trending where no other Dolphins HC has this millenium, sans Dave Wannstedt.

Back
Top Bottom