The Bleach Report has the Phins Drafting | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bleach Report has the Phins Drafting

Spiller's skillset is a combination of Marshall Faulk and Chris Johnson, he would be a considerable upgrade in the passing game. Having a RB that is capable of having a 700+ yards receiving in any given year will help any receiving core.

Think back to the 1999 Rams, having Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt made them a very good passing offense, but it was Marshall Faulk that made that offense great.

I strongly disagree that we need two new starting wide receivers. Brian Hartline played only 50-70% of the snaps this season and still managed over 500 yards receiving and 3 receiving touchdowns (+1 rushing TD). Hartline may never be that 1,500 yard/15 TD WR everyone wants, but there's no reason he can't be a very good #2 WR for a long time to come. For someone that's 6'2, he's got better quickness and speed than your typical "possession WR" and he can also get yards after the catch. Hartline is a keeper at WR.

I think we have our long-term #3 as well. Bess is one of the better slot receivers in the NFL.

As for needing a "#1 WR", completely agree. However, if Spiller is the BPA, we better pick him or trade down.

Not true. A RB averaging 10 yards per reception catching 80% of the passes coming his way will help a quarterback's YPA (not to mention completion %) more than a WR averaging 13 yards per reception catching 60% of the passes coming his way.

Where would the Titans be if they passed up Chris Johnson because they had bigger "needs". There were a lot of critics that hated the Chris Johnson pick, because Vince Young "needed a WR".

agree on all counts.

the success of players like chris johnson and harvin this year are going to make spiller a hot commodity. If he's there at twelve i wouldn't be upset if they took him, but i think the most feasible thing would be to try to bait a team into trading picks for him. It's really a crapshoot to try and figure out if spiller is a "parcells" guy. Who would of thought he would want to draft a player like pat white or even terry glenn a decade ago. Just remember he produced for 4 years in college so he bit as a pup which is one of the many requirements for parcells. Whatever happens i trust they'll do the right thing with their 1st pick, Jake Long and Vontae Davis can vouch for that.

Back
Top Bottom