The Bucs are a Dumpster Fire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bucs are a Dumpster Fire

From the outside, although Schiano and Philbin both seem to be no-nonsense HCs, the difference is that Schiano comes off as a heavy-handed buffoon with no accumulated NFL capital to play off while Coach Joe engenders respect through both his calm, dignified demeanor and credentials as a SB-winning OC. When a superstar like Aaron Rodgers attributes much of his personal and professional growth to Philbin, whether an autocrat or not, you know there's an underlying humanism.

I really don't see a "my way or the highway" bull in a china shop (to coin a few cliches) like Schiano lasting too long in a league where most everyone he's bullying are grown men and millionaire$. Especially with no hardware. Sort of the "Saban Syndrome" all over again.

From the outside, although Schiano and Philbin both seem to be no-nonsense HCs, the difference is that Schiano comes off as a heavy-handed buffoon with no accumulated NFL capital to play off while Coach Joe engenders respect through both his calm, dignified demeanor and credentials as a SB-winning OC. When a superstar like Aaron Rodgers attributes much of his personal and professional growth to Philbin, whether an autocrat or not, you know there's an underlying humanism.

I really don't see a "my way or the highway" bull in a china shop (to coin a few cliches) like Schiano lasting too long in a league where most everyone he's bullying are grown men and millionaire$. Especially with no hardware. Sort of the "Saban Syndrome" all over again.

More alarming is how two-faced and underhanded Schiano appears. Other teams questioning Schiano's motives is one thing, but for the players to have to call a meeting to determine if a vote was rigged is another.

Saban comparison is apt.

We play the Bucs, don't we?

Definitely have to win that game.

Bucs play the Patriots, Cardinals, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, and then us(on Monday Night Football, excellent). And then they play the Falcons again.

Legitimate chance that team starts out 1-9. Only the Panthers seem beatable for them, and they are dealing with their own problems.

It's funny but I'm totally with Jets fans on the whole Revis thing. I thought Darrelle was talking about the 'family atmosphere' in Tampa and kept saying that his 'team' had determined that Tampa Bay was the best place for him to play.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy. Not one.

It's funny but I'm totally with Jets fans on the whole Revis thing. I thought Darrelle was talking about the 'family atmosphere' in Tampa and kept saying that his 'team' had determined that Tampa Bay was the best place for him to play.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy. Not one.

He wasn't derisively referred to as "MEvis" for a couple of years by some of the more objective jets fans without justification.

I see Mike Glennon taking over sooner rather than later. The rift between Freeman and Schiano isn't going to end nicely.

PS Schiano sucks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mike Glennon sucks too. He was drafted for his size and arm at the position, not for his ability to play the game. I'm not sure he'd be much more useless than Freeman right now though.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have decided to bench quarterback Josh Freeman for rookie Mike Glennon, according to league sources.

The Bucs are making the change now because they feel it is beneficial for Glennon with the bye week coming after Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals, team sources told ESPN. He can start this week, then have two weeks for the coaches to review his performance and make corrections before the Bucs play the Philadelphia Eagles on Oct. 13.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9720203/tampa-bay-buccaneers-bench-josh-freeman-mike-glennon

Terrible team is terrible.

Josh Freeman lost his starting job in Tampa Bay earlier this week. Now, he might not even have a spot on the active roster.

The Buccaneers may scratch Freeman from the lineup for Sunday’s game with Arizona, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reported. If that’s the decision, Dan Orlovsky would back up rookie starter Mike Glennon.

According to both Stroud and Bucs insider Jenna Laine, the catalyst behind Freeman’s latest potential demotion may have been an interview Freeman conducted with ESPN on Thursday, which Laine reported “wasn’t authorized by the Bucs”.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/27/josh-freeman-inactive-buccaneers-cardinals/?sct=nfl_t2_a3

One of the first quarterbacks Tampa Bay focused on was then-Oakland quarterback Carson Palmer. He was capable enough to get Tampa Bay to the playoffs, but expendable enough that Oakland was willing to part ways with him.
Tampa planned it out. It had extensive talks to try to get a trade done. A deal was within its grasp, so much so that the Buccaneers believed Palmer would be theirs.

And just when the Buccaneers thought they would land him, the Cardinals stepped in and made an offer the Raiders could not refuse. Arizona, not Tampa, got the trade done.

In the end, one of Palmer's agents, Dave Dunn, helped steer his client to Arizona instead of Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers felt jilted, betrayed. It did not play particularly well in their training facility. And the Buccaneers had little choice but to find their new emergency backup quarterback, North Carolina State's Mike Glennon, in the third round of the draft.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...lan-buccaneers-envisioned-adam-schefter-blitz

:sidelol:

This is ridiculous. A starting quarterback was benched, so of course the media was asking his opinion on the matter, this happens all the time in the NFL. But apparently that cant happen in Tampa. And way to build trust Schiano, try and trade for veteran starting quarterback. Just cut him already.

Greg Schiano is a joke.

Most people in Tampa seem to think both Freeman and Schiano are a joke. In the end, those on the team or close to the team weren't near as surprised by this move as those not paying close attention to things. A lot of events where Freeman didn't come out in the best light weren't made a big deal of or latched on by national media.

Most people in Tampa seem to think both Freeman and Schiano are a joke. In the end, those on the team or close to the team weren't near as surprised by this move as those not paying close attention to things. A lot of events where Freeman didn't come out in the best light weren't made a big deal of or latched on by national media.

Theres no doubt Freeman hasnt responded well to whats been going on. He hasnt stepped up to the challenge on or off the field.

But at the same time, a coaches job is to put their quarterback into the best position to succeed, not go to war against them. Schiano arrived and decided he was going to make Freeman's life difficult. Why did he decide to do this? 'Cause. Not to mention all the rumors of him attempting to undermine Dominik and the level of mistrust his players seem to have for him.

I dont see very much media bias(which has quickly become the number 1 subject on this forum). But then again, i consider trying to trade for another quarterback behind your supposed franchise QB's back to be a bigger deal then missing a team photo.

Back
Top Bottom