The Bucs are a Dumpster Fire | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bucs are a Dumpster Fire

Is it me or does this sort of remind you (just a little) of the Saban tenure ? Now that Freeman has been released, I wonder where he will go? Since teams are not on the hook for the high salary and picks, I think there will be teams interested, assuming they haven't been scared away by the supposed attitude and "leaked" step 1 status. I'd be interested in bringing him in with the phins if I didn't think it would create an unnecessary stink in the press and locker room. That's why I'm pretty sure we won't touch him. Jax or Minn would be stupid not to look at him, but I think they are maybe looking towards the draft already.

Not really. Saban was made fun of and disliked a lot by the press because he tried to control them like you can in college. The only issue Saban had while coach was going with Culpepper. And I don't mean choosing him over Brees, I think people forget how much of a problem child he ended up being for the organization that season with skipping meetings and not going to rehab for his knee after he struggled (Cam Cameron made situations a lot worse the next offseason).

Anyways, despite throwing 2 TDs, Mike Glennon showed why he's not going to be a good NFL QB. He even gets a hint that pressure is coming he panics on the throw

Anyways, despite throwing 2 TDs, Mike Glennon showed why he's not going to be a good NFL QB. He even gets a hint that pressure is coming he panics on the throw

I'm not a fan of Glennon's, but he was a lot better than he thought I would be yesterday. He was decisive with the football and threw tight passes that were much more accurate than Freeman's ever were. He definitely made a mistake on the interception, but it wasn't that much different than Tannehill's first interception versus the Saints.

And yes, you'll notice I used the word men. That's because I've spoken to enough people who've played for Schiano during his two NFL seasons to conclude that he treats his players like children, which is a major reason he has lost his locker room.

"How bad is it there? It's worse than you can imagine," says one NFL player who spent 2012 with the Bucs. "It's like being in Cuba."

Several current Bucs players describe a similarly bleak environment in which the all-powerful, unyielding Schiano spews tone-deaf platitudes while demonstrating the personal charm of "Homeland" character Nicholas Brody....

Last year, Schiano alienated many of his players and staff members with tantrums like the one I described on "NFL GameDay Morning" last month. According to a current Bucs player -- in an account corroborated by another witness -- Schiano became enraged during a practice late in the 2012 season when special teams coach Bob Ligashesky walked onto the wrong area of the practice field during a drill.

Instead of merely telling Ligashesky to watch where he walked, Schiano launched into a loud tirade and threatened to fire him if he repeated the mistake.
When Ligashesky was let go following the season, it was hard not to draw a connection between the tantrum and that decision.

"I think he just wants to flex his power," Bennett says. "He has small (man's) syndrome. I still talk to guys who are there, and trust me, there's not much respect for him in that locker room."

Schiano lost some respect during the summer of 2012 when, during joint workouts with the New England Patriots, he demonstrated a reverence for his friend and apparent idol, Pats coach Bill Belichick, that Bucs players found alarming.

"He gathered us before we practiced and told us that if Belichick said something to us on the field, we should listen," one current Bucs player recalls. "He said, 'Treat their coaches like they're your coaches.' We were like, 'Huh?' When we practiced together, whatever Belichick wanted, he did. It was hilarious -- here (Schiano) is, acting like Mr. Tough Guy all the time, and when Belichick wanted something, he was like, 'Yes, Bill.' "

Bennett, who laughs at the recollection, put it this way: "He's trying to be Belichick. Yeah, some people think Belichick's an (expletive), but he's a legend. When this guy acts that way, it's a whole different deal."

Now that Bennett has relocated to the Pacific Northwest, where Pete Carroll runs an unfailingly upbeat operation, the defensive end truly appreciates the difference in leadership styles.

"It's lovely here," Bennett says. "I can't even explain to people how it is here, compared to Tampa. They wouldn't believe me."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ng-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style

Yup, gonna have to watch the game tonight. It might be Schiano's last.

The Bucs are just terrible.

What is it with Florida and crappy football teams?

It was only a matter of time before somebody on that team said something as candid as Revis did. Freeman actually could have done it if he weren't such a nice guy. A source close to the situation said Freeman had legitimate reasons to bash Schiano on his way out of the organization, and yet he chose to be diplomatic in his exit. The most explosive comment Freeman made was delivered to ESPN's Josina Anderson, when the quarterback said a trade would the "best option" for him.

Freeman could have gone into more details that the source says happened behind the scenes. Those include: (1) Schiano's openly suspecting him of having a drug problem; (2) Schiano's deactivating Freeman before a Week 4 loss to Arizona -- after rookie Mike Glennon had been promoted to the starting job -- and then sending a security guard to Freeman's personal suite just minutes before kickoff to make sure the quarterback watched the game from a different suite with other inactive players; and (3) Schiano's telling Freeman to leave a team meeting to meet with Bucs general manager Mark Dominik, who promptly told Freeman that Schiano didn't want Freeman in the meeting. That incident became national news when teammates wondered why Freeman didn't join them for that session.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...ch-greg-schiano-lost-team-fractured-franchise

Unreal. Theres more in there, but the bold is just...:lol:

LOL @ the Bucs coaching staff coming to the stunning revelation that Revis should be used in more man coverage and less zone. :bobdole:

Back
Top Bottom