The case against Landry | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The case against Landry

If he continues to make his living in the middle, or short flank it's just a matter of time before some LB or DT puts him in LaLa land. Maybe permanently. He's not big enough to keep taking hits like he does with out being broken. In addition to his other shortcomings, you want to have pay for that too? I love his fire, I just can't see overpaying for a guy that is sometimes a knuckle head. That was my point about OV too. Sometimes you get a GREAT play. More often than not you get a 15 yd penalty that this team can't overcome. IMHO

“Landry plays slot receiver as well as anyone in the game, but he’s also got the ability to surprise a defense by going deep.”

-palm beach post

Nope. not with an 8 yard catch average he doesn’t. Can you really justify this dude making more than Larry Fitzgerald money? AJ Green money? Dez Bryant money. No. He simply doesn’t have the speed or size to take the top off a defense. And that’s what those players bring with those contracts. We may have the best slot receiver in the league but he’s a slot receiver. He’s not going to beat top tier corners in the league with more size and speed. He’s a YAC yards guy. Let’s wake up and smell the roses that he’s A) a 10-12 million a year guy at best or B) First round draft pick bait for a WR needy team. 14-16 mil a year butchers this team when it comes to salary cap.

First off, I'm not sure why people are saying he's asking for top receiver money I thought he was asking for a contract similar to Devante Adams in GB? Which was around 14M per year?

But Lets look at this from a football perspective. Everyone discredits Landry because he's not BIG or FAST as if being big and fast is the only way to warrant getting paid at the WR position. Why is Landry the post targeted WR in football and thus has the most catches? BECAUSE HE'S USUALLY THE ONLY WR THAT'S OPEN.

Why is he the one that gets most of the WR screen calls? BECAUSE HE'S BETTER AT YAC THAN ANYONE ELSE ON THE ROSTER. He can make people miss, he can run guys over etc..
Why does the WR sceen rarely work for big plays? Because our WR (Stills, Grant, Caroo, Parker) couldn't hold a block in their lives depended on it. And Landry usually has to dodge 3-4 tacklers just to get 2-3 yards.
Landry brings a lot to the table other than Speed and Size that's very valuable to a team. Who says he CAN'T run deeper routes? He just isn't asked to do so that often because we have faster guys that are better suited for those occasional routes.
How many times does a team throw deep (over 40 yards) in any given game? 3-4 times maybe? Compare that to the number of underneath passes that are thrown.. YOU CAN NOT SUSTAIN AN OFFENSE ON DEEP PASSES ALONE. SOMEBODY HAS TO RUN THE UNDERNEATH ROUTES TO MOVE THE CHAINS. AND LANDRY IS THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE AT IT.

When your offensive line can't hold a block long enough to throw down field.... you better have someone that can get open and we have that but we want to let him go. MADNESS. I don't think any team will pay him 16-17 mil a season so I'm not worried about that. But someone will pay him Davante Adams type money 13-14 a year.

enough already. yo Juice, wanna be paid top git? go somewheres else like Cleveland.

same has to be for all our overpayed-overpriced players. Bank of Bulls**t Contracts needs to close. just bcuz you have f-u money Boss Ross, doesn’t mean shoveling it down a rathole will fish you out a championship. and anybody in your FO telling you it will... can their azz too!

sns

Landry is far from the teams best player, just stop with that nonsense.

Who is then? If you say Tannehill I'm gonna throw up in my mouth. The only other one I could think of is Suh but his contract his so much worse which still justifies giving Landry a contract in my opinion. If we resign Landry, though, we're gonna need to shed some of these other awful contracts. Branch, Timmons, Thomas, and Suh (restructure) all come to mind.

Back
Top Bottom