The case against Landry | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The case against Landry

If the Fins decide and rightfully so that he is not worth the amount he thinks he is then how do they look like morons if he signs elsewhere? It's called being responsible with your salary cap.

I don't believe for a second that he signs for less just to play with a certain QB when we have a good one returning in Tannehill. It's all about the money for Landry not who throws to him.
You beat me to this response, well said.

If the Fins decide and rightfully so that he is not worth the amount he thinks he is then how do they look like morons if he signs elsewhere? It's called being responsible with your salary cap.

I don't believe for a second that he signs for less just to play with a certain QB when we have a good one returning in Tannehill. It's all about the money for Landry not who throws to him.
Imagine if Landry had been playing with a decent QB the last few years? He would probably be catching 90-100 passes a year and going to a couple of pro bowls..Imagine? Oh wait, NEVERMIND

His agent only having a few players is not a bad thing. If anything, as a player, I'd be inclined to look at agents who only represent a few people, because that means they have more time available to devote to promoting me and landing the best deals possible for me.

I think the bigger issue here is that his agent just threw a live hand grenade at Mama Bear Gase and his quarterback cub room.
Why did i think of Jerry Maguire when i read this reply....."SHOW ME THE MONEY"

Point me in tbe direction of where juices agent attacked his teammates and qb.

If he’s having to justify his 8.8 ypc by saying the qb is the reason well he’d be justified

I strongly disliked the team's decision to attack Landry in the press, because it felt like they were throwing a hit piece on him to either drive down his price in free agency or prepare the fan base for a favorite player leaving the team.

I even more strongly dislike Landry's agent attacking his teammates. It's one thing for him to fire back at the front office (fair, justified, and necessary considering the circumstances), but to drag his fellow offensive players into it is just lame. Not just the quarterback, but when you say that your client has done a lot with a little, isn't that pretty much just taking a dump on the other 10 guys?

Last edited:
If slot receiver production is so critical to our offense that we have to spend that kind of money on it, something is wrong.

Jarvis is a fine receiver but he's not OBJ, regardless of how much he behaves like he is.

No what butchers this team are contracts for :
Kiko
branch
Wake
Pouncey
James
Thomas
Suh
Tannehill
And bad draft picks like Tunsil (a guard), Parker, Harris and Dion Jordan

The one person that has been productive and done what the team has asked, you dont want? Then when he goes to NE and tortures us for the next 7-8 years, you will cry about that too

THIS! How do you guys justify those horrible contracts but balk at the idea of giving our best player one?

its a lose - lose situation with Landry. If we pay up the money he wants then we wont be able to address other needs and our offense would still be focus around a slot WR instead of a true #1 WR and we would be in cap hell. And we all know what kind of player we will be losing if we let him walk, one of the best slot WR's and a great blocking WR and the heart of soul of our offense.

I love Landry but I just don't see us being able to workout a deal and I think it would be for the best to let him walk BUT they better use that money to sign a Guard and/or tackle and not continue use high draft picks on unproven players to fix the O-line. That hasn't worked for us and we need more young talent on defense.

So Landry was one of the players not studying or knowing assignments... Why the heck don't you bench him to send message?!
.....because he could've become a bigger distraction during the season. You want a message sent......they probably won't resign him.

Landry is the heart and soul of this team, offensively, and has been since he arrived. However, to make top 5 money, you have to have the ability to get behind the defense, and he just doesn't have that. If he was involved in a 15 yard play this year, it was usually a 15 yard penalty against him. He's an outstanding component for any offense, but the position he plays (slot), doesn't command that kind of cash. It's the reason offensive tackles make more than guards. If he won't accept what we can feel good about offering, provided it's fair, I will never blame this franchise for moving on.

THIS! How do you guys justify those horrible contracts but balk at the idea of giving our best player one?

None of those contracts are justifiable. 14-16mil a year would be status quo for this Franchise though. And then terms like "pissing blood" will be used over and over and over again.

None of those contracts are justifiable. 14-16mil a year would be status quo for this Franchise though. And then terms like "pissing blood" will be used over and over and over again.

I'm beginning to think there is no 'case' One way or the other. Sounds more and more like a bitter divorce

Back
Top Bottom