The case against Landry | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The case against Landry

“Landry plays slot receiver as well as anyone in the game, but he’s also got the ability to surprise a defense by going deep.”

-palm beach post

Nope. not with an 8 yard catch average he doesn’t. Can you really justify this dude making more than Larry Fitzgerald money? AJ Green money? Dez Bryant money. No. He simply doesn’t have the speed or size to take the top off a defense. And that’s what those players bring with those contracts. We may have the best slot receiver in the league but he’s a slot receiver. He’s not going to beat top tier corners in the league with more size and speed. He’s a YAC yards guy. Let’s wake up and smell the roses that he’s A) a 10-12 million a year guy at best or B) First round draft pick bait for a WR needy team. 14-16 mil a year butchers this team when it comes to salary cap.
When has Landry ever gone deep? I would like to resign him but his speed is limited and he’s not on the level of elite wrs

When has Landry ever gone deep? I would like to resign him but his speed is limited and he’s not on the level of elite wrs

This article shows the routes our receivers ran, how deep they were on average (pyd) and how each performed (according to their metrics). And according to the data Landry's worst route was the WR screen pass (and the play was a negative for the other recievers too), but it was the pass we used most to him. Is it his fault we kept force feeding this bad play his way?

Article is from last offseason, so data for 2016.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/jarvis-landrys-value-part-ii

Son of you guys are making sensational points. I dont want to pile on Jarvis here and I am sure a lot of other people don't either. I am a fan but at the end of the day it's a business. Even for fans.

Whoever said that this isn't personal is 100% right. Our offense can't go through Landry. He's a safety valve that I am sure most DCs lose no sleep over game planning around.

I'd rather have a good TE than the best slot WR in the NFL.

This article shows the routes our receivers ran, how deep they were on average (pyd) and how each performed (according to their metrics). And according to the data Landry's worst route was the WR screen pass (and the play was a negative for the other recievers too), but it was the pass we used most to him. Is it his fault we kept force feeding this bad play his way?

Article is from last offseason, so data for 2016.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/jarvis-landrys-value-part-ii
Nice article but it’s been two coaching staffs and like 4 years and I’ve never seen Landry catch a deep pass. I agree the screens are terrible but probably more efficient than just handing it off to the rb. Tbh, Juice is as good as gone. He’s going to get paid and we’re not paying him. Although I do want him to stay.

So lets say for fictional purposes Landry signs for one yeat for 2 thirds (11 million) of what he is currenrly asking for of (16 million) this seaeon that most posters on this thread are implying that he should do on this thread. But in that contract it also states he is only obligated to play the first 12 games of the season. Sounds fair correct we get to see a offense without Laundry's services and he gets what he thinks he deserves in theory correct?

Unfortunately, I think you have to examine the person as part of this process. When the person starts a stupid fight that gets him and the starting tailback ejected from a game, that's a problem. When the person gets your team in 1st and 35 because he can't control himself, that's a problem. When the person is getting himself on TMZ for bad reasons during the middle of the season, that's a distraction. When the person is throwing his teammates under the bus through his agent because he's mad at the front office, that's a locker room issue.

I don't think he is a selfish person, but he's a very impulsive and petulant person at times. When you're looking at allocating a significant chunk of your team's resources to this person for an extended period of time... it HAS to be personal on some level. Trust matters.

And again, I feel like this is the sort of issue where if the Dolphins move on from Landry, fans will bash him. If the team keeps him, fans will love him. I feel like he deserves both the love and the scorn. It's all going to be personal from here on out.

I get what you're saying of course and ordinarily agree strongly. My point is simply that I personally don't even need to consider the person in this case. Even if he had the personality of a saint, I still can't justify paying that kind of money for his position barring something truly spectacular and rare. Period. So I don't even want to bother with the details [which are clearly not in his favor]. So I'm quite pleased he probably won't lower his price.

I appreciate the player and all he's given us but the business aspect of this decision is very clear cut for me. And yes, I realize that some of his behavioral flaws perhaps allow me to look at his situation in this way, whereas I'd have a harder time doing it with someone like, say, Wake.

Landry’s actions this year suggest ...he had no intentions of sticking around anyways or to try and force the fins to give him a Kings ransom. And on a side note I’ve never seen Landry ever beat a man deep...I can’t recall one Time he has burned a corner on a deep route.

If we do not pay Laundry 14 per, someone will. I was watching The audible a week ago and both Bokamper and Rose said “pay the man”. I agree.
........well good for someone else, but someone else is not the Dolphins, let someone else make Landry the highest paid receiver in the league. Bokamper and Rose should know better, they are students of the game. The question is not about paying the man, the Dolphins have no problem paying him even overpaying to a certain extent to keep him here, but he wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league or damn close to it, that is not unreasonable for him to ask, but it is for the Phins to pay.

Nice post bro. At this point I am ready for him and his agent to find another team.
So would I. Does Landry really want to be here? I believe landry would play anywhere for any team that is willing to make him the highest paid WR. Article after article are talking about teams lining up to pay him if he is released.........I am not so sure about that.

It would HAVE to be a surprise for Landry to get a deep pass against any Defense. Isn't that the point? Defenses don't expect it because he cannot do it. We already have one video of him abusing a woman, that is caught by accident which tells me it is a regularity for him.

The problem I have with the agent is he attacked {Landry's teammates} the other receivers and other members of the offense including the QB who he owes a lot of his success. The article that Armando wrote was not news to most of us fans who have been paying attention. I am not a fan of negotiations in the media, however it is a totally different animal when you let your agent starts to attack his teammates. That is a line that is hard to walk back. If Landry does resign with the team he will have to have a lot of conversations with teammates to explain his agents statements.

Point me in tbe direction of where juices agent attacked his teammates and qb.

If he’s having to justify his 8.8 ypc by saying the qb is the reason well he’d be justified

It seems this is the time of year these reports come out. Article on PFT about the Steelers and Bell current contract issues, comparable to what they did when Brown's contract came up.
Yes, it's almost like the respective teams are deliberately trying to negotiate more team favorable rates by tarnishing the players.

Jarvis Landry’s free agent market will be robust as hell, and the Dolphins will be looking like absolute morons per usual.

I see him taking slightly less to play with a good QB. He would be a great in San Fran with Jimmy G.

Jarvis Landry’s free agent market will be robust as hell, and the Dolphins will be looking like absolute morons per usual.

I see him taking slightly less to play with a good QB. He would be a great in San Fran with Jimmy G.
In 2016 he played with a better than "good" QB considering Tannehill had the 4th best QBR from a clean pocket and was the 3rd most accurate deep ball passer....those are "elite" numbers! Let's finally build an OL that's at least average, not ranked in the high 20s-low 30s, let Stills do his thing and we won't have to rely on Landry's bubble passes.

If the Fins decide and rightfully so that he is not worth the amount he thinks he is then how do they look like morons if he signs elsewhere? It's called being responsible with your salary cap.

I don't believe for a second that he signs for less just to play with a certain QB when we have a good one returning in Tannehill. It's all about the money for Landry not who throws to him.

Back
Top Bottom