The Catch? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Catch?

Alex22 said:
If what was explained is what happend then yes thats right

BUT

That wasnt how it happend at all

The ball was not moving at all untill after he had already established possesion of it, and until after his knees hit the ground

Wrong, and wrong again.

The ball was moving before his knee hit the ground. I'll even go back and watch the play for you again if you want.

Plus the official explained the knee didn't matter.

RobFins2005 said:
Wrong, and wrong again.

The ball was moving before his knee hit the ground. I'll even go back and watch the play for you again if you want.

He was moving the ball

But

The ball wasnt moving

He was shifting it in his hands which is perfectly fine, after that he lost it

Alex22 said:
He was moving the ball

But

The ball wasnt moving

He was shifting it in his hands which is perfectly fine, after that he lost it

I give up. As the official explained, the knee didn't matter. If you go to the ground and lose control...it's not a catch.

"When you are going to the ground, even though two feet hit and an elbow hits, when you hit the ground, you have to maintain control of the ball," league officiating director Mike Pereira said. "It's the same at the 50-yard line as it is in the end zone. It's the same inbounds as it is out of bounds. Even though the feet come down first, if the ball comes loose, which it did here, if you don't maintain control of the ball, then it's an incomplete pass."

that was when it happened to Miami in 2002.

clear.gif

thats all you need

wazzy said:
Maybe I am alone on this one and just wanted Tampa to win!

no, you're not alone... i didn't think it was loose when his second foot hit down either...

:yeahthat: That was only explained by the officials in great detail....have to control it while catching it and going down

I did think it was incomplete but even if I didn't, it would be very hard to overturn that without an conclusive evidence. I think the biggest thing was that it was ruled an incomplete. When I first saw it, I thought it was a TD and that it would most likely go into OT, but after the replay, didn't look he had posession throughout the whole catch.

Great throw by Simms though from what I have heard

Back
Top Bottom