The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

Wasn't it Tomko who threw him under the bus?

Well who knows what actually happened but what was reported here in the Bay is that they hated each other and AJ was sabotaging Tomko's outtings intentionally and was just an all around arogant A-hole. I vividly remember listening to a radio interview he did during the last week of the season he was with us where he said he didn't care if we made the playoffs or not. What kind of **** is that? Although in fairness Tomko is also a prick from what i hear.

:lol:

I hate him cuz all he did was talk **** about the Giants when he was here and throw his teammates under the bus. Plus I just think he's an all around A-hole. Kinda like you, Phinny. :lol: :wink:

But Ofcourse!!!!!:cooldude:

Having another year on the contract might not ensure another full season for managers Ozzie Guillen of the White Sox, Jerry Narron in Cincinnati and Phil Garner in Houston.
-- Rocky Mountain News

If Mark Buehrle can't make his next start Tuesday at Oakland, Ozzie Guillen has options. One is to use rookie Nick Masset, who pitched 4 2/3 innings of one-run ball Thursday. X-rays came back negative, and the injury was called a bruised forearm, leaving Buehrle day-to-day.
-- Chicago Sun-Times

Javier Vazquez wasn't bothered by Saturday afternoon's frigid Chicago temperatures. The right-hander looked as strong in his season debut as he might on a warm day in July, holding the Twins scoreless on just one hit over 6 2/3 innings in the White Sox 3-0 win.

Rookie John Danks tossed six solid innings, allowing three runs on four hits while striking out six, but the White Sox couldn't muster any offense against Johan Santana and lost to the Twins, 3-1, on Sunday. Juan Uribe homered in the eighth off reliever Jesse Crain.

Welcome to the big leagues now beat the best pitcher on the planet is a tough way to start. I don't think their are alot of legit aces in the bigs but Santana is by far the best pitcher. I'm going off the top of my head but I think he becomes a free agent in '08. His contract is going to be A-Rod type money.

Danks looked really good, I loved the trade for both texas and the ChiSox when made and here's why...

For Texas-Millwood and Padilla have been decent pitchers, and I like Robinson Tejada. The DVD boys in Texas (Danks Volquez and Diamond) were all surpassed as prospects by Hurley, but he needed some more time in the minors, but the Rangers needed another major league ready pitcher (which McCarthey as been for a couple years).

Forthe ChiSox-Despite losing value the last couple of years, Danks is still an elite prospect, and makes some of the other young ChiSox pitchers expendable in trades.

The White Sox travel to McAfee Coliseum in Oakland, where they are 4-23 over the past six seasons, to take on the A's in the first game of a three-game set tonight at 9:05 CT. Jose Contreras hopes to bounce back from his rough Opening Day start.

Mark Buehrle gave up three runs in the first inning, but he settled down to blank the A's over the next six innings and the South Siders scored five runs in the last two innings in a 6-3 victory Wednesday. It was Chicago's first series win in Oakland since 2000.

Mark Buehrle gave up three runs in the first inning, but he settled down to blank the A's over the next six innings and the South Siders scored five runs in the last two innings in a 6-3 victory Wednesday. It was Chicago's first series win in Oakland since 2000.
Yeah, I saw a bunch of ChiSox fans on BART coming in to work. It made me sick! :lol: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom