The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

Paul Konerko went 3-for-4 with five RBIs, including a pair of two-run shots, leading the White Sox past the Royals, 7-4, at Kauffman Stadium on Monday night. Left-hander Mark Buehrle yielded three runs in seven innings en route to his second win of the year.

Sup Dogg?

That and the pitching isn't that great.

John Danks is not pitching well at all.:shakeno:

Danks is not Liriano. While he has not been amazing, he's been what I expected. The team has been average but I think it's because of the offense. They blew a lead the other night vs the Twins. Though Aardsma throws as hard as anybody in baseball. Detroit is hot right now, though this division is going to be close throughout the season. I said I thought Cleveland is not as good as advertised, right now i'll say I was wrong. From a talent perspective I think the White Sox are the best team. Though they've gotten away from manufacturing runs because of the big bats. The team isn't hitting right now. If the pitching staff continues as is and the hitting does what is expected they'll be in the mix.

I'm not going to post the link but Mark Buehrle leaving is not a given anymore. I'm sue ICE can find it but Buehrle and Reindsdorf had a conversation and I think he'll stay a White Sox. The down side of that is I think that Torii Hunter is going to be the top FA the team will look at. Which may mean Dye is gone. I'll say this also if A-Rod leaves NY, the White Sox will go at him as hard as any team in baseball. If he does not want to play in NY I think he'll be the SS on the southside.

Danks is not Liriano. While he has not been amazing, he's been what I expected. The team has been average but I think it's because of the offense. They blew a lead the other night vs the Twins. Though Aardsma throws as hard as anybody in baseball. Detroit is hot right now, though this division is going to be close throughout the season. I said I thought Cleveland is not as good as advertised, right now i'll say I was wrong. From a talent perspective I think the White Sox are the best team. Though they've gotten away from manufacturing runs because of the big bats. The team isn't hitting right now. If the pitching staff continues as is and the hitting does what is expected they'll be in the mix.

I'm not going to post the link but Mark Buehrle leaving is not a given anymore. I'm sure ICE can find it but Buehrle and Reindsdorf had a conversation and I think he'll stay a White Sox. The down side of that is I think that Torii Hunter is going to be the top FA the team will look at. Which may mean Dye is gone. I'll say this also if A-Rod leaves NY, the White Sox will go at him as hard as any team in baseball. If he does not want to play in NY I think he'll be the SS on the southside.

You think so, even after the heat between Ozzie and A-Rod???
Torii Hunter would be a nice pick up, but couldn't he move to CF?????
I think the Sox will keep Buehrle, and pay him well.

Hunter plays CF. If A-Rod leaves NY, the White Sox will make a huge push for him. Buehrle re-assured Reinsdorf that he'll allow the White Sox the opportunity to match any offer. If it's ridiculous I think they won't re-sign him. They offered him 3 years 35 mil in the offseason. I think 3 years 40 mil maybe able to get the deal done.

Southpaw Mark Buehrle takes his fifth attempt at win No. 100 on Friday when the White Sox host the Devil Rays at U.S. Cellular Field.

Chisox recently tweaked rotation. I'm assuming Ozzie wanted to go R/L/R/L and given the rainout vs the Yanks a week ago he was allowed to do that. Now It's Contreras/Danks/Garland/Buehrle/Vazquez.

I was looking at some stats like a week ago or something. I had to do a double-take after missing a bunch of time Thome still was one of the leaders in walks. He makes everybody in the lineup better. Konerko and Dye should start to hit better because they'll see better pitches. Once they start hitting I think Crede and Pierzynski will get it going because they'll see better pitches.

Nick Masset made a nice spot start. If they do lose Buehrle the team does have guys who can step in, IMO.

Mark Buehrle notched his 100th career win, leading the White Sox past the Astros, 6-3, in Sunday's series finale at U.S. Cellular Field. The southpaw tossed eight strong innings, allowing only one run. Paul Konerko, Luis Terrero and Juan Uribe each homered.

While Javier Vazquez allowed just three runs -- on three solo homers -- over six innings, the Sox bats were unable to get on track in Monday night's 3-0 loss to the Phillies. Adam Eaton and two relievers held Chicago to five hits in the Interleague series opener.

Sox right-hander Jose Contreras, who has lost two of his past three starts, gets the nod tonight at 6:05 p.m. CT against the Phillies. Contreras, facing Philadelphia for the first time, opposes young left-hander Cole Hamels at Citizens Bank Park.

Back
Top Bottom