The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

I hear 'ya. It would hurt to lose Buerhle cuz pitching in this league is at a premium. But if you get some good prospects in return you guys should be alright longterm.

Buerhle is still pitching well, just the supporting cast isn't showing up.

We already have a bunch of prospects and it shows.:nono:

Buerhle is still pitching well, just the supporting cast isn't showing up.

We already have a bunch of prospects and it shows.:nono:
It could be worse, bro. You could be held hostage by an Aging Superstar and forced to bring in a bunch of has beens and not even be able to start the re-building process. :(

The White Sox send Mark Buehrle, who is coming off a stellar start against the Pirates, to take on the Cubs to begin a three-game weekend series.

White Sox general manager Ken Williams has all the explosives and wiring in place, with his finger resting on the button. One more embarrassing series and Williams might have no choice but to blow up the 2007 version of the Sox. Mark Buehrle, Jermaine Dye and Tadahito Iguchi will be free agents after the season, while the Sox hold a 2008 option on shortstop Juan Uribe and haven't been thrilled with his lack of concentration in the field. There are also scenarios in which starting pitchers Jose Contreras, Jon Garland or Javier Vazquez could be moved. In other words, no one is safe.

Chicago Sun Times

The White Sox are the worst team in baseball right now. I'm disgusted with their play. Mark Buehrle should probably get an extension today because he's been great this year. Aside from half of last year he's been i'll say an un-conventional ace; he doesn't strike out guys but he's not a top notch ace but i'll say like a Wang. The OF is pathetic, if Podsednik and Erstad aren't going to be back i'd rather see Sweeney and Anderson than Mackowiak and Terrero/Owens. The first 25 games I thought the bullpen would be a strength but it's awful. Nobody will find a bigger Joe Crede fan but I think he'll be dealt in the offseason because I think Fields will turn into a surprise the rest of the year.

If the White Sox are determined to come out of a Mark Buehrle deal with two (or more) can't-miss prospects, count the Red Sox out. Most baseball observers view the Mets as team most willing to pay or overpay, as the case may be for the lefty.

The Providence Journal

The Red Sox and Braves also have discussed Mark Buehrle with the White Sox, and the list of suitors likely includes the Phillies, Cardinals (the favorite to land him in a long-term deal) and Mariners.

New York Newsday

Jon Garland had the type of outing the White Sox needed, allowing one run on five hits while striking out three over seven-plus innings in a 6-1 win against the Devil Rays on Tuesday night. Andy Gonzalez and Jim Thome went back-to-back in the fifth inning.

ST. PETERSBURG -- A report coming Wednesday morning from WSCR 670 AM, the White Sox flagship radio station, of a new multi-year deal close to being agreed upon between the White Sox and Mark Buehrle would not be confirmed by the team.

The radio station's report was that Buehrle and the team were on the verge of agreeing to a four-year, $50 million deal, quite a turnaround from this past weekend, when the left-hander's name was in the news as the top target on Major League Baseball's open market. Buehrle has made no secret of his desire to stay in Chicago, trying to finish his career with the team with which he started, a sentiment seemingly echoed by the White Sox organization and Buehrle's teammates.

PTI said Buehrle signed an extension. If it is 4/50 I consider it a bargain. He's a 3-time all-star whose 28 and with the price of pitching it'd be a great move by Kenny Williams.

I wonder if this means Contreras is going to be dealt? Hopefully they build their pitching staff around Garland who will be up after next year I believe.

PTI said Buehrle signed an extension. If it is 4/50 I consider it a bargain. He's a 3-time all-star whose 28 and with the price of pitching it'd be a great move by Kenny Williams.

I wonder if this means Contreras is going to be dealt? Hopefully they build their pitching staff around Garland who will be up after next year I believe.

Just so Buehrle and Garland are still here, we should be okay.

Paul Konerko went 3-for-5 with two solo homers as the White Sox defeated the Rays, 5-1, on Thursday. Tadahito Iguchi went 2-for-3 with a homer. Starter Javier Vazquez earned his fourth win by allowing just one run on six hits while striking out 10.

Righty Jose Contreras will take the mound in the series opener tonight at 7:10 CT as the White Sox face the red-hot Royals. The White Sox and Royals have both won four consecutive games. Contreras will be opposed by righty Brian Bannister.

Back
Top Bottom