The Cost Of Doing Business? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Cost Of Doing Business?

i think you must wear tua footie pajamas to bed. all you do is defend every single thing about him. first of all it is not just baker. it is xavien howard, wilkins, williams, hunt, ogbah and baker now. and yes it is because of tua, who is going to get his deal. be careful what you wish for, because you are getting it
Actually....not really. I like Tua and certainly hope they sign him to an extension. However I also realize the NFL is a business and whether he gets a deal or not, isn't going to be up to me.

However, the reason you feel like I'm all about Tua....is because EVERY one of your posts is about Tua. Literally every one....you can't be responded to without it coming up because it is all you focus on.

Your post above starts off with Baker....which is sort of the hot topic for the moment, and where do you think it ends......with Tua of course.

Also, you do realize that if Tua does in fact get signed to an extension, then his cap hit this year will go down right? This would allow us to sign or retain more players right? You also don't want to pay Tua because you think he will be overpaid for his performance to date....but you want to pay Baker who is overpaid for his performance level and because the Fins don't, it is Tua's fault? Howard wasn't overpaid for his performance? Ogbah wasn't?

The road to recovery begins with admitting you have a problem.

as best as i can tell we went all in for last year, to take advantage of tua being on his rookie deal. for a myriad of reasons, it did not work. the object of the game now is not to compound the problem, and instead manage around it and find the best outcome possible. i am worried we will make it worse, as this organization has tended to do

It will be much worse, and the product on the field last year was predominantly smoke n mirrors.

This team ain't going anywhere.
This team is all flash and no substance, with a QB who may be worth 5 million but definitely not 50 million, a HC playcaller who has no experience and it shows, and an inept GM. So, the best possible outcome is for Ross to clean house completely this time around.

But, we all know that nothing is going to change. Grier is going to kick the can down the road on overpriced players, Tua is going to get a big contract, McDaniel is still going to be lost against good/smart defenses, and they'll continue to look good for a bit and then choke and lose to the good teams, because that's what they do.

And down goes Baker, down goes Baker. Granted not the biggest loss, although we have no replacement. Neither Hunt nor Wilkins nor Williams tagged either. Now it should be clearer what the cost of doing business is. What a total cluster. All to lock down Tua for the 5 and $250mm, when there is no rush and he can play out the 5th year option. I just do not get it. The object is to get better, not worse.
What will be fun is the next 5 years we will have your cry Tua posts and threads to look forward to.

Glorious.

The Dolphins have been a rather impulsive franchise under Ross and that's more just who he is as an Owner. I'd cite his philosophy and his strategic approach more than his age.

He's not going to hire a HC to whom he gives complete organizational authority like what Kraft gave Bill Belichick in NE or like Jed York gave Kyle Shanahan to come in and take over as HC of the 49ers.

Right or wrong, Ross expects to have input as the primary financial backer (which is understandable). Philosophically, he doesn't want to give up control to a single individual, instead preferring to have a group of people make decisions collectively. I think Ross & Grier are aligned in that vision which is why Grier hasn't really been challenged. He doesn't talk or act like a GM who's on the hot seat.

I think the Dolphins cleared the table more to acquire extra draft capital to ensure they could move up for the QB they wanted. In the end, nothing was going to be enough for Cincinnati to give up the #1 pick even though I'm sure many came calling for Burrow. We've heard the Dolphins were among several teams that picked up the phone.

I don't think it's fundamentally wrong to pick a QB if you believe he's really THAT good. John Elway went to a rather 'meh' organization and he ended up dragging the Broncos to several Super Bowls before Shanahan ever got there.

The problem is getting over that impulse of thinking you HAVE to draft one particular QB. Falling in love is typically the mistake. You have to trust that if you don't pick someone this year, you'll be able to come back and get someone else the next year. At the GM-level you can't be chasing players or falling in love. It's got to be a long-term project and you have to be okay with talent going to other teams if it's not in line with your plan.

I honestly don't think the Dolphins have any sort of plan though. They've continuously failed to find alignment among their key decision-makers and they're without any kind of real identity even today. They've continuously alienated the more veteran coaches including Parcells, Gailey and Fangio. They've had some real culture issues as well ranging from bully-gate to players not getting along with coaches to the whole blow-up with Flores.

Too often, Miami finds itself parting ways with people on explicitly bad terms and when that sort of thing happens over and over it's a disturbing trend.

Last edited:
The Dolphins have been a rather impulsive franchise under Ross and that's more just who he is as an Owner. I'd cite his philosophy and his strategic approach more than his age.

He's not going to hire a HC to whom he gives complete organizational authority like what Kraft gave Bill Belichick in NE or like Jed York gave Kyle Shanahan to come in and take over as HC of the 49ers.

Right or wrong, Ross expects to have input as the primary financial backer (which is understandable). Philosophically, he doesn't want to give up control to a single individual, instead preferring to have a group of people make decisions collectively. I think Ross & Grier are aligned in that vision which is why Grier hasn't really been challenged. He doesn't talk or act like a GM who's on the hot seat.

I think the Dolphins cleared the table more to acquire extra draft capital to ensure they could move up for the QB they wanted. In the end, nothing was going to be enough for Cincinnati to give up the #1 pick even though I'm sure many came calling for Burrow. We've heard the Dolphins were among several teams that picked up the phone.

I don't think it's fundamentally wrong to pick a QB if you believe he's really THAT good. John Elway went to a rather 'meh' organization and he ended up dragging the Broncos to several Super Bowls before Shanahan ever got there.

The problem is getting over that impulse of thinking you HAVE to draft one particular QB. Falling in love is typically the mistake. You have to trust that if you don't pick someone this year, you'll be able to come back and get someone else the next year. At the GM-level you can't be chasing players or falling in love. It's got to be a long-term project and you have to be okay with talent going to other teams if it's not in line with your plan.

I honestly don't think the Dolphins have any sort of plan though. They've continuously failed to find alignment among their key decision-makers and they're without any kind of real identity even today. They've continuously alienated the more veteran coaches including Parcells, Gailey and Fangio. They've had some real culture issues as well ranging from bully-gate to players not getting along with coaches to the whole blow-up with Flores.

Too often, Miami finds itself parting ways with people on explicitly bad terms and when that sort of thing happens over and over it's a disturbing trend.

It's good to see one's ideas spreading! 😂

Now go pay tua 50 mill a year and let him play lb dl corner and oline. Let him play Wilkins position and be a one man team. We haven't won one playoff game with him. Also make sure he delivers the ball in less than 2 seconds because one good hit and he's done......

Now seriously folks. We losing all these players Wilkins baker hunt some we drafted because tua wants to get paid?

You don't do that ...find a way to keep your own and add more talent..

Restructure bigger signing bonuses find a way.

If this happens we are going to lose many games in 2024.

Find a way.
Go phins

Back
Top Bottom