"The Dolphins could have the best offense in 2017" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Dolphins could have the best offense in 2017"

Our offense wasn't on the field much last season, so the defense will play a huge role in how far the offensive numbers climb. And the defense can't be any worse than it was last season. We're getting Reshad Jones back, and we've added some veterans as well as an influx of rookie talent.

Fan blog aside, if they get this O-line figured out and Tannehill comes back 100% I don't see why they can't be one of the best offenses in the league. Although probably not #1 in the league. We don't have an elite WR on Julio's level. That's what really makes Atlanta's offense scary. Plus the running game needs to be more consistent. Outside Ajayi's two 200 yard games, he could barely get to 100 at times. That goes back to the O-line clicking though. Especially at guard. Plus we don't know how good our TEs are going to be this year. We don't know what Julius Thomas we are going to get this year. He could be the difference between being solid and being great.

Last edited:
Best offense would be quite a mountain to climb right away, but I'd definitely settle for top 10-12 range with limited boneheaded mistakes\turnovers.

Fan blog aside, if they get this O-line figured out and Tannehill comes back 100% I don't see why they can't be one of the best offenses in the league. Although probably not #1 in the league. We don't have an elite WR on Julio's level. That's what really makes Atlanta's offense scary. Plus the running game needs to be more consistent. Outside Ajayi's two 200 yard games, he could barely get to 100 at times. That goes back to the O-line clicking though. Especially at guard. Plus we don't know how good our TEs are going to be this year. We don't know what Julius Thomas we are going to get this year. He could be the difference between being solid and being great.

It was Julio Jones' 6th year w/ Atlanta and had 53 less catches then he did in '16 from the previous year w/ 2 less TDs (6 total). The difference was coaching and the players settling in the 2nd year of Shanahan's offense.

I'm not claiming Miami will make this type of jump, but coaching and scheme is more important than individual talent.

A long, long time ago the Atlanta Falcons went from 21st in offensive scoring in '15 to being #1 the very next season in '16, but it hasn't happened since then.

SOS, the stat guy. Like the ring of that. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom