the Dolphins & Peyton Manning (another "Manning" Thread) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the Dolphins & Peyton Manning (another "Manning" Thread)

Originally posted by Prime Time
If Peyton indeed does become a FA. I see these teams making a serious run at him.

Arizona (Has Money)
Oakland (Will have Money)
Washington (Has Money)
Dallas
San Diego
49ers (If they lose Garcia)
Tampa Bay

take it for sure he wont go to Arizona.....I watched a show on the cardinals on how they are in danger of losing some fans, and they interviewed the president of the organization, because the owner declined an interview, and most people say hes greedy, he said he wasnt gonna pay a big time player big time money until they had a new staduim they can settle into.....So i dont think Az will be going anywhere anytime soon....Besides I think manning will want to go to a team that has SOME kind of shot.

Originally posted by chambers84
I heard all these No Way In Hell we could get Ricky Williams threads 2 years ago, and BAM, look what happened. We have a good chance at either Peyton or Eli Manning. Bottom Line Changes are coming, and are needed.

Big difference between Ricky and Manning----Ricky was making minimum salary when we traded for him. Miami has shown a propensity over the last few years not to pay a lot for new players.

I agree with the originator of this thread.
To sit here and dream about dressing Manning in Aqua and Orange is borderlind delusional at this point.

Just like everyone is stating that Miami could work around the cap to get him here, don't you think the Colts will try to do the same?

I guess they are prepared to ditch the Manning Era for the Brock Huard one? Give me a break!
Recognize speculation for what it truly is and move on.

Miami does not have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to the cap as compared to some other candidates who will go after Manning should he become available.

5 or 10 million over the course of a few years in "salary" doesn't compare to what he could make off of royalties, commercials, and everything else if say......he was the last piece of the puzzle to get our offense into overdrive.....with our D and him leading an improved offense....it's be pretty damn tough to not see us repeat SB champs I would think....and IF he does become a FA I'm sure that will weigh in his mind.

Then again......i doubt it if that happens.

Beating the cap is easy... we sign Peyton to play for us for the vet minimum. Then Blockbuster or Waste Management or whatever Wayne owns these days pays him $40 million a year to do commercials.:)

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Beating the cap is easy... we sign Peyton to play for us for the vet minimum. Then Blockbuster or Waste Management or whatever Wayne owns these days pays him $40 million a year to do commercials.:)

Not to metion free rentals and waste removal :lol:

Salary cap is a farce until it comes back to haunt you. Even teams over the cap can always come up with something as long as your ready to ditch players a year or 2 down the road.

I believe Peyton will make it to FA cause lets face it if Indy was going to get something done they should have by now. I can't see Peyton not seeing what is out there in FA. It's going to be a contract for the ages though.

The chance of Eli Manning falling to us in the first round is VERY slim...

But getting Eli is about 100 times more likely then getting Peyton.

Hell signing Peyton is about as likely as signing Archie...ain't gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom